talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge I'm not sure if this is politically correct but I'm gonna ask anyway. What is it about Germans and efficiency? There's always the expression German efficiency but it does seem to be true. Is it a cultural thing why is Germany seemingly more efficient than most countries? 

By the way the reason this is linked to the thread is because Germany seemed to have controlled the virus better than most countries it's not a completely random question.

Well if you look at how the construction of Berlin Brandenburg airport has been going then you'll see that Germany is not always that efficient... xD 

But I know what you mean and there's some truth to pretty much any stereotype. I think a lot of it is down to bureaucracy, fondness of following the rules and getting things done right the first time by following established practices. I don't think efficiency has much to do with the virus numbers in Germany though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@nudge I'm not sure if this is politically correct but I'm gonna ask anyway. What is it about Germans and efficiency? There's always the expression German efficiency but it does seem to be true. Is it a cultural thing why is Germany seemingly more efficient than most countries? 

By the way the reason this is linked to the thread is because Germany seemed to have controlled the virus better than most countries it's not a completely random question.

nudge may find it difficult to answer as it may seem that she will appear to make out that she is part of a superior world - problem is in many ways - she is!

I have spent years looking after young people mainly in the UK but often in Germany.  When the education system changed here in the 70s and we added the word comprehensive to our system, a lot of the discipline and control went out of the window.  Those kids then are the parents now and their offspring often suffer from that the lack of form of parental control we older folk had - so we tend to accept authority when it is necessary rather than continue all the time to question it.  Teaching boys and girls these days in Germany is like it was back in the 70s in the UK - OK there are exceptions, but mainly their discipline and respect is way above the UK norm.  In the present situation it is natural that the way young people are brought up in Germany as opposed to the UK would suggest they may well take note of instructions rather than requests and hence the obedience to the sensible proposals being made in both countries is greater there than here.  I know that is a very big generalisation, but it only needs a few idiots to spoil things and give the rest the impression that it is OK to go off to the beach or the countryside without a thought for others. Trouble is they then are the source of news bulletins rather than those who are staying inside as doing the right thing. Many German clubs have their 'ultras', but they are very quiet at the moment!

Oh and one final PS

The German folk have to listen to Angela

We have Boris and Michael - 'nuff said!

Edited by SchalkeUK
  • Upvote 2

Cases popping up in slums here, thanks to the idiots who returned from the Tablighi Jamaat and hid in slums. Which means we are fucked. Cause it will spread rapidly like hell in slums. A massive jump to 181 cases in two days in the city here. The coming fortnight is going to be nasty for those poor folks. All because of the idiots who held a large congregation in Delhi and spread everywhere in the rest of the country and then hid from the authorities.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

The effects of not having enough equipment to test etc?

Not sure the tests have any great bearing on a step change in deaths.

35 minutes ago, Rick said:

Lack of testing is shameful. Government moving at a fucking snails pace at the moment, and what’s worse is that they are lying about it. Infuriating.

Which things have they lied about? Genuine question.

Just switched the press conference off because the quality of journalism is shoddy. They're so aggressive it's ridiculous. Like foaming tweeters and it makes the questions naff.

• Upvote 1

Bullshitting about there not being the supplies available to carry out testing. Since yesterday’s press conference suppliers and labs have both came out and said that they can provide everything needed, is that not correct? 

Edited by Rick

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

A single event is going to be responsible for the spread of this disease in this country, and make a mockery of the lockdown.

Worse is reading about authorities, who are tracing these idiots, being attacked by these very same idiots and their families. One cop was even shot at.

Its such a circus. You can't really do anything because on one hand you have people blaming the govt. for being anti-<insert religious group> and on the other side you have people arguing that this should all be stopped with zero care to the fact that people are conglomerating and helping spread the virus. I err on the side of, this is a lockdown either learn that fast or get punished for doing so. I empathize with cops who are getting the worst treatment in all of this and even with all the social media stuff going around with how they are abusing people I still think they are doing a very good job for the most part. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Not sure the tests have any great bearing on a step change in deaths.

I wrote the response in a hurry. Had more to say xD

If you can test earlier, it means it can be managed earlier and hopefully treated in hospital earlier. The lack of testing at the moment means that people are having to wait until much serious stages of the virus before getting treatment. 

