talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Trump has said medical workers are stealing masks because they are ordering so many more. Seriously what does this guy have to do before his supporters will realise he is a cunt 

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

One can exercise at home.

If everyone or even a sizeable number of folks think about going out to exercise or a walk, you are actually defeating the purpose of the lockdown.

Only and only step out to get groceries or for an emergency. Otherwise stay inside in your fucking houses.

Some lockdowns aren't full and are only partial though. 

I think going outdoors and being able to have that 'freedom' is a good thing with the rules and conditions in place to be 2m apart. Being outside has so many advantages and being able to be our and about for an hour can help massively in overcoming the negative side of being isolated inside. 

You can be in lockdown and still be able to be distant from people while walking around/jogging/running while outside. They're not mutually exclusive (in UK, anyway). Just need a bit of self-discipline and awareness. Some governments have set different levels of strictness on what you can go out for. A lockdown in India is not (I think) the same as a lockdown here in UK. 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Some lockdowns aren't full and are only partial though. 

I think going outdoors and being able to have that 'freedom' is a good thing with the rules and conditions in place to be 2m apart. Being outside has so many advantages and being able to be our and about for an hour can help massively in overcoming the negative side of being isolated inside. 

You can be in lockdown and still be able to be distant from people while walking around/jogging/running while outside. They're not mutually exclusive (in UK, anyway). Just need a bit of self-discipline and awareness. Some governments have set different levels of strictness on what you can go out for. A lockdown in India is not (I think) the same as a lockdown here in UK. 

We can talk about the merits of breaks. However, only thing matters and that is common everywhere across the world.

People are not disciplined or even willing to use their common sense. And you only need a few like them to ruin it for everyone.

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

One can exercise at home.

If everyone or even a sizeable number of folks think about going out to exercise or a walk, you are actually defeating the purpose of the lockdown.

Only and only step out to get groceries or for an emergency. Otherwise stay inside in your fucking houses.

Fuck off. You cant walk properly or run outside. Do you know how detrimental sitting around all day is for your posture without walking and stretching to balance it out?
And again. Mental health. There's a huge difference between never stepping outside and getting even an hour of open world and sunlight. 

As long as you aren't congregating or directly breathing on everyone else, no harm no foul

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

We can talk about the merits of breaks. However, only thing matters and that is common everywhere across the world.

People are not disciplined or even willing to use their common sense. And you only need a few like them to ruin it for everyone.

But people are disciplined? People are willing to use common sense. And yes a few ruin it for others but the few do not represent the rest of the country who are willing to abide by the rules and do what's required. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

But people are disciplined? People are willing to use common sense. And yes a few ruin it for others but the few do not represent the rest of the country who are willing to abide by the rules and do what's required. 

The last two times I went out was only to do the shopping. The streets are obviously much emptier than usual, however I have noticed that a lot of people are not practicing social distancing. As I was walking to the supermarket, I found myself moving to keep my distance from people as most others weren't doing this.

What's worse is that I have seen an unusual increase in the numbers of joggers on the streets. I understand the need to exercise, but anyone who does so should be sensible about it. I encountered joggers twice today when I went out. With the first jogger, he came up from behind me and I only heard his heavy breathing down my neck at the last minute before he overtook me. He was literally barely a foot away from me as he jogged past. 

With the second incident, I saw a couple of joggers jogging side by side and this time as I could see them coming, I deliberately stopped and kept my distance to allow them to jog past. Most people are wearing masks here(the joggers weren't wearing masks), but many don't seem to be  practicing social distancing.

Admittedly I am not in the UK right now, but I have heard from friends and family that a lot of people are not taking this seriously enough. Even from what I see on the UK news online, the situation doesn't fill me with confidence. Up until recently the pubs were packed and the London underground was full of commuters crammed in the tube like sardines in a tin can. The idiots may be in the minority, but it seems like they are in a large minority from the evidence that I have observed.

• January 19: 100 Cases
  • January 24: 1,000 Cases
  • February 12: 50,000 Cases
  • March 6: 100,000 Cases
  • March 18: 200,000 Cases
  • March 21: 300,000 Cases
  • March 24: 400,000 Cases
  • March 26: 500,000 Cases
  • March 28: 600,000 Cases
  • March 29: 700,000 Cases

Today the US hit 145k cases, that was the global total only 17 days ago (March 13)

I think people that are unexpectedly moved from an overlooked job to considered essential because they work at the shops they sell our essential goods deserve hazard pay. While the rest of us are told to stay home, they’ve got to come in contact with everyone sick or not and sell us food and other day to day shit so that we can carry on.

