talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB2GhvPo5CidCoQohgu32

I hope everyone seeing that just tells them its all good eat all the weird shit you want and we're just going to close any air, sea or road traffic out of your country indefinitely. 

9 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The tube is supposed to be for hospital staff only.

Let's be honest when you see things like this it makes a mockery of the isolation rules.... To think that people get upset at seeing a few people out jogging or walking their dogs a full road width away from each other then you see this going on every single day... Shutting down London Transport is the only way to stop this but without it we are in a different world of hurt... 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Let's be honest when you see things like this it makes a mockery of the isolation rules.... To think that people get upset at seeing a few people out jogging or walking their dogs a full road width away from each other then you see this going on every single day... Shutting down London Transport is the only way to stop this but without it we are in a different world of hurt... 

Don't think you can shut it down without impacting the staff of essential services. What you could have are hospital IDs or government letters for getting into central London.

Buses need to continue though, people like me are a 40 minute walk to the supermarket, can't get back with a weekly shop without the bus. 

America resetting expectations now around this after today's press conference.

Suggesting the best case scenario now with successful intervention is 100k to 250k deaths peaking at 3.5k deaths a day, compared with 1.5-2.2M if no interventions were taken.

46 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Don't think you can shut it down without impacting the staff of essential services. What you could have are hospital IDs or government letters for getting into central London.

Buses need to continue though, people like me are a 40 minute walk to the supermarket, can't get back with a weekly shop without the bus. 

That's what I meant by a different world of hurt, shutting it down stops those that really need to be going to work and I wonder how many of those people are doing essential jobs??? The only way ID would work though is to have every station entrance manned by troops who check each person before they travel and that would take a huge amount of manpower but would be a very good use of resources if it stopped people from being there if they didn't need to be... Also they could set up local temp housing or accommodation for Health Workers nearer the Hospitals and Clinics where they are working also reducing the need for travel perhaps... Either way you look at it it's a logistical nightmare and I appreciate that people doing that frontline work in Hospitals are probably only too grateful for getting some much needed shuteye in their own homes so local accommodation would not be for all given the length of time we are looking at here.. 

Ever since yesterdays press conference there has been a flurry of articles about testing. 

None of which make SAGE look good. Lockdown was the result of backlash against SAGE putting pressure on the government and testing will go down the same path.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Links to the Peston tweets I brought up yesterday. UK firms not being asked by government for testing kits so they'll take their business elsewhere.

It's like the government choosing Dyson to make/produce ventilators for use when there are apparently UK-based companies who make ventilators for a living not being asked to produce them for NHS use...

A single event is going to be responsible for the spread of this disease in this country, and make a mockery of the lockdown.

Worse is reading about authorities, who are tracing these idiots, being attacked by these very same idiots and their families. One cop was even shot at.

@nudge I'm not sure if this is politically correct but I'm gonna ask anyway. What is it about Germans and efficiency? There's always the expression German efficiency but it does seem to be true. Is it a cultural thing why is Germany seemingly more efficient than most countries? 

By the way the reason this is linked to the thread is because Germany seemed to have controlled the virus better than most countries it's not a completely random question.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

538 more deaths today in the UK.

Gone from being a week or so behind France on daily deaths to suddenly being a day behind.

Why the sudden and sharp increase?

The effects of not having enough equipment to test etc?

Only 2,000 NHS staff tested for coronavirus out of 1,300,000 workforce

The government has confirmed that so far, only 2,000 NHS staff have been tested for coronavirus. To put that in context, there are 1.3 million full-time equivalent staff working for NHS England. This means that just over 0.15% of the NHS workforce has so far been tested for the virus that its workers are putting their lives at risk to treat.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/01/2000-nhs-staff-tested-coronavirus-1300000-workforce-12492974/

Why the hell are we so far behind everyone else, This just so poor

• Subscriber

Just went to the local Premier store for pods for the washing machine and a few bits. A guy parked outside in a Ford focus in his late 20s/early 30s. The scruffy prick was coughing without covering his mouth and spat on the floor twice before entering the store. I couldn't fucking believe my eyes.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Only 2,000 NHS staff tested for coronavirus out of 1,300,000 workforce

The government has confirmed that so far, only 2,000 NHS staff have been tested for coronavirus. To put that in context, there are 1.3 million full-time equivalent staff working for NHS England. This means that just over 0.15% of the NHS workforce has so far been tested for the virus that its workers are putting their lives at risk to treat.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/01/2000-nhs-staff-tested-coronavirus-1300000-workforce-12492974/

Why the hell are we so far behind everyone else, This just so poor

Pathetic. 

So I'm trying this thing today where I move around a lot more. If I'm sat down I move my shoulders a lot and if I'm standing up I move my whole body maybe jog on the spot. I've noticed the anxiety is very strong when I'm still so seeing if it helps. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So I'm trying this thing today where I move around a lot more. If I'm sat down I move my shoulders a lot and if I'm standing up I move my whole body maybe jog on the spot. I've noticed the anxiety is very strong when I'm still so seeing if it helps. 

Good idea. Physical exercise is beneficial in many ways and regular breaks from sitting in same place helps. You been able to get out even for a short time?

12 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Just went to the local Premier store for pods for the washing machine and a few bits. A guy parked outside in a Ford focus in his late 20s/early 30s. The scruffy prick was coughing without covering his mouth and spat on the floor twice before entering the store. I couldn't fucking believe my eyes.

Hope someone slapped him. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Had similar in Savers in town a couple of weeks ago, just when we all started taking this seriously. He was coughing all over the place, literally everywhere, no attempt to stifle or cover it up etc. Should have been deported to outer space the grotty bastard.

• Wow 1