talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

US has surpassed China & Italy for having most positive cases. Absolutely rocketed past in such a short amount of time.

Just a hoax though.

We should build a wall around them. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, binder said:

Why were ylu in peru in the first palce and why do you excpect o be bailed out for free?

I wasn’t expecting to be bailed out for free. We had to pay $1400 to get out. I was visiting my family.

Dont listen to Machado either. I may like being in Peru for social reasons more but there are activities in Canada and has all that nostalgia to keep me around.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

3-4% of a population in population centres, at worst, mostly the elderly. And we aren't some ancient shithole where people live on top of people like spain or italy

What are you taking about mate?

You're advocating for the "let this rip through and let people die" approach?

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not necessarily, just weighing the pros and cons

I agree that is a conversation that should be had, but I believe the economics would support the current approach taken (and that governments are already considering this type of data in the decisions they are making).

Below article is a good model albeit of the US not Australia.

In addition to the below model figures points which should be considered but aren't...

1. Covid puts around 15% in hospital, and 4% in intensive care on ventilators.

2. Morbidity rate is not fixed, it's a product of the gap between serious cases at a point in time, and the actual health care system capacity.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/25/opinion/coronavirus-trump-reopen-america.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Argentina is one case behind Peru with 589. @Berserker why do you think this is? Surprises me you have so much given we are more densely populated in places and you took the right measures just in time like us. You also have more deaths, with a better health care system than us.

10 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Argentina is one case behind Peru with 589. @Berserker why do you think this is? Surprises me you have so much given we are more densely populated in places and you took the right measures just in time like us. You also have more deaths, with a better health care system than us.

Because we receive more tourists than you, specially from Europe, and also we are one of the countries where people travel abroad the most, specially per capita, think with the dollar in it's highest ever price and with the covid there was still like 300.000 compatriots on vacation abroad, specially in Europe and US where there were a lot of infected people. In a normal year and with the economy doing normally something crazy like 10 million Argentines or more vacation abroad if i remember correctly, there's a lot of upper middle class people here who love going to Miami or Europe. And the deaths is probably because we have more old people and they went abroad, old wealthy folks go abroad a lot.

Edited by Berserker
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Because we receive more tourists than you, specially from Europe, and also we are one of the countries where people travel abroad the most, specially per capita, think with the dollar in it's highest ever price and with the covid there was still like 300.000 compatriots on vacation abroad, specially in Europe and US where there were a lot of infected people. In a normal year and with the economy doing normally something crazy like 10 million Argentines or more vacation abroad if i remember correctly, there's a lot of upper middle class people here who love going to Miami or Europe.

Yeah that’s a strong point. More capability to travel and receive tourists. Though it works both ways I think. Lima is by far the most densely populated city in South America (besides maybe São Paulo). Buenos Aires is bigger but you have the support of suburban areas. Lima on the other hand is basically 99% city. That’s the kind of place where a virus like Coronavirus thrives because it’s so easily transmissible. Just look at New York.

Why does that mousey haired little toff gimp go on television stating that people can claim this or claim that, when it's impossible to claim anything as you are in queues of 200,000 people? I could understand but all you can claim is about 74 quid. That's enough to make a man go out looting, what a joke. How are you supposed to get by? Steal and loot?

This is what this country thinks of people like myself. When I spoke of volunteering up there, well I don't know what I'd been smoking at the time, as I'd never volunteer for anything in this country. If Italy or Spain need me though, then I'm there.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

8 hours ago, Stan said:

US has surpassed China & Italy for having most positive cases. Absolutely rocketed past in such a short amount of time.

Just a hoax though.

Testing extensively is why I would say that Italy and Spain have over 100,000 cases easily. China I’d put money on 250,000 cases 

• Subscriber

I woke up this morning with a headache, coughing and feeling like shit, I can't say it's the wine I had last night as that never normally affects me the morning after but if it's that fucking virus then you can stick it, it feels like the old flu symptoms I got years ago before I started getting my yearly flu jabs.  

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Why does that mousey haired little toff gimp go on television stating that people can claim this or claim that, when it's impossible to claim anything as you are in queues of 200,000 people? I could understand but all you can claim is about 74 quid. That's enough to make a man go out looting, what a joke. How are you supposed to get by? Steal and loot?

This is what this country thinks of people like myself. When I spoke of volunteering up there, well I don't know what I'd been smoking at the time, as I'd never volunteer for anything in this country. If Italy or Spain need me though, then I'm there.

DWP isn't going to be able to process all UC claims overnight. There are 500k applicants and they've processed 100k in a day. They're reallocating 10,000 staff and hiring a further 1500 but that will take time. The queue probably doesn't really matter anyhow. You won't be paid for 5 weeks from the date you ask the claim period to start from so it doesn't matter if you get through now or in 1 week.

Those on SA whose work has dried up are entitled up to £2500 a month for the next 3 months. The caveat is that it will be paid in a lump sum in June/July. Those who don't have rainy day funds will need UC and overdrafts to get to that date.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I woke up this morning with a headache, coughing and feeling like shit, I can't say it's the wine I had last night as that never normally affects me the morning after but if it's that fucking virus then you can stick it, it feels like the old flu symptoms I got years ago before I started getting my yearly flu jabs.  

Hope it's not the virus but get well soon nonetheless. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Hope it's not the virus but get well soon nonetheless. 

Cheers @Stan  :ay:

I am reverting back to when I had the flu before jabs and sweat the bastard off, I have 2 hoodie jumpers on, 2 tracksuit bottoms and a blanket wrapped around me, I feel like a bloody Eskimo, the wife gave me some hot honey and I will rub some Vicks on my throat and chest if it is that virus it won't beat an old warhorse like me lol.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Remember loads of people get ill this time of the year because of the change in weather. Is getting warmer now.

Get well soon.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I' me hanging out ok, just crashed out on the sofa for about an hour or so that helped but this virus thing if it is that is like having the flu before I had my yearly flu jab and I got the flu it would knock me for six with symptoms just like this, headache, coughing, sweating, my body aching all over, lucky we have our son staying with us but he has hibernated into the bedroom so he does not come near me.

• Sad 1