talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

They lied to protect their economy the world needs to wean itself off the Chinese teat after this

The irony is the more cases they've had, the more there is already an immunity out there, which helps to make the case to tempt people to leave their houses and get back to normal

11 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I just don’t know how feasible testing in tracing is we don’t have the manpower to do that and we are already full blown pandemic  mode I will probably say we’ve got within the region of 100-250,000 suspected cases we just can’t test on track that. We can’t fucking test & track 10,000 fucking terrorists let alone 100,000 people with flu like symptoms. 

If they mobilised they can get there. South Korea can do it and are the same size as England. We aren't bothering because the aim is to create a test everyone can buy from Boots and Superdrug instead.

Once the peak in lockdown is reached it will likely take 3-6 weeks to open things again. Then it's a case of what is the strategy to stop or isolate a second wave. How do you do that without test and trace?

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I did 'just got out the shower with towel' near the window for a while but the police knocked and told me I had to stop as there were quite a few females clustering together outside each morning in jogging gear... 

Time to start worrying is when there would be quite a few males clustering together outside!!!!

3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Anybody else putting their Teddy in the window?  Ours is sat there ready to wave at the kids as they exercise.  New 'Teddy Hunt' idea seems good!

Yes we've been doing that.

We're also beneficiaries. My 4 year old and I are going for walks and Bear Spotting each day. We keep a score of who sees them first, with the aim of getting to 20. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I hope when the cops catch him, he is tried for murder. 

I hope when they catch him he doesn't get a trial and get sentenced for life because of how he endangered an entire nation. These kinds of people don't understand anything other than their own agendas and whats happening in the slums now is terrible but medical staff cannot and will not let it go because it could get infinitely worse if no one tries to get them help. 

• Administrator

Some cunty pub in Nottinghamshire opened up for a lock-in and got caught. Now the pub has been shut down with license taken away. Thinking they were better than everyone else, thinking they can get away with it.

These kind of knobheads will ruin it for everyone else. Utter twats. Karma got them. 

• Subscriber

Though that knob yesterday was bad, spitting and coughing. 2 guys were walking and one stopped to take a piss against the wall. Outside a medical center of all places. 

I fucking give up.

On 31/03/2020 at 21:31, ...Dan said:

I'm pretty sure I have it. I've not had a fever, just a sore throat for a few days, but after I walk up the stairs in my house I breathe heavily. Either I have it or I'm being paranoid and just paying more attention to my breathing than usual.

I definitely have it.

Throughout the day it's not too bad (i've been spending all day in bed playing Football Manager), but at night when I start to get tired it gets bad. Last night I struggled to brush my teeth and breathe at the same time, had chest pains too. It's difficult to find a position to sleep in where I can breathe properly. I'd describe what I feel in my lungs as discomfort rather than pain, but I feel it a lot, throughout the day.

I haven't had fever and don't have a cough. So guys, don't tell yourselves "I don't have a fever/cough so I don't have it". If you have any symptom, no matter how small, you need to self-isolate.

• Sad 2

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I definitely have it.

Throughout the day it's not too bad (i've been spending all day in bed playing Football Manager), but at night when I start to get tired it gets bad. Last night I struggled to brush my teeth and breathe at the same time, had chest pains too. It's difficult to find a position to sleep in where I can breathe properly. I'd describe what I feel in my lungs as discomfort rather than pain, but I feel it a lot, throughout the day.

I haven't had fever and don't have a cough. So guys, don't tell yourselves "I don't have a fever/cough so I don't have it". If you have any symptom, no matter how small, you need to self-isolate.

Sorry to hear that :(

Hope you get through it!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Yes we've been doing that.

We're also beneficiaries. My 4 year old and I are going for walks and Bear Spotting each day. We keep a score of who sees them first, with the aim of getting to 20. 

If you bump onto my old school student Joel on your way round give him and Marvin my best wishes to be safe - he was quite a kid!

50 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I definitely have it.

This sounds similar to what I had. Fortunately I had an inhaler that I use in hayfever season so the chest pains and breathlessness were managed. 

I did have a cough. Sounded like a 60 year old smoker. No fever however the NHS rather than ask if you have a fever are asking if your chest and back are hot to touch. Mine was. Is there someone who can check yours?

On one of the days I was doing physical activity that raised heart rate. When I stopped you could hear my lungs expanding and contracting, like a ticking time bomb. It was one of the most disturbing and scary things I've experienced so whatever you do stick to FM!

42 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

This sounds similar to what I had. Fortunately I had an inhaler that I use in hayfever season so the chest pains and breathlessness were managed. 

I did have a cough. Sounded like a 60 year old smoker. No fever however the NHS rather than ask if you have a fever are asking if your chest and back are hot to touch. Mine was. Is there someone who can check yours?

On one of the days I was doing physical activity that raised heart rate. When I stopped you could hear my lungs expanding and contracting, like a ticking time bomb. It was one of the most disturbing and scary things I've experienced so whatever you do stick to FM!

I don't have an inhaler, but earlier I ran a hot shower and sat in the bathroom with the door closed for a few minutes and I could breathe better after.

How long ago were you feeling like this? And how do you feel now?

9 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I don't have an inhaler, but earlier I ran a hot shower and sat in the bathroom with the door closed for a few minutes and I could breathe better after.

How long ago were you feeling like this? And how do you feel now?

I'm all recovered now. First symptom was sore throat, breathing and cough started 2-3 days after. Worst of it lasted about 4 days, at times I felt it just wasn't shifting but by day 11-12 from the first symptom it was almost gone.

I found my breathing and cough improved if I went outside for a light walk and got some fresh air into my lungs.

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

I definitely have it.

That sounds horrible. Hope you feel better soon. :(

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

I'm all recovered now. First symptom was sore throat, breathing and cough started 2-3 days after. Worst of it lasted about 4 days, at times I felt it just wasn't shifting but by day 11-12 from the first symptom it was almost gone.

I found my breathing improved if I went outside for a light walk and got some fresh air into my lungs.

This is day 3 of breathing problems I think. And day 6 since the sore throat. Let's hope I start to feel better in the next few days.

Yeah I was thinking of going for a walk, but I'm a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it. We have a small garden and I walked out there yesterday for a few minutes and was ok.

2 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I definitely have it.

I had this too, though much milder. Through the day fine, but at night I was coughing and my throat was bad. Didn’t have a fever either. I’ve had 16 days off work, and I’m absolutely fully recovered now. 

Sucks to hear though man, you try and take as much care as you can. Bit of fresh air may help, I found it did with me. Had a window in my bedroom open through night. Wish you a speedy recovery man. 

• Thanks 1