talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa Libertadores 2020

football forum

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I mean, you get the calls right with VAR, but it definitely breaks the natural rythm of a match.

Yes, my #1 reason for hating it.

The penalty was wrongly given so I'll give it that for overturning it. I still have problems with Borre's offside. Had no relevance to the play and if it happened before VAR was a thing, nobody would have spotted or complained about it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

That was a terrible match by Palmeiras. Got really lucky. River completely dominated the match and deserved to advance.

It was a classic example of Brazilian philosophy, but in fairness when River get going nobody in South America can stop them.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Mpache said:

How can people continue defending VAR when we see decisions like that being made week after week.

Because there's still decisions week after week where it gets things right :what:

River were robbed of that third goal last night but I hope  Palmeiras go on to win it now.

It'll be interesting to find out who their opponent will be. Santos are an improved side lately but, just like River Plate, you can never rule out Boca. 

River were nearly in their 4th final in 5 years had they been able to go on and progress last night. That's impressive considering the problems they endured a few years before that when they suffered relegation to the Argentine second division.

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

River were robbed of that third goal last night but I hope  Palmeiras go on to win it now.

It'll be interesting to find out who their opponent will be. Santos are an improved side lately but, just like River Plate, you can never rule out Boca. 

River were nearly in their 4th final in 5 years had they been able to go on and progress last night. That's impressive considering the problems they endured a few years before that when they suffered relegation to the Argentine second division.

That 3rd goal that was ruled out was a bloody disgrace. I didn't think VAR was wrong on the 2 penalty decisions but the first goal sums up why I despise it. Borre was offside, but it had no relevance to the goal. It's telling that nobody knew it was offside until they showed a very specific replay of something that wasn't even related to the build up.

Anyways, I've calmed down a bit now and am willing to watch Boca vs Santos tonight. I wasn't planning on it after yesterday but I reckon it'll be a much better game than the one we got last week.

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is it me or does Santos' coach look a bit like a relation of Marcelo Bielsa? 

Kind of, he's already won this tournament once with Atletico Mineiro, so he's got some expertience here. So has Miguel Angel Russo to be fair.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Kind of, he's already won this tournament once with Atletico Mineiro, so he's got some expertience here. So has Miguel Angel Russo to be fair.

I meant looks as in physically...

Archived