• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/02/2020 at 21:18, Inti Brian said:

Yesterdays results

Universitario 1-1 Cerro Porteño

Cerro Largo 1-1 Palestino

The Strongest 2-0 Atletico Tucuman

Guarani 1-0 Corinthians

The Strongest are only really strong when they play at home at their high altitude stadium in La Paz. No doubt that Atletico Tucuman would have felt the affects of the thin air, in the Bolivian mountains.

Internacional 1-0 Deportes Tolima (1-0)

Cerro Porteño 0-4 Barcelona (0-5)

Barcelona goes into group A with Flamengo, Junior and Independiente del Valle while Internacional go Group E with Gremio (!!!) Catolica and America de Cali.

25 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Did you see Fidel Martinez' goal last night?

Should look familiar... xD

That was a good run, a clever shimmy and a cool finish. But the defending by that defender was terrible, he was so easily beaten. 

Fidel Martinez is a very talented winger, it's a shame he never tried his luck in one of the European leagues.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

That was a good run, a clever shimmy and a cool finish. But the defending by that defender was terrible, he was so easily beaten. 

Fidel Martinez is a very talented winger, it's a shame he never tried his luck in one of the European leagues.

It's an extremely similar goal to Messi vs Bayern - hence why I said "look familiar?"

And yeah I really liked Fidel when he was in the Liga MX. Things didn't quite pan out for him but he's dominated the start of the Libertadores. Good on him.

Yes, the Mexican league is probably an easier league for South Americans to settle in, I suppose.

Eduardo Vargas, plays in the Mexican league after having essentially failed in Europe. Vargas was absolutely amazing for Chile, scoring goals galore. But at the same time, he really struggled in Germany, England, Spain and Italy. But it seems like he has scored a decent amount of goals since he joined Tigres in the Mexican league.

Vargas has always been one of those players who has looked world class for the national team, yet has struggled at club level, well at least in the big leagues of Europe.

I saw Caracas vs Boca.

Boca's 2nd string team played well but you can see why it was their second string. Really struggled to put away their chances. Caracas really only had one clear shot at goal and it was the free kick that went in, though that's not to say they didn't have a go. Some quite dangerous attacks.

Archived