talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

What's all this stuff regarding 5G? Switching 5G on is doing the damage. Apparently the reason the Chinese death toll has suddenly stopped is because they've turned 5G off....

It's a conspiracy theory. There is this guy at work who believes it

1 minute ago, nudge said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761130465fd87594f3de81

:x  Love that... 

I am just a little cog... 

There are so many people out there right now doing their best to keep going and plenty like the Health workers Hospitals and services that are getting it in the neck day after day with hardly any rest between shifts and credit to our lot and hundreds more around the world that are knocking themselves out trying to keep things running without complaint... When things turn proper shit you really do see people for what they are you know... Thankfully that's mostly decent people just trying to do their bit for the cause... 

• Upvote 3

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

7 people in Iceland who have the virus have 1 common theme... they all attended the same football game in England

Why did they all go to the shop and why are they sti- 

Oh I see...

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

:x  Love that... 

I am just a little cog... 

There are so many people out there right now doing their best to keep going and plenty like the Health workers Hospitals and services that are getting it in the neck day after day with hardly any rest between shifts and credit to our lot and hundreds more around the world that are knocking themselves out trying to keep things running without complaint... When things turn proper shit you really do see people for what they are you know... Thankfully that's mostly decent people just trying to do their bit for the cause... 

If there's anything good to come out of this whole pandemics crap then it's hopefully more appreciation and respect for people who do essential jobs that keep society running. All the little cogs that ensure the system doesn't collapse.

• Upvote 4

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Did we track the swine flu this obsessively? At what point did we realise the morbidity rate of that was super low?

Numbers were in the 90K mark for H1N1 with this thing its closer to 300K (and growing) so its getting more attention. Plus, a lot of countries sort of evaded H1N1 which is probably why it wasn't tracked as closely. 

Heres a data sheet

image.thumb.png.db276a8e15c57bc63d9d7d041efb7ca9.png

http://theconversation.com/coronavirus-what-the-2009-swine-flu-pandemic-can-tell-us-about-the-weeks-to-come-134076

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I also don't think we give enough credit to people who work in shops or supermarkets, as they still have to go about their working business, which puts them at risk of contracting the virus. They are given absolutely nowhere near the credit they deserve in society, same for the delivery driver who brought me food last night.

My sister works on the checkouts and she's been saying that staff there have had abuse and things thrown at them because they're out of stock of things like the thick fucking cunts (probably the same people) have stockpiled. 

It's absolutely pathetic really. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My sister works on the checkouts and she's been saying that staff there have had abuse and things thrown at them because they're out of stock of things like the thick fucking cunts (probably the same people) have stockpiled. 

It's absolutely pathetic really. 

It fucking annoys me the front-line staff in these places are getting the brunt of any abuse. if anything it should be the customers themselves. As if the person on the tills is responsible for ordering stock and repleneshing shelves.

It just really brings out the true colours in people at times like this.

13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Numbers were in the 90K mark for H1N1 with this thing its closer to 300K (and growing) so its getting more attention. Plus, a lot of countries sort of evaded H1N1 which is probably why it wasn't tracked as closely. 

Heres a data sheet

image.thumb.png.db276a8e15c57bc63d9d7d041efb7ca9.png

http://theconversation.com/coronavirus-what-the-2009-swine-flu-pandemic-can-tell-us-about-the-weeks-to-come-134076

I just don't recall us angling to create an economic depression rather than let the virus get a run on.

The morbidity rate in Germany of 0.4% has me thinking. They must have a much better handle on the true size of their outbreak but even that figure should be an upper bound.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Harry said:

I just don't recall us angling to create an economic depression rather than let the virus get a run on.

The morbidity rate in Germany of 0.4% has me thinking. They must have a much better handle on the true size of their outbreak but even that figure should be an upper bound.

I think the mortality rate coupled with its rate marker kind of answers all of that.

Edited by Mel81x

Just now, Rick said:

You wank off Trump like nothing else but you’re very quick to jump on Johnson’s back? 

Forever making no sense. 

I don't wank off Trump though. It's clear he's not doing a good job. I prefer him to Boris, Bolsonaro and Trudeau based off these events. Doesn't mean I think he's doing good xD

7 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I don't wank off Trump though. It's clear he's not doing a good job. I prefer him to Boris, Bolsonaro and Trudeau based off these events. Doesn't mean I think he's doing good xD

The Brazilian president is a muppet, and I have no idea what Trudeau is or isn’t doing. But Boris has had a good week, he has announced saving businesses and individuals. Announced a new scheme to help the vulnerable in the country and is doing a lot to try and aid the NHS. Not only that, but he finally introduced a lockdown. He is far from perfect, but I’m struggling to fault him at this exact moment for the decisions he is making now.  

Trump has done next to fuck all, apart from look More interested in getting the country back up and running despite the fact there is a serious pandemic going on. The fact that lockdowns haven’t been announced, they are dithering over this financial aid and him generally acting like a fucking clown about the whole thing is shocking.  

I get that you’re stuck in Peru, and maybe that is making you hate your own president, but don’t let it blind you into thinking Trump is some saviour. 

Edited by Rick

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

The Brazilian president is a muppet, and I have no idea what Trudeau is or isn’t doing. But Boris has had a good week, he has announced saving businesses and individuals. Announced a new scheme to help the vulnerable in the country and is doing a lot to try and aid the NHS. Not only that, but he finally introduced a lockdown. He is far from perfect, but I’m struggling to fault him at this exact moment for the decisions he is making now.  

Trump has done next to fuck all, apart from look More interested in getting the country back up and running despite the fact there is a serious pandemic going on. The fact that lockdowns haven’t been announced. Still dithering over this financial aid and generally acting like a fucking clown about the whole thing. 

I get that you’re stuck in Peru, and maybe that is making you hate your own president, but don’t let it blind you into thinking Trump is some saviour. 

Being stuck in Peru is one thing that's made me really lose faith in Trudeau, you're right.

However, I also think he's got no big decisions in him. He was terrified to shut the US border because of historic relations between the USA and Canada. He only did it because he mutually agreed with Trump to do it. That's just one of many examples. He just follows whatever Trump is doing really. If you see patterns between Canada and the USA in regards to coronavirus response, they are eerily similar. It's just one guy talks too much and the other one stays silent. It's a shame really because Trudeau's father Pierre was maybe the best prime minister in Canadian history. This guy is a disgrace compared to him.

I agree that Trump hasn't done a good job and I'm not suggesting he has. However, I can at least appreciate some of his decisions to at least Bolsonaro and Trudeau. I'm sure you can continue to educate me about Boris Johnson, as I only know as much as I've read. 

Edited by Inti Brian

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Good news in UK. Mass home test kits that will tell you in 15 minutes if you have it or have had it could be a week or two away. Amazon will deliver kits and chemists will sell them. Crucial to coming out of lockdown.

It's exactly what I've been working on for the last few days haha. Any idea who's the manufacturer and what kind of test it is?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's exactly what I've been working on for the last few days haha. Any idea who's the manufacturer and what kind of test it is?

Hurry up ffs

• Haha 4