talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/28/2017 at 10:09 PM, True Blue said:

How many fun ways are there to avoid FFP?

the penalty is just so minuscule for a rich club such as PSG.    i've read it again and again the penalties - it would only constitute in a Fine ( which PSG can easily afford ), a deduction of squad ( which PSG won't care since the french league is so weak ) and lastly the most severe is expulsion from the UCL ( this has never happened before )

IF PSG escapes with only a fine, then other rich clubs will follow suit ..........

31 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

the penalty is just so minuscule for a rich club such as PSG.    i've read it again and again the penalties - it would only constitute in a Fine ( which PSG can easily afford ), a deduction of squad ( which PSG won't care since the french league is so weak ) and lastly the most severe is expulsion from the UCL ( this has never happened before )

IF PSG escapes with only a fine, then other rich clubs will follow suit ..........

They've been done for breaking FFP rules before.  If they're found breaking them again they will be severely punished as a UEFA spokesman said the other day.

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They've been done for breaking FFP rules before.  If they're found breaking them again they will be severely punished as a UEFA spokesman said the other day.

oh good.    i'm no accountant, but with the spending on Neymar alone, i'm sure their spending-to-revenue will never be balanced out.    But i'm sure PSG has very shrewd lawyers and accountants that could weave themselves out of this FFP Rule.    But i still hope that they'll be excluded in the UCL sometime soon.

Just now, bozziovai said:

oh good.    i'm no accountant, but with the spending on Neymar alone, i'm sure their spending-to-revenue will never be balanced out.    But i'm sure PSG has very shrewd lawyers and accountants that could weave themselves out of this FFP Rule.    But i still hope that they'll be excluded in the UCL sometime soon.

Well they have to sell players...  In theory without signing anyone else (Mbappé so as to beat FFP has gone on loan) and with certain sales they could just about make it.  But for sure it looks very dodgy for them...

There's another aspect on why there have been voices coming from UEFA, and that is because if it's proved that QSI paid for Neymar's release clause, then that's apparently even more punishable than going €30m over your balance which is the basic FFP rule.

At the end of this season will be when it's known as the accounts don't have to be released until then and then they have a further two seasons to backtrack (that means not just balance the books from then on), balance that season out and then balance out the further two.  That's a nightmare because it means you can't buy and you HAVE to sell big time meaning big names.

There's the theory that the Arabs don't care and that they hope to win the Champions League in that time and then take the punishment.

Just now, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Are we not saying that's what PSG is doing?

No mate...  I think you're referring to the Mbappé loan deal which is an attempt by PSG to beat FFP.

If that's the case, then they won't get around it that way although they just couldn't spend anymore money because in that case (the amount it would've cost on top of what was spent on Neymar) they may have had UEFA calling in already which would've been unprecedented.

By law UEFA have to wait until the finances are done by every member club at the end of the present campaign (this summer's transfer window belongs to the present campaign 2017-2018).  Nothing much can be done by PSG though unless they sell big time in what's remaining of this window and the winter window in January.

The Mbappé loan deal is negligible and won't really affect anything.  It has been a precaution so as to not get the authorities butting in straight away as I said previously.  They WANT to win this new coming edition of the Champions League.  The whole setup is for that which is as ridiculous as Neymar going to PSG to win the Ballon d'Or based on winning the Champions League as he won't win it on whatever he does in Ligue1.  Many things can happen in football and you can get knocked out in the most absurd of manners.

Everyone must remember one important detail...  The Neymar deal wasn't for €222m.  PSG had to pay tax on that at almost 50% and in the financial review it also includes Neymar's loyalty fees and wages which are tremendous.  The whole Neymar deal has apparently cost almost €500m.  PSG are fucked quite frankly.

• The title was changed to Kylian Mbappé Discussion - Signed for PSG On Loan
19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

No mate...  I think you're referring to the Mbappé loan deal which is an attempt by PSG to beat FFP.

If that's the case, then they won't get around it that way although they just couldn't spend anymore money because in that case (the amount it would've cost on top of what was spent on Neymar) they may have had UEFA calling in already which would've been unprecedented.

By law UEFA have to wait until the finances are done by every member club at the end of the present campaign (this summer's transfer window belongs to the present campaign 2017-2018).  Nothing much can be done by PSG though unless they sell big time in what's remaining of this window and the winter window in January.

The Mbappé loan deal is negligible and won't really affect anything.  It has been a precaution so as to not get the authorities butting in straight away as I said previously.  They WANT to win this new coming edition of the Champions League.  The whole setup is for that which is as ridiculous as Neymar going to PSG to win the Ballon d'Or based on winning the Champions League as he won't win it on whatever he does in Ligue1.  Many things can happen in football and you can get knocked out in the most absurd of manners.