The lack of equipment as well, such as ventilators or PPE, must have a bearing too. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did Alok Sharma say there's no government plans for mass testing? 

Thought Boris and others were saying about 10k a day and 25k a day :/

I've stopped paying much attention to the daily briefings as they haven't said anything ground breaking for a week or so, but you could forgive the government for changing their mind on things if they just explained why.

I understand mass testing at the start for the sake of contact tracing etc. and I understand it at the end when they need to start deciding how safe it is to start relaxing the restrictions. Right now I think it's important to test NHS workers and other key workers, arguably those in vulnerable groups as well. However, anyone who is low risk and has any inkling that they have it should just be self isolating and taking it easy. It shouldn't really be essential for them to get tested.

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did Alok Sharma say there's no government plans for mass testing? 

Thought Boris and others were saying about 10k a day and 25k a day :/

The Dr said a few times we are at 10k capacity now and will be at 25k within a few weeks.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've stopped paying much attention to the daily briefings as they haven't said anything ground breaking for a week or so, but you could forgive the government for changing their mind on things if they just explained why.

I understand mass testing at the start for the sake of contact tracing etc. and I understand it at the end when they need to start deciding how safe it is to start relaxing the restrictions. Right now I think it's important to test NHS workers and other key workers, arguably those in vulnerable groups as well. However, anyone who is low risk and has any inkling that they have it should just be self isolating and taking it easy. It shouldn't really be essential for them to get tested.

Only 2000 tested out of a total 1.3m NHS workers. (not sure if this includes all NHS staff in any field or not). 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Only 2000 tested out of a total 1.3m NHS workers. (not sure if this includes all NHS staff in any field or not). 

I heard on an LBC phone-in yesterday about an NHS lab where they were all tested, and 8 of them came back positive who had demonstrated mild or no symptoms, so wouldn't have been tested at all if they weren't NHS. That's all in one lab so hopefully it isn't as widespread across the whole NHS.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Bullshitting about there not being the supplies available to carry out testing. Since yesterday’s press conference suppliers and labs have both came out and said that they can provide everything needed, is that not correct? 

I don't think they're bullshitting about there being a limited number of supplies to carry out the testing. That's sort of been a theme with this treating virus everywhere it's gone.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Its such a circus. You can't really do anything because on one hand you have people blaming the govt. for being anti-<insert religious group> and on the other side you have people arguing that this should all be stopped with zero care to the fact that people are conglomerating and helping spread the virus. I err on the side of, this is a lockdown either learn that fast or get punished for doing so. I empathize with cops who are getting the worst treatment in all of this and even with all the social media stuff going around with how they are abusing people I still think they are doing a very good job for the most part. 

Good point about the cops. The cops and Municipal Corporation men and women here are actually visiting every home in the slums to track and scan people, because the people who attended the Jammat gathering are not disclosing everything. I am not even going to talk about their leaders actually urging people to gather. Fucking mental.

And the talk on Twitter is something else. Like the only people (woke idiots) making this about religion are the ones telling everyone to not make it about religion. Mind you, a similar thing happened with a Sikh Gurdwara in Punjab, but the Sikhs there have been super cooperative with the authorities. 

I also agree that some cops have been dicks, like the ones in Ahmedabad who knocked down vegetable carts, but majority of them are on the streets managing people, feeding poor and maintaining peace for 12-13 hours under extremely hot temperatures.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

Called in sick from work today. Was up all night with a splitting headache and a cough and slept most of the day. If I hadn't been homeworking I would have been given a week off.

But, since I'm already homeworking I'm back to work as soon as I feel better. 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Well if you look at how the construction of Berlin Brandenburg airport has been going then you'll see that Germany is not always that efficient... xD 

But I know what you mean and there's some truth to pretty much any stereotype. I think a lot of it is down to bureaucracy, fondness of following the rules and getting things done right the first time by following established practices. I don't think efficiency has much to do with the virus numbers in Germany though.

Then you come to England:-

xDxD

You shouldn't laugh really though, but this is the behaviour of people in this country. On the last day before schools shut, 100+ teenagers went up to the park near where I live as well. But it's not even only younger generations, it's all of them. A lot of the elderly are probably the most stubborn of all.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 1