talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber

4053 new cases and 837 new deaths in Italy, the number of new ICU admissions finally drops in Lombardy. The numbers are still staggering...but hopefully they´re past the peak now.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

:( do you live on your own?

Yes. The issue is I have anxiety and depression anyway. Sometimes I get overwhelmed very easily which is the problem I am having at the moment. The lack of contact with people and boredom isn't helping 

55 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yes. The issue is I have anxiety and depression anyway. Sometimes I get overwhelmed very easily which is the problem I am having at the moment. The lack of contact with people and boredom isn't helping 

Can't you facetime/skype with friends or something? It's not the same as in reality but still social interaction.

Our biggest jump in cases today, thanks to the religious congregation of Tablighi Jamaat held in March in Delhi. Foreign preachers involved, some of whom have returned to their own countries like Indonesia, Philippines, etc. While the followers have returned to their states and spread the virus further. Considering the function was attended by more than 2000 people, most of whom have returned to their homes, the fallout from this will be huge.

I believe a similar thing is unfolding in Pakistan with Tablighi Jamaat. In fact I read that a Pakistani cop was stabbed there by a member of this group when the cop tried to prevent the guy from leaving quarantine.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Our biggest jump in cases today, thanks to the religious congregation of Tablighi Jamaat held in March in Delhi. Foreign preachers involved, some of whom have returned to their own countries like Indonesia, Philippines, etc. While the followers have returned to their states and spread the virus further. Considering the function was attended by more than 2000 people, most of whom have returned to their homes, the fallout from this will be huge.

I believe a similar thing is unfolding in Pakistan with Tablighi Jamaat. In fact I read that a Pakistani cop was stabbed there by a member of this group when the cop tried to prevent the guy from leaving quarantine.

I get this weird feeling that we're ending the lockdown right around the time the infection is going to start its climb to peak. What happens after that is anyones guess but I am thinking its going to get a lot worse for us as  country unless we start taking measures to curtail the spread now. 

I'm pretty sure I have it. I've not had a fever, just a sore throat for a few days, but after I walk up the stairs in my house I breathe heavily. Either I have it or I'm being paranoid and just paying more attention to my breathing than usual.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I'm pretty sure I have it. I've not had a fever, just a sore throat for a few days, but after I walk up the stairs in my house I breathe heavily. Either I have it or I'm being paranoid and just paying more attention to my breathing than usual.

A fever is common for COVID I thought so not sure you may have it just yet? Hope you don't get it mate!

23 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I get this weird feeling that we're ending the lockdown right around the time the infection is going to start its climb to peak. What happens after that is anyones guess but I am thinking its going to get a lot worse for us as  country unless we start taking measures to curtail the spread now. 

I personally know one Shiva Sena MLA's PA. He told me that the lockdown isn't ending at least until April end. However, the government will refuse to admit that now so early, as we saw in yesterday's press release from central government, when rumours of extension of lockout were quickly quashed. Our numbers are just starting to increase and we will see the worst this month. No way we will end the lockdown on 14th. Keeping everyone home is only chance.

On a side note, hope your family and relatives in Goa are doing well. Apparently, the CM's handling there has been the worst. Which idiot keeps stores open for only 3 days a week. Here in Mumbai, shops are being allowed to remain open 24/7. I don'tknow whether the rule in Goa has changed, but I am hearing bad things about lack of groceries from Goa. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

17 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Seek advice from a professional from your local helpline. Think they will give you the best advice, or at least calm your nerves if isn't Corona. Also, take care.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm starting to get to breaking point now. No contact with people for two weeks not sure how much more I can do it. :(

You'll get through it mate. We all will. One day we'll look back amazed at our individual and collective resilience.

But mate I'd also urge you to maximise the contact you can get within the bounds of the law. Use video chats with anyone instead of phone or message based contacts. Get out of your house for exercise as much as you can. Keep your distance, but outside in fresh air you are very safe and you can still talk to people from a safe distance. 

All the best.

• Administrator

Robert Peston's tweets are interesting tonight.

Michael Gove said in today's daily update that the difficulty in increasing number of tests was due to shortage of chemical reagents.

Peston contacted Chemical Industries Association, responsible for UK chemical industries, and they said there is no shortage of relevant reagents. The Association then contacted Gove's office as they were confused and 'stumped'. CIA also said they chatted with a business minister today and there was no attempt made to find out if there was a supply problem.

So is Gove lying? Has there been some miscommunication or confusion? If there is a shortage, companies and/or CIA could increase production but apparently they've not been asked by the government to do so.

Is it all part of trying to keep cases down by not mass testing, despite commitments made to carry out 10k tests per day. I believe Boris said up to 25k tests will be done per day as well by end of April...

• Subscriber

This is happening on an almost daily basis, politicians coming out with some facts or vague plans that they're putting in place and it being proven wrong by the industries they've been "talking to" within minutes.

Honestly now that the social distancing/lockdown/school closure rules are no longer being reviewed on a daily basis I think they can stick a pin in the daily news conferences for a couple of weeks until they have something tangible to tell us.

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It’s so shit that internet interaction with people doesn’t really match with face to face interaction.

• Subscriber

8 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I have asthma and COPD and take pumps for them but every now & then I can get out of breath and I will then do what my doc/nurse & daughter told me to do is sit down, relax and do deep breathing exercises for a couple of minutes and that should help, 4 days ago I woke up with a sore throat, headache and my body aching and thought I hope I have not got this fucker.

The wife told our daughter who told the wife to take my temperature the way she showed her with a thermometer we keep here that the daughter gave us for the grandson if needed if we were babysitting, I felt a right prick with the thermometer stuck under my arm and then the wife was reading it out over the phone to our daughter who said it's only slightly over but keep a check and Pops, don't you DARE go out that fucking door and sleep separately from mum tonight.....yes dear daughter, cough, coughxD

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

@CaaC (John) how are you feeling? 

Ok buddy, keeping myself fit for the fight in the Mafia Game coming up, I will be watching you Cliff  :117_eyes:

Managed to go out yesterday I had been stuck indoors for a week and it was driving me round the twist, went up Iceland pensioner hour and picked up what we needed (home delivery) then headed back home, our son has handed his taxi back in for now because of the petrol costs etc and the fares were pretty bad too, he was lucky if he had one fare all-day but he is helping out a lot because he is staying here and will be up early and do some more shopping for us.

Still coughing a wee bit but my body has stopped aching, no headaches, I normally get up around 04.30 and take my medicine which includes paracetamol and our daughter has told me to take 2 teaspoons full of honey in the morning she gave us for the grandson, she swears by that and it's quite tasty too, the paracetamol helps a lot.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

On a side note, hope your family and relatives in Goa are doing well. Apparently, the CM's handling there has been the worst. Which idiot keeps stores open for only 3 days a week. Here in Mumbai, shops are being allowed to remain open 24/7. I don'tknow whether the rule in Goa has changed, but I am hearing bad things about lack of groceries from Goa. 

They're fine for now and yes Goa has handled this the worst. The fact that people were almost without supplies for a week or a way to get them was ludicrous. I even heard that the CPRF were lathi charging people in yards when they went to ask for where to get supplies. Luckily things have gotten a lot better now but Pramod is a grade A cunt and this just shows how inept he has been since the start of this whole lockdown. 

Today, I am hearing news that liquor outlets in Bangalore have opened up. I can of course confirm this because yesterday the entire neighborhood was a ghost-town and today theres a lot of activity and its kids on bikes.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s so shit that internet interaction with people doesn’t really match with face to face interaction.

Most of the time that's a good thing. I always want society to be founded upon humans interacting with each other preferentially face to face.