talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Spanish government has a lot to answer for  after allowing the March 8th demonstrations to go ahead last weekend, despite the warnings from EU authorities. 

This video here is a satirical opinion of the Spanish government. Somehow more relevant than ever!

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Kinell it will be like having a cold. There aren't half some daiseys in this world. Love blowing things all out of proportion. 

Such an ignorant cunty comment this. It's not all about just having a cold and how it affects you. It's who you may be prone to passing it on to - the ones who are less likely to fight off a cold or this virus as easily as you. 

I swear some people's attitude to others and total lack of awareness never ceases to amaze me. 

41 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hope I get it soon. By the time summer comes I'll be immune so can spend all my time in an empty pub. 

Kinell it will be like having a cold. There aren't half some daiseys in this world. Love blowing things all out of proportion. 

wryy6wot9om41.jpg

Bosnia went over 21, people panic shopping supplies. The streets are empty, and people are in genuine fear. People that come to Bosnia from the heavily affected countries must be isolated for 14 days which i doubt happens. The government thinks about closing our boarders for the next 2-3 weeks.

Yea some big measures over here as well. Everything is either closed or closes earlier. Barely any people outside. I suspect cases will increase for a few while but to no more than 1000 cases and then stagnate (if I had to guess).

Edited by Machado

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Yea some big measures over here as well. Everything is either closed or closes earlier. Barely any people outside. I suspect cases will increase for a few while but to no more than 1000 cases and then stagnate (if I had to guess).

That's better than the rest of the EU countries to be fair. Portugal seems to be doing an alright job. Spain, Italy and France have made a mess of it. I predict the UK will follow hence my message earlier wishing everyone safety.

In other news

Peru's government has received praise from abroad but critiques from inside. They are saying that the government is taking good measures to try and stop the coronavirus but with no attempts to stop the current Dengue outbreak that is ongoing.

Currently 5500 cases of Dengue in the Amazon regions and 38 cases of Coronavirus. I suspect the efforts focused on the Coronavirus is because he also wants to help stop a global pandemic and not just the domestic issue and also because this is a new virus and we don't know much about it. Dengue isn't a new fever. It's dangerous, but it's not new. This pandemic has more unpredictability to it. 

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

That's better than the rest of the EU countries to be fair. Portugal seems to be doing an alright job. Spain, Italy and France have made a mess of it. I predict the UK will follow hence my message earlier wishing everyone safety.

I don't think we've done anything out of the ordinary. We're doing the same as Spain and Italy except we're in an earlier stage so hopefully it doesn't get as bad as they have it.

As of midnight tonight we have followed our glorious neighbours (NZ) in implementing mandatory self isolation of 14 days for ANYONE who comes into Australia. How to police this though? A lady in Perth got tested and while waiting for results went to the theatre so... it may help but can you expect any tourists or any Aussie (we are generally a “she will be alright/dumb” people) to self quarantine? I don’t. 

Schools still open after our PM takes advice from Britain allegedly.

Our cases will grow crazily. We are not even in flu season and we are at 256 cases so far. I read a list of 9-10 flights that have come into Perth with a passenger who has coronavirus and messages to get checked if you were in certain aisles.

My dumb ass state have been letting in cruise ships still. 3000 passengers from around the world just got into port the other day. But the federal government have now banned cruise ships docking for 30 days I believe. It’s a start but hmmm

Edited by Toinho
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Harvsky said:

The behavioural science unit didn't expect unilateral and individual action in the country when consulting on the managed infection plan? 

Let's be honest, the government is having an absolute shocker. 

They did say that further restrictions will come in the coming weeks as the curve trends up and we try to manage a peak

21 hours ago, Harvsky said:

The biggest assumption of all is missing in the conclusions. 

The W.H.O have mentioned that we don't know yet if herd immunity is actually possible with this virus or if it will continuously morph to stay in circulation as some other strains of flu do. To them, it therefore makes most sense to contain until we understand better.

