talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Harvsky I'm asking you this because you seem to be this most knowledgable. My auntie seems to think it's ok to hate the Chinese at the moment.  Maybe you can hate their government and some of the people involved in the outbreak. Although it is unfair and very racist to hate all Chinese. Although when the outbreak started the people who were selling the contaminated food wouldn't have known it was contaminated. As far as I'm aware bats weren't actually involved. There has been critism of them rating bats but they have eaten it for years I'm assuming without issues?  I mean someone in England could have caught some fish not known it was contaminated and then sold it and caused a worldwide pandemic. Could have quite easily started in any country really. What are the Chinese laws on food safety compared to Britain?

Tell your auntie that the Chinese government has banned the eating of wild animals in the last month. So in that area they now have higher standards than us :4_joy:

9 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Tell your auntie that the Chinese government has banned the eating of wild animals in the last month. So in that area they now have higher standards than us :4_joy:

Bare in mind she once said people use to be more tolerant because they didn't call things racist like they do now days. That's what you are dealing with 🙈

Anyway what is the difference between the wet markets and the fish markets we have over here? Why are they so much more dangerous?

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Bare in mind she once said people use to be more tolerant because they didn't call things racist like they do now days. That's what you are dealing with 🙈

Anyway what is the difference between the wet markets and the fish markets we have over here? Why are they so much more dangerous?

The wet markets over there offer much more animals. Shit like camels, bats, armadillos. Things you'd never expect to eat that without washing them well could have new viruses like this one.

6 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

The wet markets over there offer much more animals. Shit like camels, bats, armadillos. Things you'd never expect to eat that without washing them well could have new viruses like this one.

Ow right. But couldn't fish be quite easily contaminated?

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ow right. But couldn't fish be quite easily contaminated?

Not too sure on how the whole terminology works to be honest, I suppose there is enough research on fish and the likes for it to be safe for consumption. I'm sure someone can correct me.

We have a lot of wet markets in Peru but we only sell things like fish, pork, meat, and other seafood options like crab or lobster. Nothing like the dangerous wet markets in China which are very vulnerable to outbreaks. Eating horse is illegal in Peru for example.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Not too sure on how the whole terminology works to be honest, I suppose there is enough research on fish and the likes for it to be safe for consumption. I'm sure someone can correct me.

We have a lot of wet markets in Peru but we only sell things like fish, pork, meat, and other seafood options like crab or lobster. Nothing like the dangerous wet markets in China which are very vulnerable to outbreaks. Eating horse is illegal in Peru for example.

Fair enough. Although really people normally just do what they are told is safe. Stupid to hate an entire nation because of it. Also they have done this for what I'm assuming is a very long time? Although they knew there were risks I don't expect they expected this to happen. I would imagine they were seen as localised risks. That's if the virus is even linked to that which experts don't appear to be shore of yet.

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Fair enough. Although really people normally just do what they are told is safe. Stupid to hate an entire nation because of it. Also they have done this for what I'm assuming is a very long time? Although they knew there were risks I don't expect they expected this to happen. I would imagine they were seen as localised risks. That's if the virus is even linked to that which experts don't appear to be shore of yet.

SARS in 2003 was due to a wet market as well apparently.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Wet markets with animals like bats and rats started in the 1970s.

8 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

SARS in 2003 was due to a wet market as well apparently.

To be honest even in Britain and the EU there are things we do all the time which aren't very hygienic. For example cloths are actually really unhygienic. You should use paper towel to whipe a food service and then throw it away. I have a food hygiene certificate that you need to work in a kitchen there are lots of common practises that are risky and some that are actually not necessary.

11 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Wet markets with animals like bats and rats started in the 1970s.

So how much blame should reasonably be attached to the average Chinese person taking into account the information that was around at the time? And also bare in mind how people tend to act when they are told things are ok and not a risk

Edited by Guest

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The only people I've seen out today, yesterday and last friday in general are over 70s. They seem to be everywhere. Stop being so fucking stubborn xD

Heard that call that's going around social media about a 75 year old not giving a fuck about spreading it, saying they've had their team and would go to the beach even if it meant they died. 

She seemed to totally gloss over the fact that she could also pass it on to people and didn't like that people were staying at home, saying they're frightened. 

Ignorant bitch! Hope she pops it because those kind of people just aren't useful in times like this. Stubborn indeed! 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

Daily increase in new cases falls again though; that's the most important stat in terms of containing the virus as it starts to look like a trend now. The number of deaths is sad but it's not a good indicator on how the virus is spreading day by day.

Yes, you are right Nudge, but the number of people dying in Italy is still shocking. The total dead in Italy because of Coronavirus now reads 6,820 people dead in total(That total is in the last month or so!)! That's more than double the total number of deaths in China because of Coronavirus and China have the most deaths after Italy. I really feel sorry for the Italians and what they are going through, so many families have sadly lost loved ones.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, you are right Nudge, but the number of people dying in Italy is still shocking. The total dead in Italy because of Coronavirus now reads 6,820 people dead in total(That total is in the last month or so!)! That's more than double the total number of deaths in China because of Coronavirus and China have the most deaths after Italy. I really feel sorry for the Italians and what they are going through, so many families have sadly lost loved ones.

It’s shocking but Nudge was saying that the patterns are looking promising for things to get better from here. Fingers crossed they do. I really hope Italy recover properly from this whole thing.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

It’s shocking but Nudge was saying that the patterns are looking promising for things to get better from here. Fingers crossed they do. I really hope Italy recover properly from this whole thing.

I understood exactly what Nudge was saying, I was just pointing out the fact that the number of people being affected by all of this in Italy is still very alarming. I personally find all of this very sad, there are large numbers of people dying prematurely because of this nasty virus. My heart really goes out to all those affected by this ongoing tragedy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Michael said:

I understood exactly what Nudge was saying, I was just pointing out the fact that the number of people being affected by all of this in Italy is still very alarming. I personally find all of this very sad, there are large numbers of people dying prematurely because of this nasty virus. My heart really goes out to all those affected by this ongoing tragedy.

I am also not sure if China is reporting the correct numbers given everything. I do believe the death count ratio though because they have good health care (for the most part) and manage their economy well.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

I am also not sure if China is reporting the correct numbers given everything. I do believe the death count ratio though because they have good health care (for the most part) and manage their economy well.

I can with certainty say they are withholding correct numbers. A chinese fellow I work with was saying through private news feeds and family he has that live there its much much worse then they where releasing. Which is hardly surprising to noone. 

Kind of reminds me of Chernobyl; having just watched it and it all still being fresh. Just the shit these communists try to keep under wraps is mind boggling, and all for the wrong reasons.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 2