talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

22 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Yep. It´d be ironic if Bolsonaro, who admires and looks up to Trump, ends up being responsible for Trump contracting coronavirus.

By the way, during that meeting Bolsonaro said corona was a fantasy. 

Isn't that Jimmy Fallon? xD

• Haha 1

These next few days will be key. Time to see if Peru's containment efforts work. I might have to stay here a few weeks longer.

Going to monitor the situation of these 2 countries to make my decision. Also not really safe to be at an airport.

12 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

These next few days will be key. Time to see if Peru's containment efforts work. I might have to stay here a few weeks longer.

Going to monitor the situation of these 2 countries to make my decision. Also not really safe to be at an airport.

To be honest Peru should be safer as less people, and specially from compromised places will be going there compared to Canada, but Canada's health system must surely be better and they'll likely be stricter in their attempts of containing it.

Edited by Berserker

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

To be honest Peru should be safer as less people, and specially from compromised places will be going there compared to Canada, but Canada's health system must surely be better and they'll likely be stricter in their attempts of containing it.

That's why I'm conflicted. The health care system here in Peru is not prepared, so we are taking precautions to avoid the situation outright. We've suspended flights to Europe and Asia and I'm gonna guess the USA will be the next. Not only that but we only have 28 cases so things are being done as fast as possible. Canada is taking forever to ban shit, and as you said there are lots of Italians and Chinese people in the country while we haven't suspended flights yet.

Trudeau's wife just got it. You'd think that would be a wake up call but all he's done is self-isolate himself. Anyways, I think we should close the border with Brazil as @El Profesor said. The thing is going to blow up there.

Edited by Inti Brian

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wales vs. Scotland to go ahead tomorrow, with the WRU mentioning that they have 'enhanced facilities for hand washing and sanitisation at the stadium'. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wru-break-silence-defend-decision-17916759

And now cancelled, saying that 'given the fluid and unprecedented nature of this issue a postponement became the only viable option'. 

Basically, they're saying that they're fucking useless as they had no intention of cancelling until many others did. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

To add to that, noises from the World Health Organisation are suggesting it would take years to get herd immunity without dicking your own health care system and having the maximum number of deaths as a result.

UK is effectively acting as the control group in this experiment. 

To add to it, we have no vaccine.

Obviously mortality rates would differ globally compared to locally for different reasons but the current global mortality rate is 3.4%. 3.4% of 39,600,000 people is 1,346,400. Obviously there is no validity to that number, but it does make you wonder how many vulnerable people the govt would sacrifice for the economy

Just now, Stan said:

Wonder what it'd be like if Trump got it after both of their comments...

giphy.gif

He's in the right age range to be killed by it too. 

If there's any positive to take from this pandemic, it's that it will literally save politics.

17 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

He's in the right age range to be killed by it too. 

If there's any positive to take from this pandemic, it's that it will literally save politics.

I think a main factor, rather than just killing a lot of boomers, is the fact that it will illustrate to people of all ages that there are many situations in life where acting selfishly will backfire, and that we need the capacity to enact strong collective measures for the public good. 

• Upvote 1