I saw some twitter doctor saying it was because they are mindful of the Spanish flu. I’m on phone but uploaded a pic (bottom of this post)  they’re worried about stop it to soon the second wave will be worse

20 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Even with the panic and hysteria, there are still far too many people not taking it seriously. If the Prime Minister's comments put a stop to that (and anecdotally it seems like they are) then it's unequivocally a good thing.

I don't agreed that their hand has been forced. It's a perfectly reasonable position to acknowledge events are being cancelled because people involved are testing positive, yet continue with the official policy that it's not necessary or mandatory under normal circumstances.

The did say banning and further restrictions were coming but it’s about timing, certain companies etc have forced their hands by doing it to early was my point. It is the uk governments plan to lock down but not yet as they want to manage infection in those less at risk. The vulnerable are being told to isolate

11 hours ago, Batard said:

Age range of the deaths? I've heard a newborn has coronavirus in the UK and it's unclear whether it was passed through the womb 

All deaths within age of concern +70 with existing health issues 

6 hours ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah those people in intensive care need to man up.

Has nobody seriously watched Pandemic on Netflix? It was done 18 months ago and talks the viewer through what will happen with a major flu outbreak. 

a lot of death comes from Smaller hospitals in more rural areas where doctors have to look after a few thousand population and they have limited resources. Should we see a peak priority will be given to larger urban centres with higher population meaning that preventable deaths will occur. Also you will have poorer survival rates in other ailments because of strain on resources. That’s what our nhs are trying to avoid. 

I was talking to a friend who is a paramedic down in Cornwall and he said that it’s already a mess, since Thursday all shifts have been responding to cunts with the common cold. 
these people ring 111 and the phone monkeys for 111 aren’t clinically trained so they ask basic questions on a crib sheet like “do you have chest pains?” These people with colds say “yeah I’m a bit chesty” and procedure dictates and ambulance must go to them. The paramedics have to go in full whites. He said people will die because we can’t get to those more needy because we’re tied up with nonsense. 

BDE041E4-40B3-492C-8892-46241EAE02E1.jpeg

Edited by Fairy In Boots

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

As of midnight tonight we have followed our glorious neighbours (NZ) in implementing mandatory self isolation of 14 days for ANYONE who comes into Australia. How to police this though? A lady in Perth got tested and while waiting for results went to the theatre so... it may help but can you expect any tourists or any Aussie (we are generally a “she will be alright/dumb” people) to self quarantine? I don’t. 

Schools still open after our PM takes advice from Britain allegedly.

A few European countries have put heavy fines on anyone breaking quarantine. That might lower some of the feckless behaviour.

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hope I get it soon. By the time summer comes I'll be immune so can spend all my time in an empty pub. 

I'm alright Jack

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

A few European countries have put heavy fines on anyone breaking quarantine. That might lower some of the feckless behaviour.

I was reading this morning that the  Government are looking at giving police powers to detain anyone they suspect of having the virus.. not sure how that's going to work in reality though, One has to a assume that it means having the ability to detain someone in quarantine once they have been confirmed as having the virus?? No doubt the way our Police work they will see it as an opportunity to jump out on random members of the public who cough on their way to work and taser them before leading them off in handcuffs... 

Edited by Bluewolf

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was reading this morning that the  Government are looking at giving police powers to detain anyone they suspect of having the virus.. not sure how that's going to work in reality though, One has to a assume that it means having the ability to detain someone in quarantine once they have been confirmed as having the virus?? No doubt the way our Police work they will see it as an opportunity to jump out on random members of the public who randomly cough on their way to work and taser them before leading them off in handcuffs... 

Will they catch then with fishing nets like the Chinese police did?

We are going to see a lot of changes next week as the governments Thursday plan has imploded. Serious doubts among government scientists and politicians internally and the scientific community externally have led to an enormous weight of pressure for the UK to catch up and join the actions of the rest of Europe.