The better place to talk football.

Yellowstone

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah, that rat soaking up the crowd and applause.....

"Can I have one too?"

"Go fuck yourself." 

xD Beth. A complete nutcase, but just what that family needs.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I see why it was two episodes.. second was much more eventful :D

Yeah, I thought it was quite a decent start to the season. John is completely out of place as a governor, you can just feel how much he hates it, too xD very relatable, haha. 

• Subscriber

Jamies such a good character though isnt he, the acting is spot on too. You absolutely loathe him and the backstory with Beth you fully understand why she is the way she is towards him but at the same time you also cant help but feel some empathy for him. Hes going to be torn to shreds from both sides here Im thinking xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

These last two episodes have been fantastic. Ignoring the annoying Jaimie repeated betrayal storyline in the works, they've been a couple of the best of the series imo. I just love the ranch stuff away from the politics and the usual protect my land stuff. The backdrop is always gorgeous but its just more of a genuine feel and relaxing watching the herding and branding and Beth and Rip.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

These last two episodes have been fantastic. Ignoring the annoying Jaimie repeated betrayal storyline in the works, they've been a couple of the best of the series imo. I just love the ranch stuff away from the politics and the usual protect my land stuff. The backdrop is always gorgeous but its just more of a genuine feel and relaxing watching the herding and branding and Beth and Rip.

It's beautiful, isn't it?... Every time I watch this series, I get so nostalgic about the countryside. Wide open spaces, breathtaking views, the simplicity, and that incredible feeling of freedom. Nothing quite compares to it.

• Subscriber

The first episode of 1923 is really good... The next good addition to the Yellowstone franchise after 1883.

I like how the intro also explained what happened to the Dutton family after 1883 ended. Quite grim... and it seems this will be a tough ride for the Duttons, too. 

Slight spoilers ahead...

I was surprised to hear Elsa Dutton narrating at the start of the episode... Doesn't make much sense considering that she's dead, so I guess she's narrating from beyond the grave, but I still liked it

xD I love the Africa subplot and the scenery that comes with it! Spencer Dutton is a cool and interesting character. The cast is brilliant overall.

The Indian boarding school scenes just make me furious, and I'm glad they are addressing the issue. Hope to see more of what happens there. The main girl Teonna will probably have an important role to play. Judging from the trailer, I think she's the ancestor of Yellowstone's Chief Rainwater... It's good to see Native Americans being given more spotlight in TV and movies recently.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, nudge said:

The first episode of 1923 is really good... The next good addition to the Yellowstone franchise after 1883.

I like how the intro also explained what happened to the Dutton family after 1883 ended. Quite grim... and it seems this will be a tough ride for the Duttons, too. 

Slight spoilers ahead...

Reveal hidden contents

Going to wait probably until its done to go through it so I wont read you're spoilers yet but im glad it sounds just as promising as 1883. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Going to wait probably until its done to go through it so I wont read you're spoilers yet but im glad it sounds just as promising as 1883. 

I think this is going to be two seasons, too! Judging from the first episode, it's going to be more like Yellowstone than 1883, which was pretty much a pure western, whereas 1923 focuses more on the ranching, politics, certain social issues and there's also another subplot in another setting which I am not going to spoil to you, but I love it! :D 

It's also brilliant to have an episode of 1923 on Sunday, followed up by an episode of Yellowstone on Monday...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

As much as I love Yellowstone (even if I think it's slowly becoming too repetitive), I must say that it's probably the only TV series where the prequels/spin-offs are better than the original. 1883 was great, but I think 1923 might end up being even better... Watched Episode 3 last night, and it was truly epic. 

Also, everything in television that Taylor Sheridan touches seem to turn to gold instantly.

• Subscriber
On 02/01/2023 at 05:34, nudge said:

As much as I love Yellowstone (even if I think it's slowly becoming too repetitive), I must say that it's probably the only TV series where the prequels/spin-offs are better than the original. 1883 was great, but I think 1923 might end up being even better... Watched Episode 3 last night, and it was truly epic. 

Also, everything in television that Taylor Sheridan touches seem to turn to gold instantly.

You're definitely not alone, as much as I enjoy Yellowstone its kind of a guilty pleasure to some degree you know what youre getting into. 1883 was fantastic full stop, and Im more excited to watch 1923 :D

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

You're definitely not alone, as much as I enjoy Yellowstone its kind of a guilty pleasure to some degree you know what youre getting into. 1883 was fantastic full stop, and Im more excited to watch 1923 :D

Yeah, at the moment Yellowstone is a bit like the Dallas of the 21st century xD It's a bit strange, as while I originally struggled with Season 1, the show became truly compelling and Seasons 2 and 3 were a great watch. Don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying it and will keep on watching, but it seems to drag on with the same plotlines and is generally turning into a telenovela of sorts. So yeah, a bit of a guilty pleasure for sure :D 

Have you watched the latest episode? Apparently, it was the midseason finale, and now we will have to wait until SUMMER for the second half of the season which they haven't even started filming yet 🙄

And I can't wait for you to see 1923! It's great... 

