talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

This is not surprising. The world must not forget China's part in this pandemic, especially now when it's attempting a nice propaganda to whitewash it's terrible conduct during the initial outbreak in its countries.

We all know what happened to the whistleblower doctors.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Italy's death toll is pretty terrifying.

According to the tweet bellow, in terms of air quality, Northern Italy is probably the worst place in Europe.

Also, I´ve tried to check if this makes sense and it does. 13 of the 50 most polluted cities in Europe are in Italy. https://www.iqair.com/world-most-polluted-cities?continent=59af92ac3e70001c1bd78e52&country=&state=&page=1&perPage=50&cities=

I´m not saying this is the main cause, but there must be something to do, at least. 

It could also be a factor in Iran. Tehran is surrounded by mountains, right?

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

According to the tweet bellow, in terms of air quality, Northern Italy is probably the worst place in Europe.

Also, I´ve tried to check if this makes sense and it does. 13 of the 50 most polluted cities in Europe are in Italy. https://www.iqair.com/world-most-polluted-cities?continent=59af92ac3e70001c1bd78e52&country=&state=&page=1&perPage=50&cities=

I´m not saying this is the main cause, but there must be something to do, at least. 

It makes sense as to why it might affect people so greatly because the underlying health conditions are probably already present. Lung/respiratory conditions are hardly helped when it comes to living in poor air quality.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This is not surprising. The world must not forget China's part in this pandemic, especially now when it's attempting a nice propaganda to whitewash it's terrible conduct during the initial outbreak in its countries.

WHO, in all of this, reminds me of the League of the Nations. A powerless institution that couldn´t avoid the tragedy it was created to avoid. 

That doesn´t mean I want WHO abolished, it´s quite the opposite actually. I think the organization should´ve its powers strenghtened so that the member states are subject to more strict surveillance and that we find more ways to cooperate internationally in matters of health.

38 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Yes, Northern Italy is very polluted, as that is where many of their industries are located. But the Balkans and Southern Poland are the other areas of Europe that are very polluted.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Tehran’s got awful air quality, but I don’t know about Qom (the epicentre for the disease in Iran).

• Upvote 1

Well, me and the family are officially self isolating for the next 14 days, my mother has a cough and flu like symptoms. As is a colleague from work, who’s husband was sent home from his job for coughing. Advised by NHS to stay home, and work also told us not to go in, not that I would have.

Ive just had 10 days holiday so I don’t feel ready for more time off work, but to hell if I’m putting anybody at risk. For the record, I do not believe my mother has contracted the virus, she has a cough but no complaints of difficulty breathing and we tested her temperature and it was completely normal. BUT, better to be safe than sorry. 

Edited by Rick
  • Upvote 4

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Rick said:

Well, me and the family are officially self isolating for the next 14 days, my mother has a cough and flu like symptoms. As is a colleague from work, who’s husband was sent home from his job for coughing. Advised by NHS to stay home, and work also told us not to go in, not that I would have.

Ive just had 10 days holiday so I don’t feel ready for more time off work, but to hell if I’m putting anybody at risk. For the record, I do not believe my mother has contracted the virus, she has a cough but no complaints of difficulty breathing and we tested her temperature and it was completely normal. BUT, better to be safe than sorry. 

Wish more people would be like you! 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wish more people would be like you! 

Yeah, I bet there are a ton of people out there who are working right now who shouldn’t be. 

Im lucky that my company have been supportive. I guess some workplaces would be the opposite, which then heaps pressure on people to not be off. That’s the only explanation I could give for some people, but it’s likely just pigheadedness. 

I just talked to my brother and he's just as ignorant as the rest. He got mad at me for saying the virus is more deadly than a flu. 

If that was the case, I wouldn't be in Peru anymore with no way out of even my house and the economy wouldn't be taking a crash... we've had plenty a few pandemics in our lives but nothing ever quite this serious. This is as bad as SARS, only difference is that was contained much better. The ignorance in people baffles me.

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Some good news

Some more, rivers in Venice are clean after a long time, fishes and swans have returned and dolphins are returning because of no cruise ships traffic.

Maybe corona was the good guy after all and we are the baddies :coffee:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Vile country, this is all their doing and every country around the world should shut their boarders to them forever.

There is no reason why they should keep their wildlife farming continue, it started because of poverty back in the days and some people start doing it for barely making a living.

9 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I think it’s inevitable now China is going to come under quite a bit of international pressure to improve its sanitary standards because this isn’t the first time a flu pandemics have come out of their markets. 

I think it will also be used to justify trade wars and protectionism by all. This will wake countries up to the importance of supply chains for important resources. 

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Angela Merkel called the corona virus our biggest challenge since World War II today. That should wake up the "iT's jUsT a fLu" people. 

bizarre choice of words you were the coronavirus in WW2 :ph34r:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Vile country, this is all their doing and every country around the world should shut their boarders to them forever.

Always one of those countries I never had a desire to travel to. 

• Upvote 1

There was a lovely man here in South India who missed his father's funeral due to quarantine. He watched it via video calling. He turned out to be negative for Corona. 

And there are entitled idiots like the man mentioned in this tweet, who could very well have spread it to several people.