talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021

Monaco have accused some of Europe's top clubs of making illegal approaches for teenage striker Kylian Mbappe.

The Ligue 1 club said in a statement that "important European clubs" have made contact with the 18-year-old France forward without permission.

Monaco may ask world governing body Fifa and the French league to consider disciplinary action.

BBC Sport understands Manchester City are the only English club accused. They have refused to comment officially.

A City source, however, told BBC Sport the two clubs developed a positive relationship over their two Champions League meetings last season.

It is understood negotiations over the sale of Bernardo Silva to City for £43m earlier in the summer were positive, and the ongoing dialogue over £50m-rated full-back Benjamin Mendy has also been cordial.

The source added they did not believe City had conducted themselves in such a way that would breach the trust that exists between the two clubs.

Arsenal have also been strongly linked with Mbappe, and Monaco reportedly rejected an £87m bid for the France international in June.

Mbappe scored 26 goals in 44 appearances for Monaco last season as they won Ligue 1 for the first time in 17 years and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Monaco claim clubs have breached regulations of both Fifa and the Ligue de Football Professionnel.

Fifa rules state: "A club intending to conclude a contract with a professional must inform the player's current club in writing before entering into negotiations with him."

BBC Sport contacted Fifa but it is yet to provide a response.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40673053

Transfer bans for every club in the Champions League would sort this out :ph34r:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Real Madrid are involved in this and Arsene Wenger himself said he spoke to Kylian Mbappé at his house although he didn't say it was about trying to convince him to go to Arsenal. Maybe he went there for a cup of tea.

What I'm surprised at is that this is news now. It's been happening forever and will continue to occur. Anyone that thinks that a club goes first through the owning club before finding out if the player would be willing to join is extremely innocent. Negotiations cost a lot of time, resources and above all else money... Yes, a negotiation costs money before a transfer fee is even paid.

What happens is that clubs don't tend to complain to the authorities because they make enemies of massive clubs and that is like burning your bridges and all that goes with it. But in the age of massive transfer fees I think we're going to start to see more owning clubs of players that generate massive interest making formal complaints. 

Couldn't even express any surprise at this. 100M+ fees will be common in the next windows.

Obviously a great signing if true. Mbappe is the only player in Europe who I think could come close to match what Messi and Ronaldo have done in terms of goal scoring in the last 6/7 seasons. If things click with him, Real will have a tremendous side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2017 at 9:32 PM, SirBalon said:

From what I understand Monaco have agreed the deal.  The one who hasn't as of yet is Mbappé himself.

It's depressing that this should be the norm, and yet it's surprising these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2017 at 7:04 PM, RandoEFC said:

PSG taking the Bayern approach then and buying half the players of their rivals whenever someone can threaten them. They're also interested in Fabinho from Monaco apparently.

Fabinho makes a lot of sense for them. They need one more midfielder, Motta is not the player he was, Fabinho would reallt strenghten their starting XI and their squad. 

Reports coming out from France are saying that Monaco accepted a PSG bid for Mbappé: 155m plus a player (Guedes, Lucas or Draxler).

How does this work? What if PSG opts out of the option next season? Obviously PSG did the transfer/transaction this way to circumvent FFP laws but those laws are a joke to begin with.

AS Monaco would be wise to get as much as they can from the loan now. PSG have to pay a hefty loan fee, I believe.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/27/paris-saint-germain-agree-deal-kylian-mbappe-monaco

Fabinho's coming to PSG too. A great talent. PSG to dominate Ligue 1.

Draxler would have been an intriguing signing for Barca.

1 hour ago, Savvy Xavi said:

How does this work? What if PSG opts out of the option next season? Obviously PSG did the transfer/transaction this way to circumvent FFP laws but those laws are a joke to begin with.

AS Monaco would be wise to get as much as they can from the loan now. PSG have to pay a hefty loan fee, I believe.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/27/paris-saint-germain-agree-deal-kylian-mbappe-monaco

I have no idea, but I´d guess there is some kind of fine that in the end forces PSG to buy. 

That deal is just terrible for Ligue 1. It´s a joke. It´s definitely a circumvention of the FFP, but I don´t believe PSG will be punished for it. They have a top notch legal team and they probably know they will get away with it.

1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

I have no idea, but I´d guess there is some kind of fine that in the end forces PSG to buy. 

That deal is just terrible for Ligue 1. It´s a joke. It´s definitely a circumvention of the FFP, but I don´t believe PSG will be punished for it. They have a top notch legal team and they probably know they will get away with it.

Nope, you're right, PSG won't get punished for it. They're practically backed by the city-state of Qatar as it is. (must be nice to have the backing of a national wealth fund). 

Khelaifi/BeINsports networks/Al Jazeera/Qatar......oh what a not-so-tangled web we weave! Just follow the money. Don't think anyone wants to take on Qatar!

Time for City to step their game up! (Guardiola's bunch, I mean, not Leicester, lol.) They're funded/bankrolled by Abu Dhabi. Knowing the Arabs as I do (ARABS! LOL!), the UAE and Qatar would LOVE to outdo each other. Oneupmanship's the name of the game among the elite in the Arab world.

Bemusing/entertaining all of us in the process!!

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Savvy Xavi said:

if it's just a normal option to buy clause, and if PSG don't take up on it, then Mbappe will just go back to Monaco and/or he'll be free to stay there or leave to wherever he wishes. It sounds like PSG may have first refusal on him so if another club comes in for him or tries to buy him, PSG also have that option to buy and then it'll be up to the player to decide. 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Stan said:

if it's just a normal option to buy clause, and if PSG don't take up on it, then Mbappe will just go back to Monaco and/or he'll be free to stay there or leave to wherever he wishes. It sounds like PSG may have first refusal on him so if another club comes in for him or tries to buy him, PSG also have that option to buy and then it'll be up to the player to decide. 

It really is fait accompli with Mbappe, the loan is protection mechanism for all three parties especially for PSG who are merely spreading the financial burden into 2022. 

• The title was changed to Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021
  • The topic was locked

Archived