talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

This is day 3 of breathing problems I think. And day 6 since the sore throat. Let's hope I start to feel better in the next few days.

Yeah I was thinking of going for a walk, but I'm a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to handle it. We have a small garden and I walked out there yesterday for a few minutes and was ok.

Ah fuck mate, hope you feel better ASAP

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

No Stan sorry - Its 100,000 by the end of April - today it was not many as one of the main testing stations was empty all day - no one came!

Yeah realised that soon after I posted. 

Hope that is the case but trying to get every NHS worker tested by the end of the month seems like too long. Don't know if I'm expecting too much there but might be too late by then. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I definitely have it.

Throughout the day it's not too bad (i've been spending all day in bed playing Football Manager), but at night when I start to get tired it gets bad. Last night I struggled to brush my teeth and breathe at the same time, had chest pains too. It's difficult to find a position to sleep in where I can breathe properly. I'd describe what I feel in my lungs as discomfort rather than pain, but I feel it a lot, throughout the day.

I haven't had fever and don't have a cough. So guys, don't tell yourselves "I don't have a fever/cough so I don't have it". If you have any symptom, no matter how small, you need to self-isolate.

I hope you get well soon. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

These symptons you are all having. Have you had anything like this before?

Not really. With everything in the news and if I hadn't had experience with asthma I'd probably have found it scarier. 

What I found weirdest was that I was mentally bright as a button. No fatigue. No tiredness. No headaches or can't be arsed feeling you get when you have a cold or flu. I had a nap during working hours one day that was it. Didn't take much if any medicine, didn't feel the need to. 

If it wasn't coronavirus that I had then it is one hell of a coincidence to have a chest infection, possibly bronchitis or walking pneumonia three days after lockdown!

To hear Dan with the same thing just adds to me being convinced I had it.

3 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I definitely have it.

Throughout the day it's not too bad (i've been spending all day in bed playing Football Manager), but at night when I start to get tired it gets bad. Last night I struggled to brush my teeth and breathe at the same time, had chest pains too. It's difficult to find a position to sleep in where I can breathe properly. I'd describe what I feel in my lungs as discomfort rather than pain, but I feel it a lot, throughout the day.

I haven't had fever and don't have a cough. So guys, don't tell yourselves "I don't have a fever/cough so I don't have it". If you have any symptom, no matter how small, you need to self-isolate.

Take it easy mate and keep us updated... This is proper scary stuff for people, hope you start to get on the mend sooner rather than later 

• Subscriber

There's a lot of shite getting spouted about Johnson 'hiding'. I have no time for the bloke and yes he dodged scrutiny at all turns during the election campaign but he's got the virus ffs. He should be self isolating, it isn't hiding.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Anyone go out for the 8pm clap for the NHS?

I found it weirdly emotional. People cheering, clapping, banging pots and pans. Someone even let off fireworks.

Yeah loads more out on our street this week compared to last

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Anyone go out for the 8pm clap for the NHS?

I found it weirdly emotional. People cheering, clapping, banging pots and pans. Someone even let off fireworks.

27 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah loads more out on our street this week compared to last

Yep albeit a tad late as didn't realise it was 8pm already!

Seemed to be less people this week but still good to see/hear.

Nice to see you lads in UK appreciating the clap thing. Here the lefty fucks mocked the exercise.

@topic

Just came across this video about Ecuador, which is just plain horrific.

Can the South American lads in here @Inti Brian, @Berserker and @El Profesor confirm if this is true and not just an exaggeration by media.

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Nice to see you lads in UK appreciating the clap thing. Here the lefty fucks mocked the exercise.

@topic

Can the South American lads in here @Inti Brian, @Berserker and @El Profesor confirm if this is true and not just an exaggeration by media.

It's true, public health is a shambles in all the Americas bar Argentina and perhaps Canada? (not completely sure about Brasil but i'd venture that is the case as all the rest).

Edited by Berserker
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

@topic

Oddly the most nurses I know would prefer receiving a reasonable salary over being applauded.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I agree with @Berserker. Public health in the Americas is awful with the exception of Argentina and Canada. I'm not 100% sure on Cuba though, they might be in that boat too. 

In Ecuador's case, it's similar to Peru's health which is why we're struggling so much. Being in quarantine means we'll save lives but basically screw the economy. If we let people do what we want, our health systems will collapse.

9 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Yeah I agree with @Berserker. Public health in the Americas is awful with the exception of Argentina and Canada. I'm not 100% sure on Cuba though, they might be in that boat too. 

In Ecuador's case, it's similar to Peru's health which is why we're struggling so much. Being in quarantine means we'll save lives but basically screw the economy. If we let people do what we want, our health systems will collapse.

I think it's becoming clearer now that not quarantining would not save the economy.

This is putting 20% of the affected cases in hospital, and a reasonable proportion of others too sick to attend work for a substantial period.

9 hours ago, Azeem said:

Someone i know who drove a taxi came yesterday and asked for money cause of the lock down. I'm heart broken

That sucks mate. I'm similarly heartbroken for many here in affected industries. Those I'm most closest to are in hospitality, particularly my local family run coffee shop. Although they're likely to receive some government support they've seen their family business and livelihood upended and enormous uncertainty to their future income and way of life. 

And for me I'm torn between wanting to continue to support them financially by buying as much take away there as possible, and also recognising that my daily contact with them is currently my families biggest exposure risk, which is ultimately non essential so I'd ideally like to eliminate.

I'd rather just wire them my usual weekly spend and buy nothing tbh, but that probably feels like charity which they'd be too proud to accept.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Harry said:

A terrible day for the death toll yesterday. France at 1350 deaths. USA and Spain at 960. Worrying for the trajectory of all 3 countries.

Apparently France's death toll includes nursing home deaths that happened over the last few weeks, not necessarily just yesterday.