talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021

May as well have a thread for this guy as the rumours are going to be never ending.

Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Monaco's 18-year-old forward Kylian Mbappe and midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, 22, after their goals helped eliminate Manchester City from the Champions League. (Espnfc.co.uk)

Arsenal sent scout Gilles Grimandi to watch Monaco's Mbappe and 22-year-old left-back Benjamin Mendy. (Metro) 

However both English sides will face competition from Barcelona if they decide to move for Mbappe. (Sport)

Touted as the new Thierry Henry, but what does Graham Carr think?:ph34r:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

he'll win the Ballon d'Or (or whatever it is now) one day. 

He'll score some absolutely filth goals but I just hope he makes the right moves in his career. Can see him at Chelsea or Barca one day. 

It's the usual story of an amazing player going to a huge club to early and not getting the playtime and regressing. Unless one of these giant clubs sign him and instantaneously loan him out, but even then that doesn't always work well.

I could see Arsenal being the perfect club for Mbappe to join should he move away from Monaco. With the possibility of Wenger leaving in the summer, top players such as Ozil and Sanchez uneasy and a new era beginning it would be the perfect chance to shine. Holding onto such a prospect is something Arsenal shouldn't take too lightly and Wenger turned down the likes of Zlatan, Drogba, Kante and even Cristiano Ronaldo in the past when they were relatively cheaper and could've brought years of trophies and maybe even dominance. Play is essential for his development and as much as Ligue 1 is good enough for Mbappe to really develop and explode onto the scene a move to the Premier League would be a great choice.

4 minutes ago, Cure said:

I could see Arsenal being the perfect club for Mbappe to join should he move away from Monaco. With the possibility of Wenger leaving in the summer, top players such as Ozil and Sanchez uneasy and a new era beginning it would be the perfect chance to shine. Holding onto such a prospect is something Arsenal shouldn't take too lightly and Wenger turned down the likes of Zlatan, Drogba, Kante and even Cristiano Ronaldo in the past when they were relatively cheaper and could've brought years of trophies and maybe even dominance. Play is essential for his development and as much as Ligue 1 is good enough for Mbappe to really develop and explode onto the scene a move to the Premier League would be a great choice.

I feel like that would be a good move for him if he had to leave for a "bigger" club, but at the same time what is he going to get out of Arsenal that he wouldn't at monaco?

2 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

If I was in his shoes and had to choose Monaco or Arsenal, I'd definitely be choosing Monaco. 

With the state Arsenal are in at the moment definetely. But in the long-term should Wenger leave Mbappe could become the centrepiece in a very strong side in arguably the biggest league in the world.

• Administrator
Just now, Cure said:

With the state Arsenal are in at the moment definetely. But in the long-term should Wenger leave Mbappe could become the centrepiece in a very strong side in arguably the biggest league in the world.

why would Mbappe take that risk? There's no idea who might come in instead of Wenger if he does go and there's no guarantee they'll become a 'strong side'. 

If I couldn't stay at Monaco for whatever reason (who are becoming a very strong side anyway with the prospects and talent they have coming through), I'd be looking to move to top Spanish or German sides - Real, Barca, Atletico, Dortmund, Bayern. Arsenal really wouldn't be that appealling even though there's the possibility (small one) that they could become decent again. 

Just now, StanLCFC said:

why would Mbappe take that risk? There's no idea who might come in instead of Wenger if he does go and there's no guarantee they'll become a 'strong side'. 

If I couldn't stay at Monaco for whatever reason (who are becoming a very strong side anyway with the prospects and talent they have coming through), I'd be looking to move to top Spanish or German sides - Real, Barca, Atletico, Dortmund, Bayern. Arsenal really wouldn't be that appealling even though there's the possibility (small one) that they could become decent again. 

If I were him I'd stay away from Bayern, Real, and Barca. Those teams are so setup he may not get much playing time. If he were to go to Spain it'd need to be like Sevilla or Atletico, if Germany he'd be a fantastic fit at Dortmund (plus Dortmund is great when grooming young talent).

