talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

One of my closest friends asked me for 100 soles because she has no way to get food due to a lack of gas in her car. This whole situation is horrible. I think the intention of lockdown is good but the whole process wasn't thought of so well.

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Hearing that Argentina is bringing back its citizens in Peru on a bus. @Berserker

Just read that they will send 100 planes from several airlines to bring back our citizens from all over the world, specially Europe and the Americas.

Edited by Berserker

6 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Just read that will send 100 planes from several airlines to bring back our citizens from all over the world, specially Europe and the Americas.

Nice one.

Meanwhile Air Canada is laying off their staff, right before a potential rescue of their citizens. Not looking good :( 

• Sad 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Bloke arrested on Isle of Man for failing to self isolate. Good. Silly cunt.

Definitely @RandoEFC

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

One of my closest friends asked me for 100 soles because she has no way to get food due to a lack of gas in her car. This whole situation is horrible. I think the intention of lockdown is good but the whole process wasn't thought of so well.

It took me far too long to realise 'soles' was a currency and you didn't mean the part of the shoe. 

Scandal in the US as 4 republican senators had been given warnings about how bad this would get in January so they sold stocks before market volatility, while investing in teleconference and working from home companies.

They should be thrown in prison.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Scandal in the US as 4 republican senators had been given warnings about how bad this would get in January so they sold stocks before market volatility, while investing in teleconference and working from home companies.

Put them in a hospital without any PPE

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

People are always quick to condemn political violence when we look back at history, but it's a simple fact of life that there are people who have no place in society, except at the bottom of a ditch.

4 hours ago, Rick said:

We need to go into lockdown. People are fucking idiots, and far too dangerous if left to their own devices.

I 100% agree! There will be too many idiots out there who will fck things up for others, the government should enforce a lockdown for everyone's sake.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Italy reports 5,986 new cases and 627 new deaths. Jesus Christ.

We are living through a genuine nightmare. People trapped in other countries, friends asking others for money because they can't work or get food, people going to jail for trying to help their families and breaking curfew, and of course all the deaths due to the virus itself.

I'm calm despite everything, but this is going to take a huge toll on many things for the future.

This made me realize that whether rich or poor governments weren't prepared for this because of all the progress in science and medicine no one really thought this would happen at such scale and public isn't ready either generations before us faced World Wars, great depressions, famines etc at we thought we won't have to sacrifice or face anything like this. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

We are living through a genuine nightmare. People trapped in other countries, friends asking others for money because they can't work or get food, people going to jail for trying to help their families and breaking curfew, and of course all the deaths due to the virus itself.

I'm calm despite everything, but this is going to take a huge toll on many things for the future.

Humanity has gotten through much worse and will get through this as well. 

But the Italian numbers are staggering. I'm still hoping it starts decreasing in a few days as the impact of the 14 days of the quarantine starts to show...