talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

My dad right now is reaching out to as many news reporters and government officials as he possibly can.

Obviously we have to put our part, but I find it embarrassing that they aren't trying to find us.

You're in Peru, as a Peruvian citizen, right? Why would Canadian officials come and find you to take you back? 

Just now, Stan said:

You're in Peru, as a Peruvian citizen, right? Why would Canadian officials come and find you to take you back? 

I have a Canadian passport, and my dad needs to be closer to work. So technically we do qualify.

The US govt is flying out my coworker & other Americans trapped in Peru, so I imagine Canada would do the same thing.

I do know that dual nationals aren’t always afforded the same protection though while they’re in a country they’re a citizen of.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The US govt is flying out my coworker & other Americans trapped in Peru, so I imagine Canada would do the same thing.

I do know that dual nationals aren’t always afforded the same protection though while they’re in a country they’re a citizen of.

Just now I got an email about getting all Canadian citizens out including me and my dad. About time.

Complete quarantine here at least till March 30th, only exceptions are to fetch supplies or to go help family members. Fucking useless idiots always taking half-mesures, what about the people that actually need to work to live?, how the fuck are they supposed to buy food & paid for services and bills if they're not allowed to go work? fucking bellends.

64 now here, we had 16 more new cases. None in my city the capital of the country xD. The smile enjoy is because it is not true, probably no one got tested or is afraid to get tested. the streets are emptier, the public transportation has been shut down. Lot of people still work, how can they get to work?

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

People in the UK still don't seem to understand this and think stuff like closing schools is an overreaction or that it's alright to still go to the pub if you're not in the vulnerable group, or that stopping social gatherings isn't required if all over 70s are self isolating out of the way anyway.

It doesn't matter who gets it or whether they'll be fine. Everyone is likely to pass it on to at least 1 or 2 other people and it snowballs from there.

I really worry that too much of our population have the "it'll be fine" attitude because they've never lived through anything like this before and collective responsibility is an alien concept to too many of them. I hope I'm wrong.

My mate was in Tesco's yesterday to get some bits and bobs. Not only were queues going down the aisles, but the majority form what I saw were easily 50 and over. 

Quite concerning when these are supposed to be the people who are being looked up to in this sort of time. 

This piece reads like a fabulously written fiction story, except it's real.

Kinda explains how the virus spreads in different situations. Great read this.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/03/the-story-of-a-coronavirus-infection.html?utm_campaign=The Interface&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue newsletter&__twitter_impression=true

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This piece reads like a fabulously written fiction story, except it's real.

Kinda explains how the virus spreads in different situations. Great read this.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/03/the-story-of-a-coronavirus-infection.html?utm_campaign=The Interface&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue newsletter&__twitter_impression=true

Read it earlier today too. Some people are saying its irresponsible writing but I think with the current situation and people not taking enough precautions its good fiction. 

26 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Read it earlier today too. Some people are saying its irresponsible writing but I think with the current situation and people not taking enough precautions its good fiction. 

I think one of the purpose of that article was to scare people into taking this pandemic seriously. If it achieves that purpose, I will be glad.

@topic

More entitled idiots.

• Subscriber

A nice one, at last, it helps an old cronie pensioner like me, Iceland up the road from us 10-11 every day now for us pensioners then the others can just follow after. 

Quote.thumb.png.12e594979b887b82aa9e34f5424774fa.png

Supermarket opening times: Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Iceland and Tesco opening hours amid coronavirus pandemic

As customers continue to stockpile amid the coronavirus pandemic, some supermarkets are changing their opening hours to restock shelves and allow elderly people to access certain items.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/lifestyle/food-and-drink/supermarket-opening-times-sainsburys-morrisons-iceland-and-tesco-opening-hours-amid-coronavirus-pandemic-2502270