talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont believe he is being linked with us is he? 

Is this because he said in an interview the other day that he watches us play all the time and that he always plays as Liverpool on FIFA?

Would be a lovely present from Nike if they part funded it when our new sponsorship with them starts mind :D

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't want him under any circumstances. 

May I ask why? The guy has an abundance of speed, works well with an attack system that afford interchanging of the positions of strikes and can score goals and assist them too. Is it the price?

31 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

May I ask why? The guy has an abundance of speed, works well with an attack system that afford interchanging of the positions of strikes and can score goals and assist them too. Is it the price?

It's what it would mean we've become as a club. Chasing the candy player that everyone wants. 😕

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Harry said:

It's what it would mean we've become as a club. Chasing the candy player that everyone wants. 😕

I suppose we've kind of already crossed that barrier with the VVD transfer? Could be wrong but I think he was sought after by City at the same time too?

Saying you wouldn't want him under any circumstances is a bit mad. 

It's not going to happen anyway but if he was coming in and not disrupting the harmony of the squad by earning no more than our highest paid and Klopp wanted it then why wouldn't you?

• Administrator

Don't get how you'd logically turn down a player like Mbappe. 

It's not like he's a flavour-of-the-month kind of guy who will go quiet for a few months. 

It would be an insane statement of intent if you, as Liverpool, got the player everyone wants. He's the kind of player you'd pay ridiculous money to get in to your squad if it meant you could win trophies regularly. It's a price worth paying.

Having said that, I don't think any club in the world (bar Real and Barca?) could afford him for what PSG may ask for. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't get how you'd logically turn down a player like Mbappe. 

It's not like he's a flavour-of-the-month kind of guy who will go quiet for a few months. 

It would be an insane statement of intent if you, as Liverpool, got the player everyone wants. He's the kind of player you'd pay ridiculous money to get in to your squad if it meant you could win trophies regularly. It's a price worth paying.

Having said that, I don't think any club in the world (bar Real and Barca?) could afford him for what PSG may ask for. 

If that price was reasonable I don't see why we'd turn him down. Has talent in abundance and he's shown it at the highest level too. Put a working midfield and an attack like ours at his disposable and he'd cause havoc against most defenses. But, as you said, realistically very few clubs can afford him and I don't even think Barca will go in for this one it will be Real. They've already tried to get Neymar back and that backfired and while they are desperate I don't think a striker is their real big concern right now.

Saying you wouldn't want Mbappe because he's is a player everyone else wants is the biggest load of nonsense ever. Honestly the bloke is a phenom and a potential multi Balon d'Or level player. Any club in the world would bite your hand off for him no matter the circumstance. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I suppose we've kind of already crossed that barrier with the VVD transfer? Could be wrong but I think he was sought after by City at the same time too?

I don't think so mate. We badly needed a CB and GK. They were big money signings but they were necessary ones. I don't have an issue with spending top dollar on World class signings.

Mbappe is the new Neymar... The talented young player and marketers dream wanted by every single club. He's a bigger than the club player.  There's only one club where he'd fit perfectly and it's not because of his style of play but because of his brand. He's a galactico. He'd be out of place at Liverpool.

• 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, as nice as it would be...  there isn't a chance in the world that Mbappe is signing for Liverpool xD

Nah. By next year Klopp would be gone, and the new manager (hopefully) would be someone who doesnt spend money like Shylock.

• The topic was locked

Archived