talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yellowstone

football forum

• Subscriber

Just thought I let you both know I finished Season 3. Whoa. Jamie is such a cunt. Kind of reminds me of my sister. Also the Dutton family is worse than Fidel Castro, you can't kill them regardless how hard you try xD

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

What do you guys think of season 4 so far? (Im assuming nudge is caught up xD

The Jimmy redemption story in the 6"s has been great to watch. Remembering where he started out its been a wild ride, cant help but root for the guy. I love the horse stuff too, idk something just mesmerizing watching them in action. I also related to the kid smacking his balls... that was my first horse riding experience 

xD

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

What do you guys think of season 4 so far? (Im assuming nudge is caught up xD

Hide contents

The Jimmy redemption story in the 6"s has been great to watch. Remembering where he started out its been a wild ride, cant help but root for the guy. I love the horse stuff too, idk something just mesmerizing watching them in action. I also related to the kid smacking his balls... that was my first horse riding experience 

xD

You bet I am... B|

Season 3 is still my favourite so far, followed by Season 2, and I think Season 4 is a bit weaker, but still great. Can't believe it's the season finale on Sunday already :( 

Spoiler

Agree regarding Jimmy's story, he seems to be finally getting his life sorted out. A proper cowboy and whatnot :D Hope he sticks with this girl, too, as the other one was just doing my head in  xD 

I worry about Beth and Rip most. Beth is THE tragic character of the show, so I just can't see her being given a happy ending. With her falling out with her father in last episode already, I expect things to get worse for her. Not sure they'd have the balls to kill her off (hopefully not), but I do worry that her demise might be the shock of the season finale (maybe Rip being killed?). Hope not, but I also hope they don't kill off John, because there's literally no show without him.

Jamie's still a massive spineless twat, but his biological father is a completely new level of an evil manipulative bastard, hope he gets whacked in the finale. Preferably by Jamie himself.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

You bet I am... B|

Season 3 is still my favourite so far, followed by Season 2, and I think Season 4 is a bit weaker, but still great. Can't believe it's the season finale on Sunday already :( 

Reveal hidden contents

I think John is the one untouchable, hes the constant and the reason for the fight and the show as you say. I have thought about that for Beth for a season or so now I think your probably right. She just doesnt get the happily ever after, whether its her or Rip, could definitely see Rip sacrificing himself for John that type of deal too and would be equally as devastating; they've been the love story for the ages! Jaimie growing balls and offing his father would be something but it just doesnt seem like it....that reminds me you finally got to the reveal of the crux of the Beth Jaimie relationship.. I thought that was really well done..they really did build some great characters in this show 

:)

Also had no idea theres only one more..damn.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Hide contents

I think John is the one untouchable, hes the constant and the reason for the fight and the show as you say. I have thought about that for Beth for a season or so now I think your probably right. She just doesnt get the happily ever after, whether its her or Rip, could definitely see Rip sacrificing himself for John that type of deal too and would be equally as devastating; they've been the love story for the ages! Jaimie growing balls and offing his father would be something but it just doesnt seem like it....that reminds me you finally got to the reveal of the crux of the Beth Jaimie relationship.. I thought that was really well done..they really did build some great characters in this show 

:)

Also had no idea theres only one more..damn.

Spoiler

Yes, I think it's the most character-rich series since LOST. All the key ones are really unforgettable and complex, and even the supporting ones are mostly awesome (I'm looking at you, Mo). 

What felt a bit out of place this season for me was the whole activist angle. Makes sense given the societal trends, but I guess I just didn't expect that. The breakfast scene with all the vegan/gluten-free/non-GMO dialogue was a hilarious pisstake though xD 

Is Season 5 confirmed already? I think it makes sense to end it soon, as otherwise it risks dragging on forever, following the same formula of "neverending war to protect the ranch", just with new villains and more interpersonal drama until it gets boring. Besides, 1883 is absolutely incredible, and there's a lot of freedom to spin more stories related to the Dutton family from various time periods. Who knows, maybe there will be a sequel in the future, with Tate, Carter and Jamie's kid protecting the ranch from new enemies... xD 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I agree wholeheartedly! There comes a point to wrap it up, how many enemies can you really keep reintroducing with the same goal in mind. I havent looked it up but I would assume the way things are angling theres maybe another season though? Will be checking out 1883 after this though for sure :)

• Subscriber

Frankly, I enjoyed the finale, but thought it was a bit underwhelming as well.

Spoiler

The low bodycount surprised me xD 

I was convinced it was going to be the end of Beth. First going to the prison with the intention to kill the guy who hired the militia, then going to Jamie's office with the intention to kill him... When she rushed the impromptu wedding, I really thought she was going to end up dead later in the episode 😅 Kidnapping the priest was hilarious though xD Either way, she looks very mentally unstable (even more than her usual self), and I wonder how it'll turn out for her next season.

Jamie is still an annoying little spineless cunt. Seems I guessed it right about him killing his biological father, but I can't understand how he didn't see that it was exactly what Beth wanted to be able to blackmail and control him in the future. Seems a bit dim for a lawyer. 

Thought the whole Kayce's vision stuff went for a bit too long, and then we still didn't get to see the actual vision (the two paths?) 🙄 If I had to make a bold wild guess, I'd say that he'll work towards integrating the ranch & the land into the reservation in order to save it from Market Equities and other land grabbers.

What else? Jimmy had a very satisfying character development, didn't he? Was glad to see him staying with his Texas fiancée, and the way he turned into a honourable man who keeps his word and makes sound decisions. Think we won't see much of him in later seasons (if at all), but it's possible that he'll be part of the upcoming 6666 TV series?

My seasons rating after watching the finale:

Season 3 > Season 2 > Season 4 > Season 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Just been made aware of this TV show through watching a video from a channel i'm sub'd to: 

Is this based on anything in real life?

As much as I'm aware, no. But it's a great show. I struggled with Season 1 as everyone just comes across as fucking mental, but it really gets going in Season 2... I binged 3 seasons in less than two weeks, I think xD 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

The next prequel of Yellowstone, called 1932, will air in December and star Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren as the next generation of Duttons after 1883 :o

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Watched it last night. Not a whole lot of major developments to bang this one off yet really until the end with a bit of a downer. Great to see the beautiful landscape again, its been a while :D

About to watch both episodes now... 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

xD Yes... It premiered with two episodes...

Welp, I know what Im doing tonight. We have cable included with our rent so we actually have Paramount network but it wasnt on for some reason so we just streamed it...but clearly only one xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Welp, I know what Im doing tonight. We have cable included with our rent so we actually have Paramount network but it wasnt on for some reason so we just streamed it...but clearly only one xD

I waited until tonight after work to watch it... :D Really exciting. And the very first moment I see Jamie again, I want to smash his face xD 

Archived