• Administrator
Just now, Dickie said:

If I were him I'd stay away from Bayern, Real, and Barca. Those teams are so setup he may not get much playing time. If he were to go to Spain it'd need to be like Sevilla or Atletico, if Germany he'd be a fantastic fit at Dortmund (plus Dortmund is great when grooming young talent).

yeah I don't even mean right now. I actually hope he stays at Monaco for at least a few seasons because they're a club on the up and if he continues at the same rate, his stock and value will only go up and up. 

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

yeah I don't even mean right now. I actually hope he stays at Monaco for at least a few seasons because they're a club on the up and if he continues at the same rate, his stock and value will only go up and up. 

This exactly, I think I said it just before but he shouldn't leave until at least 21. Plus Monaco still has the money to bankroll the kid$$$

6 minutes ago, Dickie said:

What's the point of leaving Monaco for a team like Sevilla or Dortmund (no disrespect)? Monaco are in pretty good shape at the moment and they are a very strong team. It'd just be a sideways step for him at the moment and they wouldn't be able to afford him anyway.

I think he needs to spend at least another season at Monaco, no need to rush into a move when he is playing consistently for a top European team. If he carries on the way he going he will definitely end up at a Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern. I can actually see him going to Madrid, they will probably be looking for a Benzema replacement sooner rather than later.

29 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

What's the point of leaving Monaco for a team like Sevilla or Dortmund (no disrespect)? Monaco are in pretty good shape at the moment and they are a very strong team. It'd just be a sideways step for him at the moment and they wouldn't be able to afford him anyway.

I think he needs to spend at least another season at Monaco, no need to rush into a move when he is playing consistently for a top European team. If he carries on the way he going he will definitely end up at a Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern. I can actually see him going to Madrid, they will probably be looking for a Benzema replacement sooner rather than later.

I don't see a point in all honesty, unless you bring up an argument like there is more competition in the league and admittedly there is. I brought up Dortmund specifically because they are good at bring up young talent. However like I said before there is no reason to really leave for another couple seasons.

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I don't see a point in all honesty, unless you bring up an argument like there is more competition in the league and admittedly there is. I brought up Dortmund specifically because they are good at bring up young talent. However like I said before there is no reason to really leave for another couple seasons.

Fair enough mate, I see where you're coming from now. :ay:

• 1 month later...

He's an amazing talent and will go really far. And he won't just score a lot of goals, but he'll score a lot of spectacular, filthy ones too. 

And the fact that he's only 18 means he'll still be very young by the time Messi and Ronaldo's era is at an end, so I can definitely see him as a future Ballon D'Or winner.

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Heard that football scouts were all over him at the weekend as he winked at a young girl in a nightclub. They'll be after his spunk in the hope that he produced Mbappe 2.0 triplets.

Can't get 'em pregnant if you just fingerblast 'em behind the Nando's dumpster.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as a long term successor to Benzema at Real. You'd think it's getting to the point where Real might be tempted to cash in and go for a younger model now.

Zidane will be all over it surely given the French connection.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as a long term successor to Benzema at Real. You'd think it's getting to the point where Real might be tempted to cash in and go for a younger model now.

Zidane will be all over it surely given the French connection.

I do have a feeling, Real would likely be one of the few clubs prepared to pay the crazy money for him. He does need another season under his belt though to really justify the fee. 

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

KYLIAN MBAPPÉ

00-mbappe.jpg

Full Name: Kylian Sanmi Mbappé Lottin

DOB: 20 December 1998 (age 18)

POB: Bondy, France

Height: 5'10

Position: Forward

Kylian Sanmi Mbappé Lottin is a French professional footballer who plays as a striker for Monaco and the France national team. Mbappé began his career at AS Bondy, coached by his father Wilfried. Eventually he moved to the famous Clairefontaine academy, putting on a host of impressive performances leading to numerous French clubs, as well as Spanish clubs Real Madrid and Valencia, attempting to sign him. Mbappé also travelled to English club Chelsea for a trial when he was 11 and even played a match for their youth team against Charlton. Mbappé ultimately settled on AS Monaco.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Arsenal, City, and Real Madrid? 

According to various sources Monaco's complaint relates to City and PSG. Others may have been implicated too, details haven't been confirmed yet.

• The title was changed to Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021
  • The topic was locked

Archived