It's interesting how some forces are dealing with the new powers they have been given and how some are overdoing it... 

Police chiefs are drawing up new guidance warning forces not to overreach their lockdown enforcement powers after withering criticism of controversial tactics to stop the spread of coronavirus, the Guardian has learned.

The intervention comes amid growing concern that some forces are going beyond their legal powers to stop the spread of Covid-19, with one On Monday, former supreme court justice Lord Sumption said that excessive measures were in danger of turning Britain into a “police state”, singling out Derbyshire police – which deployed drones and dyed the Blue Lagoon near Buxton black to make it less appealing – for “trying to shame people in using their undoubted right to take exercise in the country and wrecking beauty spots in the fells”.issuing a summons to a household for shopping for non-essential items and another telling locals that exercise was “limited to an hour a day”.

The Guardian has learned that the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) and College of Policing are rushing through guidance reminding officers that despite politicians’ warnings they cannot bar people from going for a run or a drive.

It will state that while certain actions such as driving to exercise may be unwise, they are not prohibited by the emergency powers, according to sources with knowledge of detailed discussions. It is also expected to conclude the law does not restrict people to exercising outside only once a day.

Senior police commanders are understood to have been concerned over how the unprecedented powers were being implemented in their first few days by some forces, with Lancashire police issuing 123 enforcement notices since Thursday and Bedfordshire police issuing none.

The guidance contrasts with local police actions that have ranged from Derbyshire Police filming dogwalkers in the Peak District with a drone to officers telling a shop to stop selling Easter eggs.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think people that are unexpectedly moved from an overlooked job to considered essential because they work at the shops they sell our essential goods deserve hazard pay. While the rest of us are told to stay home, they’ve got to come in contact with everyone sick or not and sell us food and other day to day shit so that we can carry on.

This right here. It won't happen of course and all they'll get is a few cheers and hoorahs from the government for being around when all this went down. Delivery folks should also get a raise imo because it's extremely dangerous for them.

Edited by Mel81x

8 hours ago, Stan said:

A few are good enough to spread this shit everywhere. Case in point South Korea's patient number 31. One individual caused pandemonium. So, it doesn't really matter if the others behave accordingly. 

That is my point.

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fuck off. You cant walk properly or run outside. Do you know how detrimental sitting around all day is for your posture without walking and stretching to balance it out?
And again. Mental health. There's a huge difference between never stepping outside and getting even an hour of open world and sunlight. 

As long as you aren't congregating or directly breathing on everyone else, no harm no foul

Again read what I have written. It's not about people who have common sense and who will take precaution or follow the rules. It's about that one idiot, or few and not the many.

2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

A few are good enough to spread this shit everywhere. Case in point South Korea's patient number 31. One individual caused pandemonium. So, it doesn't really matter if the others behave accordingly. 

That is my point.

Again read what I have written. It's not about people who have common sense and who will take precaution or follow the rules. It's about that one idiot, or few and not the many.

No. you blanket said stay at home.

The virus has reached Salluit in Nunavik. How has it gotten there? xD

I get Nunavut because it has a bigger population and is connected to Ottawa but yet they don't have any cases while Nunavik just got their first case. Random.

17 hours ago, MUFC said:

Can I ask anyone reading this? Does anyone know of anybody they personally know who has the virus?

It's not been confirmed because she's not part of the Royal family, although my sister was showing and still is showing symptoms. The main ones being coughing, loss of taste and smell.

9 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

:dam:

Yes, because a few idiots are good enough to screw us all.

People should ONLY be allowed out to get groceries, medicines or for an emergency. Not for walks or exercise.

FUCK OFF

Look at my earlier comments about, mental health, physical health and posture. 
You're asking people to get fat, depressed and lumbar pain, when people can so easily avoid those things with an hour outside every day, never coming within a meter of others. Theres a reason EVERY western government is allowing outside exercise time. How fucking dystopian a world do you want to live in you fucking prat?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Evening Standard

A motorist offered a novel excuse for flouting coronavirus lockdown rules when confronted by police in Cardiff. Pulled over by patrol officers, the man argued his journey was "essential" because he "had to buy weed", police said.

Edited by Bluewolf