Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Copa Libertadores 2020

4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Love him, he would've been in Europe by now if he had better decision making 

I think his height is what it keeps him from being taken seriously by european scouts. But yes, Soteldo is such a good player. 

• Upvote 1

Santos' defending is ridiculous. Not luck, either. Putting bodies on the line. They want this so much more than Boca. Love it. 

Santos are the far better side tonight, lovely goal by Soteldo, but Marinho has also been a constant threat down the right(although should have made it 4-0 a minute ago) and the team have generally played well as a unit.

But for as well as Santos have played from an attacking perspective in this second half, they have also defended very well and are putting 100% effort in. Boca just aren't in this game at all(due to how well Santos are playing) and I could see Santos furthering their lead with a few more goals.

An all Brazilian final looks likely. I will personally be cheering for Palmeiras, as they are my favourite Brazilian side, although I don't see their chances being too high as Santos have more quality about them. Anything can occur in a focal though and they certainly have a chance.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Santos are the far better side tonight, lovely goal by Soteldo, but Marinho has also been a constant threat down the right(although should have made it 4-0 a minute ago) and the team have generally played well as a unit.

But for as well as Santos have played from an attacking perspective in this second half, they have also defended very well. Boca just aren't in this game at all and I could see Santos furthering their lead with a few more goals.

An all Brazilian final looks likely. I will personally be cheering for Palmeiras, as they are my favourite Brazilian side, although I don't see their chances being too high as Santos have more quality about them. Anything can occur in a focal though and they certainly have a chance.

I'm all for Palmeiras too. They've been a quite dominant force in Brazil since they came back up from Serie B, but they can't quite get that Libertadores title.

I do like Santos because of Kaio Jorge and Yeferson Soteldo but I think the narrative revolving Palmeiras is a bit better.

• Upvote 2

Santos strolled that in all honesty. 3-0 doesn't flatter them at all. Definitely deserve the win and progression to the Maracana! Look forward to the final. 

• Upvote 1

On 24/12/2020 at 12:53, Stan said:

All set up to be a Boca vs River final (again :D) and Boca to win in honour of Diego. How fitting would that be?!

Watched Boca vs Racing last night @El Profesor @Berserker. Expected more from Racing but Boca were totally dominant. Racing could barely string 3 passes together all game. Boca could have won by more than 2-0 if it wasn't for Racing's keeper. 

Villa on the left wing was good. Probably man of the match. Tevez influential too.

Boca is shit they stole the league from us but they've been shit from for more than 10 years.

27 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Is it the final next Saturday?

It has all the makings for an eventful final.

Yeah 8pm UK time I think.