talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

FUCK OFF

Look at my earlier comments about, mental health, physical health and posture. 
You're asking people to get fat, depressed and lumbar pain, when people can so easily avoid those things with an hour outside every day, never coming within a meter of others. Theres a reason EVERY western government is allowing outside exercise time. How fucking dystopian a world do you want to live in you fucking prat?

Does it make you feel cool by being abusive, cause it definitely doesn't make your point more correct?

Beyond that, I stand by what I have said. You CAN exercise inside your homes. This LITTLE sacrifice is necessary. Maybe for a fortnight or a month. And it is way, way, way little than what the healthcare workers and cops are doing, who are actually putting their lives on the line. Or even the guys supplying essential goods.

We are in an unprecedented situation. It's not my fault if you, and the few others who fancy a walk, can't comprehend. 

That's my last word on it. You are free to believe and do what you want.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Does it make you feel cool by being abusive, cause it definitely doesn't make your point more correct?

Beyond that, I stand by what I have said. You CAN exercise inside your homes. This LITTLE sacrifice is necessary. Maybe for a fortnight or a month. And it is way, way, way little than what the healthcare workers and cops are doing, who are actually putting their lives on the line. Or even the guys supplying essential goods.

We are in an unprecedented situation. It's not my fault if you, and the few others who fancy a walk, can't comprehend. 

Why the comparison to healthcare workers/cops etc?

Bit extreme.

We can comprehend where you're coming from, but just plainly disagree :what:.

Being able to go outside is a welcome option. For all the reasons @Devil-Dick Willie mentioned (not the abuse xD). Yes you can exercise inside homes - I don't think anyone denies that. But being able to go out and about has its clear advantages. Taking away those freedoms for a certain amount of time (even a fortnight is a long time) can have detrimental effects on mental welfare. Fine if you want to exercise and maintain the physical well-being but mentally it's good to get out and about every once in a while.  

18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Evening Standard

A motorist offered a novel excuse for flouting coronavirus lockdown rules when confronted by police in Cardiff. Pulled over by patrol officers, the man argued his journey was "essential" because he "had to buy weed", police said.

@Bluebird Hewitt did you get arrested in the end?

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why the comparison to healthcare workers/cops etc?

Bit extreme.

We can comprehend where you're coming from, but just plainly disagree :what:.

Being able to go outside is a welcome option. For all the reasons @Devil-Dick Willie mentioned (not the abuse xD). Yes you can exercise inside homes - I don't think anyone denies that. But being able to go out and about has its clear advantages. Taking away those freedoms for a certain amount of time (even a fortnight is a long time) can have detrimental effects on mental welfare. Fine if you want to exercise and maintain the physical well-being but mentally it's good to get out and about every once in a while.  

The comparison was done because your actions DIRECTLY affects them. It's the doctors and cops who will get infected and may lose their lives. It's not extreme.

Anyways, as I said above, people who want to go out for walks or exercise, something which they very well can do inside their homes for a fortnight or a month during a catastrophic pandemic, can continue to do so. Except it doesn't help the cause.

And before this turns into a debate that goes round and round, I know you guys are speaking for the good guys who will follow rules, and I am speaking about the few idiots who ruin it for everyone.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

The comparison was done because your actions DIRECTLY affects them. It's the doctors and cops who will get infected and may lose their lives. It's not extreme.

Anyways, as I said above, people who want to go out for walks or exercise, something which they very well can do inside their homes for a fortnight or a month during a catastrophic pandemic, can continue to do so. Except it doesn't help the cause.

And before this turns into a debate that goes round and round, I know you guys are speaking for the good guys who will follow rules, and I am speaking about the few idiots who ruin it for everyone.

The few idiots are just that though. A few. The very small minority. It makes the news because it's the story to grab attention. 

Despite their actions, the government rules for the lockdown state we can go out and about for up to an hour a day, maintain social distance but not meet up with friends or family of a different household. I think that's quite clear? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Unless you live in a mansion you can't go for a walk inside your home. I am also a supplier of essential goods, and a healthcare worker. So don't talk to me about making little sacrifices. 
I am a healthcare worker, and a PT. You clearly have 0 understanding of the impact of exercise both as a tool to improve physical and mental health, but also our need to exercise to remain functioning physically. 
Not to mention the mental health benefits of just being outside, much less exercising
Not to mention the implications of a government enforced curfew where all citizens must remain indoors at all times in spite of their being no immediate danger outside.  

You're almost laughably hysterical in the face of what is a very simple obstacle to overcome, with minimal but crucial behavioural changes. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

The few idiots are just that though. A few. The very small minority. It makes the news because it's the story to grab attention. 

Despite their actions, the government rules for the lockdown state we can go out and about for up to an hour a day, maintain social distance but not meet up with friends or family of a different household. I think that's quite clear? 

Again repeating what I said before.

Patient 31 from South Korea. Just one idiot.

A single patient here in Kasagord ended up endangering 1500 people, of which 40+ ended up being infected. Currently entire districts are placed under isolation because of him.

So, yeah, a few idiots are just that. They didn't come out seeking attention. They came out because they could.

@Devil-Dick Willie

I don't live in a mansion. Probably a smaller place than yours. But even forget about that. There are families here of 8-10 living inside 200 squarefeet homes. Even they understand the implications. 

Anyways, carry on you two. We aren't going to change each other minds.

