The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores 2020

football forum

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ha, clever!

Not seen it - will look out for it. Is it on Netflix or any other platform to access it?

I was just so shocked to see them literally next door to each other. Especially considering their stature. Nothing between them geographically! Which is the bigger club?

I´m not sure if it´s available on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video in UK. In Brazil, it´s available on Prime Video. 

I´d say both clubs are equally big. Independiente is the club with the most Libertadores titles, but Racing is also a huge club. 

In Argentina, there´s traditionally five big clubs: Boca, River, Racing, Independiente and San Lorenzo. 

Then, there are some of discussions about who´d come after, Rosario Central, Newell´s, Vélez Sarsfield and Estudiantes de la Plata all have a claim to being the 6th biggest team in the country. 

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I´m not sure if it´s available on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video in UK. In Brazil, it´s available on Prime Video. 

I´d say both clubs are equally big. Independiente is the club with the most Libertadores titles, but Racing is also a huge club. 

In Argentina, there´s traditionally five big clubs: Boca, River, Racing, Independiente and San Lorenzo. 

Then, there are some of discussions about who´d come after, Rosario Central, Newell´s, Vélez Sarsfield and Estudiantes de la Plata all have a claim to being the 6th biggest team in the country. 

For me it's Rosario or Estudiantes. The former for their massive fanbase, the latter for their 4 Libertadores titles. Velez don't strike me as a big club, just a successful one.

• Administrator

What is Armani doing? Why did he go to the cross with his feet?! 

Rony's shot took a deflection but its not excuse for how Armani tries to clear the cross. 

• Administrator

Nearly 2-0 Palmeiras but there's an offside in the build-up. 

Scarpa did so well to dink it over Armani though. Unfortunate that has to be disallowed but correct call. 

Marcelo Gallardo won't be happy with this at the half.

On the other hand, Armani has been so poor. He's been in decline for quite a while. He used to be such a stand out, but I think Scaloni should know when it's time to put him to a side. Emi Martinez surely is Argentina's #1 now.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Montiel has a great cross on him. Very dangerous. 

De la Cruz still trying to make things happen but final ball from River is lacking. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

Montiel is so good. Vina himself is a good full-back but Montiel just passed by him like he was nothing. 

There will be a lot of teams coming with offers for him as he contract expires in June.

And proven himself for quite a few years. Different to Carrascal and De La Cruz who really started standing out recently. I'd be surprised if he stays in South America.

River really need to shoot at goal. They've been a machine in this tournament but they are too comfortable with making an extra pass. Palmeiras is the best they've faced in the Libertadores and it's showing how the defensive style is uncomforting them.

Also I'm not a big fan of Rafael Santos Borre.

He's definitely improved heaps since he arrived at River. At the start he was utterly useless. He's a decent player now but I don't see a future for him in Europe. This is his peak I reckon.

Carrascal, De La Cruz and Montiel are the real deal on this team.

River Plate have been too comfortable in this tournament, to be honest.

They battered Binacional twice and battered Nacional de Montevideo. Both teams who provided a ton of space and allowed for extra passes in the box, which is clearly what they are doing here but it isn't working to their advantage.

Sometimes too many "goleadas" results in a raising of ego and that doesn't bode well for important matches.

Archived