talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I don't know how reliable NHS England are. They are a Hospital or a Press? Someone can confirm me. Apologies for any ignorance here.

My problem though is that everyone wants sources to tell them what they want to hear. There seems to be no inbetween. Either there are those who panic or those who are too laid back. Both are just as bad as each other. In terms of the latter, if someone young dies they 100% had underlying health conditions. If the facts report otherwise then they are "scaremongering". There's no winning with some.

Anyways, I'm going to believe NHS England just assuming they are important over there. I still think people are just disregarding the elderly or the ones that are more ill. Makes me sick.

NHS is the National Health Service in UK :). So they run all the public hospitals, doctor's surgeries and Trust buildings in UK.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I agree that a lockdown is the next logical step, but the concern again is whether people will actually listen or not. As people have already shown on this thread, it'll be the likes of 'it's Boris so who gives a fuck', 'Nobody is listening to you' etc. 

You will never have a total lockdown.. Vital services etc will need to remain in operation regardless and places like ours that are in the food industry will need to keep running and for that you will still need transport running even if it is for a much smaller percentage of the population... There is no easy fix regardless but all non essential operations and businesses should be able to close down until this has been brought under control.. Obviously financial support for all those unable to work and pay their bills needs to be there as well and most things are possible but the Government seem so sluggish at bringing in the changes despite having a massive heads up from other countries about what to expect... 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

They are though to some degree, I know loads isolating, I didn’t visit my mom today, last night me and the lads got pushed via house party app. It will slow down as we get deeper into it

It's good that loads are and it's a shame some were denied seeing their mums today. But loads also aren't. Look at all the plebs in Richmond Park just as one example in London today. Or anyone who gathered at Skegness and Whitstable on the beach. Or people gathered in pubs in Friday.

Positive cases have almost doubled in two days. It was 206 on 20th March and 396 today on 22nd. 

The only solace is that, most of these  cases are of people who have returned from outside of India. 

However, community spread has began (some cases), so in a way we have entered into the dreaded third stage.

State after state has been under voluntary lockdown since Friday. Now everything will be enforced. Rules are harsh. It's needed.  This coming week is going to be mad and absolutely terrible to face.

One of the best things my city's authorities are doing is sending PDF documents with names and addresses of people who are under quarantine on a daily basis, and asking us to spread them on our WhatsApp groups. This makes sure that no one visits these people who are meant to be under isolation. Also if those quarantined people leave their homes, then cops can be informed by the neighbours.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

McDonald's closing all their restaurants til further notice from 7pm tomorrow :( :( :( :( 

giphy.gif

Not in the US! But that’s where McDonalds is fighting to not give workers paid time off to sick workers during this time and encouraging every one of their workers to show up.

• Subscriber

Isn't it just a result of more developed countries having closer links with each other, more travel etc. And also that they have the means to diagnose it increasing the numbers? I cant imagine Niger and Uganda making it a massive priority to import thousands of coronavirus testing kits unless I'm just being woefully ignorant?

So one of the many things that I'm grateful for, one is that there are 6 guys that we were in 2nd grade together, and remain best friends to this day. 3 of us are in Atlanta (where we were born), 1 lives in DC, 1 lives in Montana, 1 lives in Nebraska, and another lives in Florida. 

So, we have decided that once a month, we are going to make a Skype video meeting to just drink beer and talk online during this Covid outbreak. Our first one begins in 33 minutes and I'm actually pretty excited for this. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Harvsky said:

It's probably too early to start the conversation on that dataset.

I'm sure any model of this outbreak would show countries of lower GDP are generally less mobile and therefore have lower numbers at this point.

Hahahahahaha

To be fair to Trump, he's not wrong in his reasoning for it not being racist. The Spanish or Asian Flu would also be racist if that's the case. I don't agree with Trump using the term as propaganda though. Seems unnecessary. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Eco said:

So one of the many things that I'm grateful for, one is that there are 6 guys that we were in 2nd grade together, and remain best friends to this day. 3 of us are in Atlanta (where we were born), 1 lives in DC, 1 lives in Montana, 1 lives in Nebraska, and another lives in Florida. 

So, we have decided that once a month, we are going to make a Skype video meeting to just drink beer and talk online during this Covid outbreak. Our first one begins in 33 minutes and I'm actually pretty excited for this. 

Being part of a band that has met every weekend for over a year now, when we found out that the lockdown was coming we did something similar where we just sat and talked and played music over Zoom and it turned out quite well. 

• Subscriber

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-everyone-dies-alone-heartbreak-at-the-italian-hospital-on-the-brink-of-collapse-11961130

I sometimes think that for people to truly stop being stupid about self-isolation they might actually need to be surrounded by death. Terrible stuff going on in Italy.

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

Hahahahahaha

To be fair to Trump, he's not wrong in his reasoning for it not being racist. The Spanish or Asian Flu would also be racist if that's the case. I don't agree with Trump using the term as propaganda though. Seems unnecessary. 

Spanish Flu’s only called that because Spain’s media, unlike most big European countries in that era, wasn’t under blackout from WW1 because they were neutral. So most sources first reported were out of Spain, but there’s evidence that other countries had cases first where the stories were suppressed & that governments were happy to let Spain take the fall on the world stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

Hahahahahaha

This is the problem here to be honest. People being scared of being labelled racist(well and losing money...). This is why the whole world won't shut their boarders to China forever. 

We simply cannot trust that country and there is nothing racist about that. If they are lying and trying to hide outbreaks until they reach other countries (just like they also did with SARS) then that makes them a huge threat to us all.

They can't be trusted. What if the next virus that appears there turns out being as deadly as black death and they try and hide it until it's too late? We can't take risks.

28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Spanish Flu’s only called that because Spain’s media, unlike most big European countries in that era, wasn’t under blackout from WW1 because they were neutral. So most sources first reported were out of Spain, but there’s evidence that other countries had cases first where the stories were suppressed & that governments were happy to let Spain take the fall on the world stage.

There's no proof, but It probably started in China.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

36 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

This is the problem here to be honest. People being scared of being labelled racist(well and losing money...). This is why the whole world won't shut their boarders to China forever. 

We simply cannot trust that country and there is nothing racist about that. If they are lying and trying to hide outbreaks until they reach other countries (just like they also did with SARS) then that makes them a huge threat to us all.

They can't be trusted. What if the next virus that appears there turns out being as deadly as black death and they try and hide it until it's too late? We can't take risks.

There's no proof, but It probably started in China.

They have gone a step further. Their media houses are pushing the blame on US army or even Italy as the source of virus.