• Administrator

At least the goats get to have a good time!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52103967

A herd of goats has taken over a deserted town centre, eating hedges and flowers from gardens.

Usually, the wild herd of about 122 Kashmiri goats venture from the Great Orme into Llandudno during bad weather.

But town councillor Carol Marubbi believes the lack of people around because of coronavirus has drawn them down.

"They are curious, goats are, and I think they are wondering what's going on like everybody else," she said.

The goats - some of which have recently had kids - have been spotted ni

She said everyone in Llandudno was "very proud" of the animals and they had been providing "free entertainment" to people from their windows.

"There are very few visitors on the top [of the Orme], so they have come down in their droves," she said.

"There isn't anyone else around so they probably decided they may as well take over."

_111482448_b37d9fe8-27cc-4037-af52-48008

_111482445_mediaitem111482354.jpg

• Upvote 1

@Devil-Dick Willie was also open to the idea of sacrificing the elderly to save the economy. And has also admitted that he has continued to use his local (small, not that it makes a pick of difference) gym along with a few others. So yeah, clearly not followed the rules himself so far, and gets abusive real quick to sombody who is concerned about the few idiots that are putting everybody at risk. But yeah, @IgnisExcubitor is the person in the wrong here 9_9

The fact of the matter is that everybody isn't following the fucking rules, and whether you say its "only a few" doesnt make a difference. The few who are ignoring the rules and guidelines are gonna mke it harder for us to get through. The pandemic will last longer, and the health services are at more risk of collapsing under pressure.

So you can take your walk, run or biking and shove it. If you cant exercise at home for 2, maybe 4 weeks, to try and defeat this shit then you are selfish.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Rick said:

@Devil-Dick Willie was also open to the idea of sacrificing the elderly to save the economy. And has also admitted that he has continued to use his local (small, not that it makes a pick of difference) gym along with a few others. So yeah, clearly not followed the rules himself so far, and gets abusive real quick to sombody who is concerned about the few idiots that are putting everybody at risk. But yeah, @IgnisExcubitor is the person in the wrong here 9_9

The fact of the matter is that everybody isn't following the fucking rules, and whether you say its "only a few" doesnt make a difference. The few who are ignoring the rules and guidelines are gonna mke it harder for us to get through. The pandemic will last longer, and the health services are at more risk of collapsing under pressure.

So you can take your walk, run or biking and shove it. If you cant exercise at home for 2, maybe 4 weeks, to try and defeat this shit then you are selfish.

I agree with this. The quicker people enact the rules, the sooner we can go back to some level of normality and 'freedom'.

I live in a quiet village though where it is possible to be out and about and avoid people (at length, anyway). So I will continue to do this as I'm allowed, per se. 

I don't believe in going gyms (wasn't aware DDW was still doing that) as it is more difficult to maintain that social distancing in this time.

• Administrator

I like this:

The fact they'd regularly meet anyway, but highlighted even more so now in current situation!

10061a1e-3cb5-4172-a5f2-3af348dc17d5.jpg

Inga Rasmussen from Denmark and Karsten Tüchsen Hansen from Germany – aged 85 and 89, respectively – meet daily on the border near the town of Aventoft to chat and eat.

Rasmussen drives to the border from her town of Gallehus, while Hansen rides his bike from Süderlügum. The pair have tried to meet daily since the shutdown, and speak on the phone often.

"It's sad but we can't change it," Rasmussen told German public broadcaster Deutsche Welle.

The pair first met two years ago, and for more than a year have spent nearly every day together.

He will sometimes have a glass of schnapps during their meeting, but Ms Rasmussen sticks to coffee. “After all, I have to drive a car,” she told Danish newspaper Der Nordschleswiger.

(Inga/@nudge is it you?)

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I like this:

The fact they'd regularly meet anyway, but highlighted even more so now in current situation!

10061a1e-3cb5-4172-a5f2-3af348dc17d5.jpg

(Inga/@nudge is it you?)

Yes. I tried to get Karsten join the forum too but the silly old bastard won't do it. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I agree as I just train in my garage in the garden. If you want fresh air etc, do that each day via grocery shopping.

But I'll say one thing. If you think even if the rules are followed. This will last 2-4 weeks, you got another thing coming. This lockdown will last at least 2/3 months.

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I agree as I just train in my garage in the garden. If you want fresh air etc, do that each day via grocery shopping.

But I'll say one thing. If you think even if the rules are followed. This will last 2-4 weeks, you got another thing coming. This lockdown will last at least 2/3 months.

No I dont think this will be over in 2-4 weeks. I'm talking about trying to flatten the curve of the spread.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, MUFC said:

Shopping each day is not required nor is it advisable. Should go to shops as infrequently as possible to avoid the social crowding in shops etc. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rick said:

I literally raised a topic of interest and now all of a sudden I, an aged carer since age 20 am "Open to the idea of sacrificing the elderly to save the economy"

You're a fucking melt. 

PS. The rules say you can go outside to exercise, so shove it cunt. The governments of the world know better than you.

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I literally raised a topic of interest and now all of a sudden I, an aged carer since age 20 am "Open to the idea of sacrificing the elderly to save the economy"

You're a fucking melt. 

You actually said you were raising it for discussion,  weighing up the "pro's & cons" so dont try and back track. You even argued points FOR it.

And you said you were still going to the gym TWO DAYS after the lockdown started.

Edited by Rick