talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Where do people who have already been laid off stand with this 80% wage thing I wonder? My missus works for a leisure club and they got rid of staff who were still on 3 month probation this morning. My missus has been there a long time so is fine but she's gutted for all those they've let go

I haven't heard it in the press conference itself but have heard elsewhere it's from 1st March. Not sure if it means for people have who have been laid off already or current employees in post since since 1st March. 

• Upvote 1

Great news for me. I started my job at the beginning of the month and was told it doesn't matter that I am on probation I will still be allowed back. I need to make sure but it appears as if I will be paid 80%. I will probably do some volunteer work in the hospital kitchens if I am getting enough money

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Great news for me. I started my job at the beginning of the month and was told it doesn't matter that I am on probation I will still be allowed back. I need to make sure but it appears as if I will be paid 80%. I will probably do some volunteer work in the hospital kitchens if I am getting enough money

Happy for you!

Big help for your employer as well (and all other employers in similar positions) that will get this financial support.

53 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

What's worrying is that they're on lockdown as well aren't they? 

They are, but there are still a lot of people on the street and apparently bars and the likes are still open according to the Chinese Red Cross spokesman,

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Where do people who have already been laid off stand with this 80% wage thing I wonder? My missus works for a leisure club and they got rid of staff who were still on 3 month probation this morning. My missus has been there a long time so is fine but she's gutted for all those they've let go

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

El Salvador has been by far the best country in the world at handling this outbreak.

I'm willing to bet their rich population are complaining about how the likes of Canada and the USA are doing much better too, just like in Peru which really drives me up the wall.

12 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

El Salvador has been by far the best country in the world at handling this outbreak.

I'm willing to bet their rich population are complaining about how the likes of Canada and the USA are doing much better too, just like in Peru which really drives me up the wall.

They have no outbreak because they're one of the most isolated countries in the world with how dangerous it is.

Edited by Berserker

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

They have not outbreak because they're one of the most isolated countries in the world with how dangerous it is.

But they went on lockdown with 0 cases and want to build a new hospital in case of emergency + suspended all the bills.

Peru has done much better than many first world countries but compared to El Salvador's measures and reaction we're nothing.

Just now, Inti Brian said:

But they went on lockdown with 0 cases and want to build a new hospital in case of emergency + suspended all the bills.

Peru has done much better than many first world countries but compared to El Salvador's measures and reaction we're nothing.

Yeah, they done well, just saying. We should have closed all borders about a month ago and we wouldn't have any infected, just quarantine citizens coming back from abroad with strict measures and we'd be gucci.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

You've literally complained about other countries in nearly every post you've made in this thread xD 

• Subscriber

It's going to take a long time for it to sink in just how bizarre the denial was from so many governments in larger countries thinking that doing the same thing as the countries that got infected before them would somehow yield better outcomes.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

I hate to bring this up again, but I think you are missing the boat on this...big time. Most of the 'First World Countries' as you like to mention, has a lot more tourists, businesses, and the likes, and had infected citizens before it became a 'global pandemic'. 

Yeah sure, it's easy now for a country with 0 cases to close the borders and build hospitals, but it's a vastly unfair comparison. My father-in-law's wife is from Peru, just got back actually, and is currently being treated for Coronavirus. Outside of her, the amount of people that travel to Peru is NOTHING like it is for the European countries and the USA.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

North Korea have actually done the best job if you want to look at it that way.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Yeah, they done well, just saying. We should have closed all borders about a month ago and we wouldn't have any infected, just quarantine citizens coming back from abroad with strict measures and we'd be gucci.

Yeah all of South America with the exception of Chile and Brazil have done a good job. The reason Peru is at third highest cases in Latinamerica is because of how densely populated our capital is, but all things considered we've done alright. If we reacted a bit sooner though, we could have had much less cases.

People are currently getting arrested for walking on the street of your own house. It's very strict right now. I just hope they suspend rent and bills.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Nah this cunt has gone up on the cunt-o-meter. Madly. How rattled is he?

An absolute twat at his zenith. Sad thing is that this idiot is likely to get elected again. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

You've literally complained about other countries in nearly every post you've made in this thread xD 

In most third world countries (as far as I'm aware), the rich population will constantly suck off the richer countries. Me actually living in Canada, I'm trying to tell my family how much better Peru has been in this whole thing over Canada and they just don't want to hear it. Their agendas towards their own country is pathetic. Next time they say that to me I'll just tell them to move away if they hate this country so much. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Me actually living in Canada, I'm trying to tell my family how much better Peru has been in this whole thing over Canada and they just don't want to hear it. Their agendas towards their own country is pathetic.

source.gif

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Eco said:

I hate to bring this up again, but I think you are missing the boat on this...big time. Most of the 'First World Countries' as you like to mention, has a lot more tourists, businesses, and the likes, and had infected citizens before it became a 'global pandemic'. 

