talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Same is likely here. UK is currently in contain phase but could announce moving to delay phase tomorrow.

Delay phase means school closures, no large gatherings and working from home for those who can.

That'll be interesting from my perspective. I can do some work from home but not a huge amount. 

5 hours ago, Azeem said:

So Liverpool not winning the league is on the cards 

Worst case scenario is games behind closed doors. Which would be shit for players and fans if we were confirmed champions in an empty stadium but the season isn't getting cancelled.

I hopexD

• Upvote 1

I don't know what Italy did (or rather didn't do), but they have done a terrible job in the handling of this disease.

Most of our cases have been Italian tourists and Indians who have returned from Italy.

On a side note, the biggest issues are people who aren't self isolating themselves, either because they are heavily dependent on their jobs (understandable) or the because they are absolute idiots and don't care (unacceptable).

• Administrator

Was gonna come in here and say that humans are naturally selfish to some extent but, despite that, maybe people had the virus but just didn't know, weren't aware or weren't diagnosed with it? So didn't know to self-isolate? Bound to be some cases like that, no? Like they might have it but not to a serious, debilitating level so they'll just carry on as normal without knowing they've contracted it. And before you know it they've passed it on... 

23 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I don't know what Italy did (or rather didn't do), but they have done a terrible job in the handling of this disease.

Most of our cases have been Italian tourists and Indians who have returned from Italy.

On a side note, the biggest issues are people who aren't self isolating themselves, either because they are heavily dependent on their jobs (understandable) or the because they are absolute idiots and don't care (unacceptable).

Italy has the highest number of Chinese tourists in Europe they got unlucky and had a lot from wuhan visiting before it became international news, they were fucked weeks ago they just didn’t know it until now. 

• Upvote 3

Holi celebrations for tomorrow being cancelled in most places in the country.

On a lighter note, Indian festivals incorporating issues (silly or serious ones) as themes is one of the best things about them. We will be burning Holika tonight, and this one has captured the current issue in a rather silly but fun way.

• Subscriber

Utter insanity. Why are people so stupid? Authorities and governments across the world have been very clear that washing your hands is enough and it makes a bigger difference than hand sanitiser for this particular disease anyway.

At this point the thing that makes me anxious more than the disease itself is the panic-mongering surrounding it. Not that measures shouldn't be taken, but when there's reports on the news every day of people hogging toilet paper in other countries, it was only a matter of time before it started happening here. I suppose there's less logical combinations than cans of beans and tp but it's like journos are trying to bait people into panicking so they can crank up the coverage of this shit even more.

Apart from that I'm mainly worried about the older members of my family. I'd probably be fine if I got it but having a mother with a history of respiratory issues does not make me sleep well at night.

5 minutes ago, Panflute said:

At this point the thing that makes me anxious more than the disease itself is the panic-mongering surrounding it. Not that measures shouldn't be taken, but when there's reports on the news every day of people hogging toilet paper in other countries, it was only a matter of time before it started happening here. I suppose there's less logical combinations than cans of beans and tp but it's like journos are trying to bait people into panicking so they can crank up the coverage of this shit even more.

Apart from that I'm mainly worried about the older members of my family. I'd probably be fine if I got it but having a mother with a history of respiratory issues does not make me sleep well at night.

Isolation is the most effective method. If you have enough contact, you will get it no matter how hygienic your are take pre-emptive steps and minimizing outside time.