• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores 2020

football forum

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Boca defends very well. That's their style.

Santos has the ball but can't really create anything.

Miguel Angel Russo for you. I think he got extremely lucky to go back to Boca after failing in Peru and Paraguay, but his style is a defensive and a cagey game.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Penalty Santos!

EDIT: Maybe not. Thought ref gave a penalty, but it was actually a goal-kick. VAR agreed with goal-kick.

That was an odd one, commentators weren't even sure about it, but I figured it wasn't as I didn't hear a whistle.

Thought it was a tough one to call though, I'm leaning towards saying it was a missed penalty though.

I should have seen such a dull match coming to be honest. Yet I didn't. Russo is such a pragmatic manager, as is Cuca who used the modern Brazilian philosophy. 

Wouldn't surprise me if this goes to penalties next week. Whether it's a narrow win or a 0-0.

• Administrator

A much more attritional game compared to yesterday. Today seemed much more of a tactical game. Both very disciplined and organised and it was more likely to be decided on who would make a mistake (potentially the penalty). 

Just now, El Profesor said:

River is never to be doubted. 

Amazing how strong they are under Gallardo.

Yup, never rule out River no matter the circumstance.

The 8-0 over Wilstermann and 3-0 over Cruzeiro should be enough proof.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

That was like a minute or 2 before the goal even happened. Fuck that, let's strip Argentina of their 1986 title while we're at it.

I mean, it's the rules. The referees have to enforce it. But I agree that perhaps there should be a time-limit to VAR intervention.

Just now, El Profesor said:

I mean, it's the rules. The referees have to enforce it. But I agree that perhaps there should be a time-limit to VAR intervention.

There should.

Borre was offside, there's no doubt about that. However he had almost no impact on the goal being scored, and it was 7-10 seconds backwards (my 1 minute was a hyperbole). 

Archived