• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

I think now PSG need to be making at least the semis of the CL now. Obviously it depends on the draw i guess but they should be a top 4 threat to win this comp.

Mate they have to be winning it spending this amount of money and seriously weakening 2 of their rivals (Monaco severely so as other players have gone too). 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mate they have to be winning it spending this amount of money and seriously weakening 2 of their rivals (Monaco severely so as other players have gone too). 

Maybe so but teams like Real and Bayern will be big teams to beat. I guess it depends how good Mbappe can be at PSG..would think him and Neymar could be a great duo.

On 01/09/2017 at 4:44 AM, Mel81x said:

Taking a step back to look at all of this its really a nobrainer for Qatar they literally have nothing to lose in this. Surely someone must have advised PSG that this would look bad for the books and FFP but they still went ahead and did it. Why? In the end UEFA will be the ones who have to step in and sort this mess out and I get the feeling that this won't end in the favor of the sport.

All they've got to do is sell their shittest player to some Qatari club we've never heard of for $700m in a couple years and they are back to break even.

3 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

Maybe so but teams like Real and Bayern will be big teams to beat. I guess it depends how good Mbappe can be at PSG..would think him and Neymar could be a great duo.

I'd find it really satisfying to see them beaten by a resolute defensive unit like Atleco or Juve.

• 2 months later...
On 27/11/2017 at 6:05 PM, RandoEFC said:

Hang on, if this was a loan how come he was able to play against Monaco yesterday?

$$$$$$$ I imagine...

Only PL I believe.

Barcelona loanees play vs Barca all the time for example.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Kylian Mbappé puts an early end to any speculation regarding possible rumours that could've kept on cropping up during the summer transfer window with this straight forward quote yesterday;

"I am at the start of my footballing career and very young. I can guarantee that I will be at Paris Saint-Germain 100% next season"

33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So Kylian Mbappé puts an early end to any speculation regarding possible rumours that could've kept on cropping up during the summer transfer window with this straight forward quote yesterday;

"I am at the start of my footballing career and very young. I can guarantee that I will be at Paris Saint-Germain 100% next season"

stay in PSG for one more season and then go out.    The French league ain't the platform for him.    

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

875483681_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.4cb8c2c9bd0e9cc94eb5ad055b5f237b.png

Kylian Mbappe: France forward will '200%' be at Paris St-Germain next season, says president

France forward Kylian Mbappe will "200%" still be at Paris St-Germain next season, says the club's president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

Mbappe, 20, has been linked with a move away from the Parc des Princes this summer, just a year after his permanent move from Monaco.

"I will not let go of this 'crazy' player," Al-Khelaifi said.

He also said "nobody forced" Brazil forward Neymar to sign for PSG amid rumours he is unhappy at the club.

In an interview with  France Football, the PSG president said: "I want players proud to wear our jersey, not players who do the job when it suits them."

World Cup winner Mbappe scored 39 goals in 43 appearances in all competitions for PSG last season, having played for them the previous season on loan from Ligue 1 rivals Monaco.

He recently said he felt he was at a "turning point" in his career and it was time "to take on more responsibility", and has been linked with moves to Liverpool and Real Madrid.

"He wants to be more involved in our project to grow with the team, the club. But I explained to him that the responsibilities, it does not ask," Al-Khelaifi said.

"We must go get them, sometimes even tear them away. We do not wait, we provoke.

"As he is very intelligent, I am sure he understood. Will he still be at PSG next year? I am not 100% sure but 200%."

'He came knowingly' - Al-Khelaifi on Neymar

Neymar's contract in the French capital expires in 2022 but he found himself frequently in hot water last season.

In May, French football authorities banned Neymar for three matches after he lashed out at a fan following defeat by Rennes in the Coupe de France final. He was also reportedly involved in a dressing room incident with his team-mates after a loss to Montpellier.

In May, the 27-year-old was stripped of the Brazil captaincy for the Copa America, just eight months after being handed the armband.

"Those who do not want, or do not understand, we see each other and we talk to each other," Al-Khelaifi said.

"There are of course contracts to be respected, but the priority now is total membership of our project.

"Nobody forced him to sign here. Nobody pushed him. He came knowingly to join a project."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48669475

• 1 month later...

So, Kylian Mbappé has apparently been offered €50m a year after tax (the club will pay his duty as a French citizen, hope he remembers where he comes from and the importance of public services), but he has refused to sign while the club yesterday announced that they had come to an agreement.

The rumours are he will end up signing but the rumours also state that he has asked to leave which won’t happen and this is why he will sign.

Real Madrid are putting pressure on in the background and he is apparently dying to sign for the Madrid based club. But it doesn’t look like it’ll be this year. 

I like the young lad.. from the things I read about him and some of the stuff he has said I think he fairly well grounded individual... I don't think staying at PSG is probably good for him in the long run so can see him moving on at some point and can't blame him for wanting to have realistic ambitions to join a top club elsewhere to further his career.. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He said recently he is very happy in France but I am still seeing him rumored with Liverpool and real Madrid also.

What's the likelihood that he will make a move? I would love to see him in the prem I doubt he will be making a move unless it is big big money.

Thoughts?

• Subscriber

Welcome to TF365 @DCFC_ryan, we already have a thread on this guy and you can read the discussions in there The Kylian Mbappe discussion  by one of our Mods, @Harvsky

Again welcome aboard and keep posting and it's nice to have a Rams supporter in here, you should pop into the Introductions thread and tell us a little bit about yourself, anyway we are a jolly bunch of girls & guys in here so enjoy yourself. :ay:

• The title was changed to Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021
  • The topic was locked

Archived