talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Needed action, don't agree with the one form of exercise bit though as although there will be a lot of people respecting it, there will also be a lot of people using it to take the piss. You'll get people going everywhere in gym gear. Some form of exercise can be done in your home no matter where you live if people are that desperate. If you're going to impose a lockdown, may as well go the whole way and be really strict about it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Boris announces:

Can only leave for 

Shopping

1 form of exercise - run, walk, cycle alone or members of household

Medical need

Travelling to & from work where absolutely necessary

Wish we had these measures

47 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Only if you’re a carer and taking them food or medicine. Otherwise, nope.

What about a laudarette? I don't have a washing machine so I pay my mum to do it. Also the showers in my flat aren't cleaned regularly so I go to parents?

So an update. I missed my flight, it was booked immediately and there was nothing we could do. Unless more show up it looks like I'm gonna be stuck here. The border will close permanently on Sunday.

My worry is that I'm on medication. Luckily I have enough for this current quarantine session. If we're stuck til August though, then I may be in trouble.

• Subscriber

Been told not to come in tomorrow as we're only expecting about 30 kids. Glad to see our public taking the whole key worker thing seriously and not trying to take the piss and use the schools as free daycare.

Will be in once in a while on a supervision rota for the foreseeable. I'm going to not be a cunt and only leave the house for shopping a couple of times a week until further notice. Going to be shite.

25 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Needed action, don't agree with the one form of exercise bit though as although there will be a lot of people respecting it, there will also be a lot of people using it to take the piss. You'll get people going everywhere in gym gear. Some form of exercise can be done in your home no matter where you live if people are that desperate. If you're going to impose a lockdown, may as well go the whole way and be really strict about it.

Init, what are they gonna do jot down into a notepad who’s been out for a run? Might be able to recognise people in smaller towns and villages but cities no chance

25 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What about a laudarette? I don't have a washing machine so I pay my mum to do it. Also the showers in my flat aren't cleaned regularly so I go to parents?

You can go to a launderette, but not your parents. The advice is clear.

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

Init, what are they gonna do jot down into a notepad who’s been out for a run? Might be able to recognise people in smaller towns and villages but cities no chance

In Spain here, you can essentially only go out to work, to go to the supermarket, doctor, pharmacy and to walk the dog. 

The parks and that are all closed as well. Think they should do the same for the UK.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

In Spain here, you can essentially only go out to work, to go to the supermarket, doctor, pharmacy and to walk the dog. 

The parks and that are all closed as well. Think they should do the same for the UK.

They've closed some open play areas. Parks are open for exercise but apparently large gatherings will be dispersed through, at first, police persuasion... 

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

US and Canada outside of the densely populated areas like NY won't be applying strict measures like Europe most likely, too worried about $$$

Trudeau is Trump's whipping boy. He's just doing whatever Trump does. It's embarrassing to see.