talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

27 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

There's no better time to blame them. People around the world are dying, people's mental health is deteriorating, there is a heavy strain on the world's health care systems, everybody is falling out, arguing and fighting, there is already a shortage of things, it's such an awfully embarassing experience to go shopping that you end up not bothering and by the end of this there will be people who are financially fucked after spending money they work hard as fuck to save up for. It's going to take people back years and years. 

It's alright for introverts who can work from home, this may be a dream for them but not everyone is in the same boat and this is going to seriously impact some people's lives. 

No better time to blame them, they've single handedly destroyed people's livelihoods and It's all their fault. It's easy to blame X and Y country for not acting sooner, although it should have never come to this in the beginning. To make it worse, they've gone from blaming the US navy, to Italians, to referring to Europeans as "foreign garbage" in their media, enticing hate.

If China aren't by far and wide the most hated country in the world, then they should be. Biggest threat to the world since Nazi Germany.

Just wait til this really takes off in Africa and it starts ripping through the continent killing sick children. Communist scum. Everyone should close their boarders to them forever.

But I'm not saying anything else as it only winds me up and makes me more agitated and angry than I am.

Maybe at the level of people who can't impact the situation there is some therapy in focusing the anger, but it would be unproductive for any of our world leadership to be fixating on the China aspect while there is an urgent need to be responding to the situation in their own country.

The appropriate investigative agencies should be focused on collecting evidence and fact finding, but it will be used down the road. The leadership should just be doing everything they can to help and avoid deflecting blame for any political reason. Be accountable. Get shit done. Move heaven and earth for your people. That's what I'm expecting of my political leaders.

• Upvote 1

Good bye cruel world.  After being in self isolation for the past three weeks, with my wife, up in our cottage about 100km  north of the city, I have returned to the big city.  I probably went out two or three times to get food and booze while up there, so more or less we really were in isolation, saw the odd person while dog walking, a neighbour once came over while we had a fire, but was metres away, so really we were self isolated.  My wife has stayed up there in the land of slow speed satellite internet (10mps) and non city treated water, really outside of that, we have everything there we have here and it is much nicer scenery, on a lake in the mountains etc

I dunno three weeks, alone, together and our drinking sessions were turning kinda ugly, not divorce ugly, but ugly none the less.  I  dont have to come into town as a low level manager and the company has not told us to, in fact quite the opposite. My wife does not need to come in as a mid level civil servant and has no desire to do so.  I do have a bunch of new hires starting this week and I need to give them equipment and training, though I could defer that to my current hires, but I dont want to be like my upper mid level managers and hide.  I like to think I am healthy and wont die from the flu, dont think I actually ever had the flu in my life?

Anyhow, I am sure there are others out there who are getting  crazy locked up alone and yes, I know it is for the better good, but mental health is something to be considered as well.  I dont know the story with the Finance Minister guy, sounds like there is probably more to it, but mental issue are real. 

Man, Gonna feel so fricking weird wearing a mask.

52 minutes ago, Rab said:

As an introvert that was working from home before Covid-19, this is hardly a dream.

I can't visit my family, i can't visit my fiancee's family, i can't go to the cinema, i can't go to the shops without waiting in a queue, i can't go for a walk without being quarantine shamed (this has happened twice despite my fiancee and I living together...), I can't watch football, the only gig I had planned for this year and was really looking forward to has been cancelled.

Woo, fun dream.

You can still make money though mate. You aren't having to wait in a queue of 500,000 people simply to claim 74 quid a week as if you were a smack addict. Nobody wants to spend their savings taking them back years when others doing the same job receive 80% simply because they are paid differently.

You just brought up another point there though to add to the flame:- no sport. There will also be no traveling for a while, pretty much nothing at all.

We are in the same boat. However making money is a big deal mate and it's easy to be calm if you're still earning.

I would personally say I was in-between an introvert and extrovert these days. In the past it would have been the latter category I'd have fallen into, although it's more in-between nowadays. In terms of working life though, it's the latter. So it's not all money but having that routine to stop you from losing the plot.

As for being quarantine shamed, fuck those people mate.

8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Germany considering making face masks mandatory when lockdown is over.

I've cut a small hole in mine so I can smoke while wearing it :ph34r:

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Austria has made face masks compulsory in super markets.

Is it really airborne in normal conditions ?

It can go airborne in certain specific settings; so far it has only been observed in medical care facilities during aerosol-generating procedures. Under normal every day conditions it mainly spreads via droplets.

It's also mandatory here now since last week.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I see that BrightHouse has collapsed. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52090976

Feel sorry for the general staff but the actual chain itself gets no sympathy from me. 

Similar sentiments as you. 

They've absolutely ruined some customers I've worked with and some stories I've heard are terrible. 

• Subscriber

I find this strange. So many cases in the UK yet have asked the same question to about 60 people. They don't know anyone who has it and people they know don't know people with it either.

My mate who's GF is a carer. She manages 40 other carers and 300 people who are elderly. These are high risk yet she said none of them have it.

My next door neighbour. His daughter is a nurse. She's been told not to try resuscitating anybody over the age of 60.

Something is odd out there.

9 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I find this strange. So many cases in the UK yet have asked the same question to about 60 people. They don't know anyone who has it and people they know don't know people with it either.

My mate who's GF is a carer. She manages 40 other carers and 300 people who are elderly. These are high risk yet she said none of them have it.

My next door neighbour. His daughter is a nurse. She's been told not to try resuscitating anybody over the age of 60.

The uncle of someone I know died this weekend from coronavirus. In his 50s, no underlying health conditions.

The cases we have are largely only people who needed emergency care. They'll not test anyone else.

Are you based in the North West?

Manchester has 91 cases

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ae5dda8f86814ae99dde905d2a9070ae

17 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I'd imagine you don't know about because the people with it are most likely self isolating away from the rest of the world. It also says Manchester has 91 (0.46% of total) confirmed cases (assuming you're in Manchester) which is a very small number of people when you consider the size of Manchester.

You know, fuck all this “allowed out to exercise” bollocks. No. You should only be out to shop for essentials or to take your dog for a walk. If you’re caught out jogging without a dog then you should be given 50 lashes. 

The number of cunts running up and down my street is beyond a joke. Wouldn’t think we are under a lockdown. Bunch of bastards, exercise at home!!

• Upvote 1