talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Harvsky said:

Apparently Norweigan Authorities are advising that they should prepare for their movement to be restricted for the rest of the year. That herd immunity would likely take several years.

Oh ffs.

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Apparently Norweigan Authorities are advising that they should prepare for their movement to be restricted for the rest of the year. That herd immunity would likely take several years.

Fucking hell.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

About time we heard some good news. Cheers Harvey!

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Should be a test on Sunday in the UK. Is going to be warm and people are taking about BBQ's and drinking and other social gatherings.

I really hope common sense does prevail. 

They should all meet on the edge of a cliff and walk the fuck right off it.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

One maybe for the UK members on here - has anyone noticed outside has got a lot busier this week compared to the first of (half baked) lockdown? Have had to work away from home today and last Friday and today was a lot busier out and about than last week. Noticed the same in town out shopping and on the daily walks too. I wonder if the first week sort of spooked people a bit but now there is some familiarity they aren't as pensive in terms of going out etc.

On 02/04/2020 at 08:58, Harvsky said:

If they mobilised they can get there. South Korea can do it and are the same size as England. We aren't bothering because the aim is to create a test everyone can buy from Boots and Superdrug instead.

Once the peak in lockdown is reached it will likely take 3-6 weeks to open things again. Then it's a case of what is the strategy to stop or isolate a second wave. How do you do that without test and trace?

I don’t know anything about our testing strategy at all, but I do know there is a global shortage of reagents and out assay production is tiny compared to Korea. To ramp up production you would need capital equipment for assay production and virtually all that sort of equipment is made in a Germany in my experience. Plus we’re dealing with piracy now, gone is the world of international  Collaboration 

https://t.co/Z6gqRiVddc?amp=1

Saw some footage today of masks being made somewhere in the world in the worst conditions possible and as they were making them they were just dropping on the floor while others walking about in bare feet were picking them up in batches and folding them into packing boxes... Christ knows where they are destined for

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Saw some footage today of masks being made somewhere in the world in the worst conditions possible and as they were making them they were just dropping on the floor while others walking about in bare feet were picking them up in batches and folding them into packing boxes... Christ knows where they are destined for

I see that and raise you seeing a woman eating a live turtle earlier today

giphy.gif

On 01/04/2020 at 18:50, Carnivore Chris said:

@CaaC (John) I already beat you to that Amsterdam video mate, the one above also shows how it was rocking in Madrid(other parts of Spain and Italy being the same too), but what makes me laugh is how many people have strobe lights, as if you just have them laying about in your flat xD

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I don’t know anything about our testing strategy at all, but I do know there is a global shortage of reagents and out assay production is tiny compared to Korea. To ramp up production you would need capital equipment for assay production and virtually all that sort of equipment is made in a Germany in my experience. Plus we’re dealing with piracy now, gone is the world of international  Collaboration 

https://t.co/Z6gqRiVddc?amp=1

Since the post you quoted the government have announced 100k tests per day by end of April. That makes it all a matter of will and the timing of that will.

Though some noises of concern in Germany that they are wasting testing resources on healthy people with no symptoms.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, tlr said:

One maybe for the UK members on here - has anyone noticed outside has got a lot busier this week compared to the first of (half baked) lockdown? Have had to work away from home today and last Friday and today was a lot busier out and about than last week. Noticed the same in town out shopping and on the daily walks too. I wonder if the first week sort of spooked people a bit but now there is some familiarity they aren't as pensive in terms of going out etc.

I've noticed fewer people walking but more cars on the road. The bloke upstairs is also in and out all day and even late at night.

32 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Since the post you quoted the government have announced 100k tests per day by end of April. That makes it all a matter of will and the timing of that will.

Though some noises of concern in Germany that they are wasting testing resources on healthy people with no symptoms.

Time will tell.

It’s media pressure that’s effecting testing, the plan to test incoming patients is what Germany are switching to. 

what we need to do is test NHS staff that are isolating to get them back on the front line. 

On 01/04/2020 at 17:04, RandoEFC said:

I think the early research is showing that recovering from it once makes you unlikely to contract it again but there have been a few cases of people getting it twice. 

Some have said that life can't truly go back to normal until a vaccine is developed. 

Going back to this, and maybe I'm just optimistic, but if it's unlikely to contract it again, surely that would mean life could go back to normal then.

The priority has to be a vaccine though, but since this isn't the flu it will take longer I reckon.

31 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s media pressure that’s effecting testing, the plan to test incoming patients is what Germany are switching to. 

what we need to do is test NHS staff that are isolating to get them back on the front line. 

Same pressure that is the reason we are in lockdown. We'd be like Sweden if Vallance had his way. If you can't defend your position internally and externally it won't hold. There's no shortage of experts globally challenging UK govt. 

Is there a source for Germany not testing anymore? And if so is it because they've test and traced all suspects already?

Europe's pariah state, Sweden, may stop counting deaths when the patient has coronavirus but their underlying health condition is the momentary cause of death. For example, let's say you have hypertension, then you get coronavirus which ends up being taxing on the body, blood pressure spikes further until you have a heart attack. They'd count hypertension and heart attack as cause of death, even though you would never have died then without coronavirus. Strictly against WHO rules. A political move to cover up the emerging basket case of Scandinavia tag.