talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator

I'm not surprised these guys don't get it. They've got nothing to attach meaning to to make this real. My parents experienced the three day working week when electricity was rationed and curfews existed. The problem is they won't feel quite so invulnerable when someone they know gets it. 

The US response is crazy. The healthcare providers are woefully inequipped for this... so a shitload of government spending is going to go towards bailing out the airline industry and the cruise industry.

Why bail the fucking cruise industry out? Let that stupid industry fucking die. Why are these companies more important than the number of people who are likely to get sick?

Brazil, Argentina and Mexico have rescued their citizens or are in the process of doing so.

Canada on the other hand is starting to take action. Hearing that planes are on the way to rescue the others. Not sure how true that is though, and everything has been pretty unclear...

In the USA forecasts go from 650k to 150 million infected. No one knows what will happen but it won't be pretty.

People will lose their jobs, go broke, some will go homeless I'm sure. This is no recession, it's a fucking ice age. Save your money people.

Any cunt who is out and about right now without a fucking good reason to be should be fined £1000 on the spot, no exceptions. I've seen kids out playing today and people just walking around. Stay in the house you bastards!

Fucking world full of fools, they should be the first to go.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Any cunt who is out and about right now without a fucking good reason to be should be fined £1000 on the spot, no exceptions. I've seen kids out playing today and people just walking around. Stay in the house you bastards!

Here in Peru, there are no shits taken right now.

If a plane truly is to take Canadians back, I might have a reason as I'd need to get to the airport. I hope there is a pass or some shit though as the police will probably stop us more than a dozen times on the way there.

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

But please think of Sam Smith. It's struggling at the mo.

• Haha 1

The slow rise in Peru wouldn't last. 318 now which is about 70 more than yesterday. I think we went in lockdown at the right point though, so in a realistic sense I reckon we'll go up to 1000 in the next 2 weeks and then it will begin to drop. 

Also - first death outside of Lima. 83 year old in Piura (northern Peru)

The good news for us young uns is that the percentage of those dead are elderly or those in bad health systems. The other thing is though I highly doubt that every single one of the 13,000 dead are in those conditions. Of course, we also don't want our parents or grandparents to suffer.

The virus is deadly enough. I know plenty of people who still call it "just a flu".

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

The good news for us young uns is that the percentage of those dead are elderly or those in bad health systems. The other thing is though I highly doubt that every single one of the 13,000 dead are in those conditions. Of course, we also don't want our parents or grandparents to suffer.

The virus is deadly enough. I know plenty of people who still call it "just a flu".

It's very likely the young ones mostly spread it to these people