Yeah sure, it's easy now for a country with 0 cases to close the borders and build hospitals, but it's a vastly unfair comparison. My father-in-law's wife is from Peru, just got back actually, and is currently being treated for Coronavirus. Outside of her, the amount of people that travel to Peru is NOTHING like it is for the European countries and the USA.

Yeah I'm calling bollocks to that. You're right that the likes of USA get much more air traffic and have more businesses, but you cannot say the USA made the right decisions. Them having 12,000 cases has little to do with a big population or air traffic. It's because the virus wasn't taken initially seriously. Otherwise it would have been much lower and you know that. 

The likes of El Salvador or Peru have reacted much quicker than these first world countries and that's a big reason why we aren't being hit as hard. It has nothing to do with air traffic as a lot of Peruvians travel to Italy and we have quite a few Italians living here too. About 60k. Italy having the most cases in the world outside China right now is because they underestimated the virus. 

And Peru has the 4th most tourists in South America. Not exactly a bad feat. Obviously nothing like the top countries but it's high enough to have an impact.

Anyways, I hope your father-in law's wife recovers. Prayers to her.

Edited by Inti Brian

9 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

North Korea have actually done the best job if you want to look at it that way.

Apparently they have cases too mate, or so I hear. They just don't want to reveal any information. If true, I'd imagine they came from the DMZ on the South Korean side.

4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Yeah I'm calling bollocks to that. You're right that the likes of USA get much more air traffic and have more businesses, but you cannot say the USA made the right decisions. Them having 12,000 cases has little to do with a big population or air traffic. It's because the virus wasn't taken initially seriously. Otherwise it would have been much lower and you know that. 

The likes of El Salvador or Peru have reacted much quicker than these first world countries and that's a big reason why we aren't being hit as hard. It has nothing to do with air traffic as a lot of Peruvians travel to Italy and we have quite a few Italians living here too. About 60k. Italy having the most cases in the world outside China right now is because they underestimated the virus. 

And Peru has the 4th most tourists in South America. Not exactly a bad feat. Obviously nothing like the top countries but it's high enough to have an impact.

Anyways, I hope your father-in law's wife recovers. Prayers to her.

That's fine, and no where in my post did I say anything about USA doing the right things quickly enough, stop reading things that aren't there. 

All I'm saying is that countries that are have more tourists and air traffic are more likely not to have made the right decisions as those countries that are more controlled and have time to gather more information before making any drastic decisions. 

You applaud countries like Peru and El Salvalador, and do you know what they have in common? They don't attract as many visitors are the EU and the States. So yeah, El Salvador shutting down their borders and building hospitals is great, but this shit has been going on for over a month so it's nice that they are able to watch the virus wreck the world and then make an informed decision. Certain countries (like Italy and the rest of the EU) weren't able gather evidence of it's true devastation in time before it ended up infecting their country. 

I'm not debating what they are doing NOW to combat it, I'm talking specifically about the shutting down of the borders, forced isolation, etc. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Eco said:

That's fine, and no where in my post did I say anything about USA doing the right things quickly enough, stop reading things that aren't there. 

All I'm saying is that countries that are have more tourists and air traffic are more likely not to have made the right decisions as those countries that are more controlled and have time to gather more information before making any drastic decisions. 

You applaud countries like Peru and El Salvalador, and do you know what they have in common? They don't attract as many visitors are the EU and the States. So yeah, El Salvador shutting down their borders and building hospitals is great, but this shit has been going on for over a month so it's nice that they are able to watch the virus wreck the world and then make an informed decision. Certain countries (like Italy and the rest of the EU) weren't able gather evidence of it's true devastation in time before it ended up infecting their country. 

I'm not debating what they are doing NOW to combat it, I'm talking specifically about the shutting down of the borders, forced isolation, etc. 

We're not copying anyone. We have had plenty of outbreaks in the country. My dad remembers a Cholera outbreak in the 1990's. There was also Swine Flu which we got hit pretty hard by and Zika not too long ago. We're much more used to these sort of things, although not exactly prepared from a medical standpoint. 

I am attacking the rich population of the country who do nothing but trash on Peru and would rather continue sucking off the USA or Canada when they've been pretty awful at handling this situation and have a lot of drawbacks in general. Obviously they are much better countries but for some people it isn't. What I'm saying is, yes I see what you're saying. Hard to compare, but I can guarantee you we are not taking measures just because things got bad in Italy or USA.

I had an argument with my cousin the other day explaining how Canada is making a mess of this whole thing and she'd rather keep praising Canada for "being a better country". That mentality makes me sick. Just love the country you were born in ffs.

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's going to take a long time for it to sink in just how bizarre the denial was from so many governments in larger countries thinking that doing the same thing as the countries that got infected before them would somehow yield better outcomes.

I am really starting to believe that they are deliberately letting the virus spread to a pretty unbearable point. I can only guess it leads to a less prolonged situation, i.e that they don't need to hide their entire nation indoors for 18 months, but at the same time they can't announce that as their plan.

• Upvote 1