talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

That is surpringsly considering that China has almost double the amount of cases. 

Iran is also has a horrendous ratio of Confirmed Cases to Death. 

I think China's numbers are skewed personally. Still 3000+ is no small number of people dying as a result of the virus.

• Upvote 1

No one talks about Germany but they've got it almost as bad as Spain when it comes to confirmed cases. It has spread as badly as anywhere there but I guess their low death rate keeps them out of the news world wide.

Edited by Machado

Just now, Machado said:

No one talks about Germany but they've got it almost as bad as Spain when it comes to confirmed cases. It has spread as badly as anywhere there but I guess their low body count keeps them out of the news world wide.

They have few deaths though, similar to South Korea. Clearly they are a mixed bag in this whole situation.

I did my training in Statisics in the early 50's and there was always one question we found difficult to answer or argue against:

How many Statisticians does it take to make up a Statistic?

Answer:  One

why?  Because no one has the faintest idea how they arrived at their conclusion so we all just accept it!

Now apply that thinking to the Coronavirus findings - differently arrived at and presented country by country - just accept it's here and try and follow the best advice we are given. Oh and Damn it - that's my Mother's day celebration out of the window!:eek:

Edited by SchalkeUK

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Iain Duncan Smith demanding increased benefits 🥴 the apocalypse really is here.

Funny I saw a headline earlier stating IDS said people shouldn't be given universal basic income as it encourages people not to find work. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

I wonder if they'll be spying on me, I'm o2, NHS 111 website has told me I might have it and need to isolate immediately for the next 7 days, used this phone and gave them my postcode. Not that I plan on going anywhere.

14 minutes ago, Rick said:

What are the numbers in Germany? Like 28 deaths for 12,000 infected. That’s insane how it’s so low compared to the rest. Are these real numbers? 

Using what we used to call spurious correlation it will be pointed out that consumption of Lager in Germany per head is almost parallel to the Coronavirus figure - thus drink more German Lager and fight off the virus!.  Source - Veltins research lab!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

If I end up out of work then I'm going to either start up a little thing where I do all the elderly and vulnerable shopping in the area, or go out on the streets helping the army and police spray fuck out of everything, or whatever else they have to do. I feel as though it's my duty to do something. Besides, being sat at home all day watching the tele speaking about the thing which is preventing us from going out will likely create mental health issues I believe. It could be the end of my sanity, this is my biggest fear as I'm not exactly the most mentally stable of people anyway.

Whatever happens as a result of it spreading the way it has stay safe and I think what you're going to do is a good deed but as I said before just stay safe. At times like these you're never sure what can happen and being safe around the elderly who are the biggest ones to get his in all of this is just as important as being precautious. 

• Upvote 1

Even Australia and Thailand have stated that the same. Apparently, anti Malaria drug is working. 

Though more testing is needed on this. The Americans have now asked its medical authorities to use the anti Malaria drug.

Also, read couple of conflicting reports that it might not work, or has bad side effects when taken along with HIV meds.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

I can't believe it was possible, but after thinking about it I have much more respect for Trump now than I did before. He speaks rubbish more often than not, but when a problem arises he actually does something about it. Answers questions honestly to all journalists and is actually having an impact for his country.

Say what you want about him being ignorant and speaking a lot of smack, but when I look at Trudeau's situation who is more calm, Trump looks like fucking Abraham Lincoln. I'm also aware Coronavirus entering the USA was entirely his fault, but at least he is trying to fix his mistakes, something I can't say about others.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I can't believe it was possible, but after thinking about it I have much more respect for Trump now than I did before. He speaks rubbish more often than not, but when a problem arises he actually does something about it. Answers questions honestly to all journalists and is actually having an impact for his country.

Say what you want about him being ignorant and speaking a lot of smack, but when I look at Trudeau's situation who is more calm, Trump looks like fucking Abraham Lincoln. I'm also aware Coronavirus entering the USA was entirely his fault, but at least he is trying to fix his mistakes, something I can't say about others.

What?

He's constantly called it a hoax and played it down and only changed his tune when he realised how serious it was getting. What's respectable about that xD?! 

You're seriously disrespected Abraham Lincoln at the same time. Well done.

It's very weird logic. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stan said:

What?

He's constantly called it a hoax and played it down and only changed his tune when he realised how serious it was getting. What's respectable about that xD?! 

You're seriously disrespected Abraham Lincoln at the same time. Well done.

It's very weird logic. 

18 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I'm also aware Coronavirus entering the USA was entirely his fault, but at least he is trying to fix his mistakes, something I can't say about others.

• Administrator

Oh don't worry, I read that bit too. 

But I don't get what you see that he's doing to fix his mistakes. Maybe not making the mistakes in the first place and being such an ignorant prick wouldn't get him in to so many positions where he has to fix them...

On 17/03/2020 at 21:50, Toinho said:

Football cancelled at all levels for 4 weeks (minus A and W league). Great... but I still have to go to school. These fucks are not thinking of the teachers and staff. 

Agreed. Crazy. I've taken my son out of kinder because we can without it really hiring is at all, and we aren't emergency services workers. 

14 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

To be fair it was a great call he made initially to close off flights from China.

However his decisions around test kits, and driving a mentality of wanting to suppress the numbers, which meant a don't ask don't tell mentality of patients running around out there were very damaging.