Everyone must remember one important detail...  The Neymar deal wasn't for €222m.  PSG had to pay tax on that at almost 50% and in the financial review it also includes Neymar's loyalty fees and wages which are tremendous.  The whole Neymar deal has apparently cost almost €500m.  PSG are fucked quite frankly.

this might be a bit off topic but after lived in the mid-east since 2009, i could say something about Qatar that they are the mid-east spoiled brats.      I'm sure most of you here have heard about that boycott of the GCC against Qatar for their links with Isis.    Well, that's becoz those stupid Royalties from Qatar decided to go on a falcon hunt near the boarders of Iraq and the fackers got kidnapped by the ISIS and those damn terrorist demanded 1 billion dollars for the release and those bastard Qataris paid the ransom.   the isis is a billion dollars richer bcoz of the qataris.  

and also this upcoming 2022 to be held in qatar ..... c'mon, who in their right mind would vote for Qatar, first, it's in the heart of terrorism.   If terrorist can hit europe, there's no reason that they can't do havoc during the games.    second, Qatar is so small.  How can it accommodate the fans and there's nothing to see in Qatar.   and lastly, the World Cup is on june/july.   The climate in Qatar during those months are HELL, literal hell.  How will the players enjoy playing or the fans enjoy watching when they're out of breathe.

and lastly, this arrogance of the Qatari owner of PSG that he could get away with the FFP ....  arrogant arabs.

5 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

All big clubs act like scum. Football is a dirty business. PSG is a symptom, not the disease.

No mate, don't even go there. This is different... I'm 45 years old and seen a lot of football. People I associate with have seen more than me. This is totally different. You paint it how you like but this is different. 

2 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

i stand corrected .. 2022 Qatar is on November and December.    That's one more reason why they shouldn't have granted the WC in Qatar.   Nov/Dec is mid-season for club football ... how could that be .....

They shouldn't have been granted the World Cup for more reasons than that... Corruption, back handers and associated to terrorist organisations just to start a long list. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No mate, don't even go there. This is different... I'm 45 years old and seen a lot of football. People I associate with have seen more than me. This is totally different. You paint it how you like but this is different. 

Why do you consider it different? Football has been to further many political and economic causes, from fascism to narcotraffic. 

I actually believe in the long-term investing in PSG makes economic sense to the qataris. The oil will eventually end and they need different assets and investments. Sports industry is growing and there still a lot to grow. Paris is a major media and tourism destination, if they want to diversify their portfolio that club makes sense. 

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

Why do you consider it different? Football has been to further many political and economic causes, from fascism to narcotraffic. 

I actually believe in the long-term investing in PSG makes economic sense to the qataris. The oil will eventually end and they need different assets and investments. Sports industry is growing and there still a lot to grow. Paris is a major media and tourist destination, if they want to diversify their portfolio that club makes sense. 

Because it's as bad as narcotraffic. It's a state shrouded in terrorist back handing from the state and all sorts of corruption from top to bottom. No point in comparing other clubs because none are on that level.

I know in Latin America there's been all sorts and one can become numb to these things. But this is total perversion of the sport. I hope they get done royally. 

• Subscriber

Taking a step back to look at all of this its really a nobrainer for Qatar they literally have nothing to lose in this. Surely someone must have advised PSG that this would look bad for the books and FFP but they still went ahead and did it. Why? In the end UEFA will be the ones who have to step in and sort this mess out and I get the feeling that this won't end in the favor of the sport.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Because it's as bad as narcotraffic. It's a state shrouded in terrorist back handing from the state and all sorts of corruption from top to bottom. No point in comparing other clubs because none are on that level.

I know in Latin America there's been all sorts and one can become numb to these things. But this is total perversion of the sport. I hope they get done royally. 

i had a long litany up back in the thread about terrorism linked to qatar ..

but yeah, i agree, total disrespect for the sport.   just bcoz they have the money they think that they can get away with anything.

best punishment would be PSG will be relegated to their 2nd division for two straight years without even chance of promotion.

This is just nuts. If nothing else, it'll be fascinating to see how Paris Saint Germain does in the Champions League against the big guys with the team they've assembled. They're literally going all out to win the Champions League this season.

Khelaifi's like: "OK, this is now the 7th year since we at Qatar bought Paris. Time to reap dividends/returns on our investment. We want to better what Abramovich did for Chelsea in his 9th year in charge."

(5 and 7 are lucky/good numbers in the Middle East. Used to live in the region)

• The title was changed to Mbappe - Set To Leave PSG After 2021
  • The topic was locked

Archived