talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

It's very likely the young ones mostly spread it to these people

3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Of course, we also don't want our parents or grandparents to suffer.

Perhaps I was a bit unclear in this little bit, that's what I meant though.

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Scary numbers. This is when they've been on lock down for what, two weeks too?

"Lock down". You have to wonder until which point it's okay for people to still have civil liberties. What if they reach 1k deaths each day? No government can let that happen. In China you either stayed at home or you did. No messing around.

Edited by Machado

Just now, Machado said:

You have to wonder until which point it's okay for people to still have civil liberties. What if they reach 1k deaths each day? No government can let that happen. In China you either stayed at home or you did. No messing around.

Should be happening NOW. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Machado said:

"Lock down". You have to wonder until which point it's okay for people to still have civil liberties. What if they reach 1k deaths each day? No government can let that happen. In China you either stayed at home or you did. No messing around.

I was going to say the same. I strongly disagree with the argument that "people should be allowed to have freedom all the time". 99% of the time it's a true statement, but when there is a crisis like a war or a pandemic, it has to be taken away for the safety of the country.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Went to the supermarket today. 

Guy in front of me at the tills gets greeted by a friend. That friend, as he says hello also says 'won't shake your hand' as he greets him. Then the guy in front of me says 'nah not in to all that' then they both shake hands anyway xD xD

How fucking stupid of guy 1 to be so ignorant and also the mate that came along and shook anyway?! 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Harvsky said:

These doctors are the real heroes in all of this, putting their lives at risk to save others. Then we have the selfish dim-wits still going out to the pubs, claiming there's nothing to worry about. It's all very sad really.

• Upvote 2

On 16/03/2020 at 19:39, RandoEFC said:

Lewis is too woke to get coronavirus. Idris eats too much meat and probably doesn't wash his hands because he doesn't understand how #blessed he is to be alive.

Still we rise.

You weren't kidding.

#stillherises

• Upvote 1

Here in Spain, there were about 2-3 days of severe panic shopping but in general, it has died down a lot. Most of the supermarkets are now relatively well stocked up, obviously, there are still a few empty shelves here and there but it's a lot better. 

From what I hear in the UK, you're at the panic buying stage still but I imagine it will get better.

The first identified Coronavirus case in Italy was on the 26th of February. As I write this(21st of March), Italy has confirmed 4,825 official deaths as a result of Coronavirus. If this is not sobering, then I don't know what is.

Wow. 

So Team USA is playing Team Iran in the World League on chess.com, and we have just been informed that the admin for Team Iran has died due to this virus. As odd as it may be, it's probably the closet I have to someone to me having lost their life to Covid-19. 

On 20/03/2020 at 17:14, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fucking hell it's so grim in Italy.

The UK needs to lockdown before it gets that bad.

The harsh reality is because our economy is so service dependent they will attempt to ride it with ventilators and excess staff to get us operational ASAP. Our shutdown coincides with Easter holiday and they’re trying to get ahead of it to get most of us infected cured then back out again

on ventilators pitch’s go into NHS back end of next week, 70,000 to be built ASAP it is happening I’m just personally dubious we won’t be ready by the start of the peak which is estimated 2 weeks away. 

10 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Better thanks mate. Dry persistent cough still clinging on but feeling healthy otherwise.

I was I’ll start if feb I had 72 hours of fever and weak and a dry hacking none productive cough for 2 weeks after. I reckon it was this tbh but who knows I’m 34 fairly fit run approx 12miles a week none smoker but this took me out for a good 3-4 days

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

1600 in intensive care in France. 50% are under 60. The obsession with age group fatality risks making people blind to how they can take up hospital beds. Stay in doors.

We’re socially distancing I was told not to take my boy for a hair cut today by the mrs. 

also the Mrs 10 mins later “go to B&Q and finish that job” 

I didn’t go lol 

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I was I’ll start if feb I had 72 hours of fever and weak and a dry hacking none productive cough for 2 weeks after. I reckon it was this tbh but who knows I’m 34 fairly fit run approx 12miles a week none smoker but this took me out for a good 3-4 days

A few weeks ago I felt the same, but 31 and a former cigarette smoker. Was out for about 3 days but by day 4 I was back to feeling like normal.

I did worry about it being coronavirus but stopped worrying once I felt better. Nobody else I know has had the same symptoms though. Hard to say really, with so much unknown about the virus.

Since last Friday though I’ve been doing my best to just stay at home as much as I can though.

• Subscriber

Our son has come home early from his taxi job and he said it's bloody dead around where he does his taxi bit with all the pubs & clubs closed, bought me in a few lagers and the wife a Mothers day cake and a bottle of wine and then went into his room because he did not want to be to close to us because he has been doing his taxi bit and might have picked something up, looks like we have a caring son. :hh:  :x 

This is terrible for people with OCD. Luckily I don't have a fear of germs so I can manage but for people who do it is so hard to know what is right and what is wrong at the moment. 

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Well he’s not acted like a celebrity cunt for once and has done a very sensible thing. The lad can’t win.

Why? Nobody said anything negative against him. 

• Subscriber
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Well he’s not acted like a celebrity cunt for once and has done a very sensible thing. The lad can’t win.

To be fair we praised him in his own thread in the F1 subforum! ^_^

• Subscriber

I've been on a strange journey with Lewis Hamilton. I supported him in 2008 when I first got into the sport as a British driver. Then Jenson Button came to prominence the following year and completely swayed me in his direction. The contrast in persona between a young Lewis Hamilton and a wiser Jenson Button was pretty stark back then so I was firmly Team JB when they teamed up at McLaren from 2011. It's taken me until the last 6-18 months to really actually be able to say I quite like Lewis Hamilton these days. He seems to have grown up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In related (kind of news), we only get immediate family at my mums funeral. It will be in the church, blessing, straight out and burial. No frills. Absolutely gutted for her, but soon they’ll be people not even getting that, so you’ve got to take the positives.

• Sad 8

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

‘Still he rises’. It’s tongue in cheek like, but still taking the piss out of him. 

I've actually meant it honest. I'm glad he's alright, and he did the right thing by not taking a probably unnecessary test. I'm glad the Champ is healthy and happy, and probably around to annoy us with his talent for a few more years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I've actually meant it honest. I'm glad he's alright, and he did the right thing by not taking a probably unnecessary test. I'm glad the Champ is healthy and happy, and probably around to annoy us with his talent for a few more years. 

Well you’ve grown up too then :P