Oh and by the way, put Tulsa King on your list, if you haven't watched it yet. The idea of Stallone playing a mobster who gets exiled to Tulsa might sound ridiculous, but it's surprisingly a very enjoyable show!

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, at the moment Yellowstone is a bit like the Dallas of the 21st century xD It's a bit strange, as while I originally struggled with Season 1, the show became truly compelling and Seasons 2 and 3 were a great watch. Don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying it and will keep on watching, but it seems to drag on with the same plotlines and is generally turning into a telenovela of sorts. So yeah, a bit of a guilty pleasure for sure :D 

Have you watched the latest episode? Apparently, it was the midseason finale, and now we will have to wait until SUMMER for the second half of the season which they haven't even started filming yet 🙄

And I can't wait for you to see 1923! It's great... 

Oh and by the way, put Tulsa King on your list, if you haven't watched it yet. The idea of Stallone playing a mobster who gets exiled to Tulsa might sound ridiculous, but it's surprisingly a very enjoyable show!

I watched the latest episdoe but had no idea that was the mid season finale :| Kind of makes sense in hindsight given the Jaimie bomb finally dropped. I wish they wouldnt do this mid season break shit...complete the story and just make it two seperate seasons argh. If thats the case we will probably be starting 1923 then sooner...thats the good news. 

I remember seeing the preview and pretty much dismissing that but alright Ill keep in mind if its got your stamp of approval. Kind of reminded me of Mayor of Kingstown for some reason which was ok at best.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I watched the latest episdoe but had no idea that was the mid season finale :| Kind of makes sense in hindsight given the Jaimie bomb finally dropped. I wish they wouldnt do this mid season break shit...complete the story and just make it two seperate seasons argh. If thats the case we will probably be starting 1923 then sooner...thats the good news. 

I remember seeing the preview and pretty much dismissing that but alright Ill keep in mind if its got your stamp of approval. Kind of reminded me of Mayor of Kingstown for some reason which was ok at best.

It has @Bluewolf's seal of approval, too -_-

I was meaning to watch Mayor of Kingstown, but now I am not sure...

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, nudge said:

It has @Bluewolf's seal of approval, too -_-

I was meaning to watch Mayor of Kingstown, but now I am not sure...

I never finished it, I think I watched 2 episodes? I would have kept watching but the mrs wasnt interested. It was ok, story was interesting enough but nothing special. I might circle back on my own at some point.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

There are rumours circulating that the show will end with Season 5, as apparently there are huge disagreements with Kevin Costner in terms of shooting schedule, due to Costner working on his own multi-part Western epic movie. But don't worry, a new spinoff series is already in planning, with Matthew McConaughey expected to take the lead role xD 

https://collider.com/yellowstone-ending-with-season-5/

Actually would make sense to end it, as I think the show risks becoming way too repetitive and less and less believable. The prequels were (are) great, so I would rather see new stories in the same universe instead of continuing with the whole "Beth is crazy, Jamie is a cunt, they hate each other, and John is indestructible" schtick with a new or modified set of villains every season.  

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

There are rumours circulating that the show will end with Season 5, as apparently there are huge disagreements with Kevin Costner in terms of shooting schedule, due to Costner working on his own multi-part Western epic movie. But don't worry, a new spinoff series is already in planning, with Matthew McConaughey expected to take the lead role xD 

https://collider.com/yellowstone-ending-with-season-5/

Actually would make sense to end it, as I think the show risks becoming way too repetitive and less and less believable. The prequels were (are) great, so I would rather see new stories in the same universe instead of continuing with the whole "Beth is crazy, Jamie is a cunt, they hate each other, and John is indestructible" schtick with a new or modified set of villains every season.  

I actually originally thought season 5 was the last and I dont know why but I agree it should be. We've talked about how many times can they rework the "I need to protect my ranch" storyline as well as what you mention, Jaimie inevitably betraying them again and again, beth crazy. Yeah its run its course, Im on board with that.

Reminds me I still need to watch the other spinoff too. You had me at McConaughey. Im also interested in anything Costner wants to be that involved in, especially a Western. This is all good news everyone! 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I actually originally thought season 5 was the last and I dont know why but I agree it should be. We've talked about how many times can they rework the "I need to protect my ranch" storyline as well as what you mention, Jaimie inevitably betraying them again and again, beth crazy. Yeah its run its course, Im on board with that.

Reminds me I still need to watch the other spinoff too. You had me at McConaughey. Im also interested in anything Costner wants to be that involved in, especially a Western. This is all good news everyone! 

Yep, I really am looking forward to what Costner will come up with! The epic is called Horizon, and there's supposed to be 4 movies (released every 3 months) covering a 15 year period in the American West before and after the Civil War. The first part finished filming last year, as much as I'm aware. The cast already looks pretty impressive, and there will apparently be 170+ active characters in total... Quite a huge undertaking, and should hopefully be a real treat for us Western fans!

Oh yeah, also just watched the latest episode 1923 yesterday, good stuff... 

Archived