talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

German state must be feeling guilty for blocking exports of medical supplies to Italy a couple of weeks ago.

German state already suspended the decree that prohibited the export of masks and is expected to send a million masks to Italy.

https://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2020/03/13/news/coronavirus_la_germania_invia_un_milione_di_mascherine_all_italia-251219227/

I just went to the shop then for a few bits(it's the first time I've been out, other than for work today, since Friday afternoon, after I finished work), the takeaways are shut, pub and bookies are shut(of course), I only saw 5 people on the streets and 3 were wearing masks, I went into the spar, all the staff wore masks and gloves and there were only 2 other customers(not usual for this time of the night). It then had a sign up saying that they are shut from 9 pm tonight until further notice.

Probably the most eerie experience of all this yet. It's now REAL.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

• Administrator

Boris announces:

Can only leave for 

Shopping

1 form of exercise - run, walk, cycle alone or members of household

Medical need

Travelling to & from work where absolutely necessary

• Administrator

Police have powers to enforce through fines if not complied with.

Measures to be in place for 3 weeks and reviewed then. If measures aren't followed, gatherings of no more than 2 to be enforced, weddings, baptisms to be cancelled, places of worship to be shut.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

So we are on lockdown folks. Finally.

I'd describe it as a partial lockdown but a positive step. 

Just hope this relieves pressure on NHS and has the desired effect to do so. That's the main thing for me as well as reducing number of cases. Think we have to realise it will take such a lockdown period for case numbers to decrease. People can't expect instant results here. Gotta be patient but compliant.

• Upvote 1

We've been in lockdown for 2 days. 

I fucking hate it, and although gyms are shut, I fortunately train at a small gym owned by pro athletes who refuse to not train, so we get some sneaky seshes in in very small groups. I'm doing uni from home, pubs clubs and anything social is closed. Fuck this shit. 

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Sounds like India are having trouble getting people to follow lockdown rules.

Yep. Everyone followed voluntary curfew impeccably on Sunday. Today was horrendous.

Some of it is understandable. Daily wage labourers who live on the borders of big cities coming in for work. But the behaviour from educated or privileged ones is infuriating.

All throughout the day, state after state imposed stricter laws. Now most states are under forced lockdown and cops have been given power to deal with idiots who step out of their homes unnecessarily. 

People are not going to change until they actually witness their loved ones suffering. And by that time, it will too late.

We have jumped from 396 to 499 positive cases in a day. We are well on our way to getting screwed.

@topic

Meanwhile, one patient in South India who returned from Middle East was told to remain in quarantine. Instead he went to two weddings, a funeral and a football match. He is directly responsible for at least 6 more positive cases (a number which could rise above 50 cause 100+ people who came in contact with him are now qurantined). 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Since I am the manager of a post office inside a WHSmith store, it looks like we will be open as usual. I hope at least that the hours are cut right down. Doubt it though. 

Scrabble lovers are absolutely delighted.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Same, but I've been very bored.

I just miss travelling. Made the mistake of watching BBC's Race Across the World a few days ago and it made me feel like crap xD 

Other than that, I'm rarely ever bored... So many things to do! Wish I had the time.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, nudge said:

We've been in lockdown for a week. I mostly don't give a fuck.

I am allowed to go up the chemist to pick my prescription up and shop for bits and pieces, lucky our son is staying with us and can drive me around.

• Upvote 1