talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Another 1000+ deaths in France :o 

Are care home deaths still included in that figure as think that was the case on Thursday or Friday?

Spain's deaths 546, a big drop in daily terms. Stark contrast to 700-900 daily death toll in the last few days. Significant daily case-drop as well - 8195, 7947, 7134, 5537 in last 4 days including today.

I think it includes care homes. 588 is the total that happened in the last 24 hours in France.

People are behaving over here generally I would say. Everything is closed, even the beaches are, so there's not many places to go to anyway. Lots of cars still during the busiest hours of the day but other than that you only see the occasional biker/jogger and people waiting to get in the supermarkets.

Edited by Machado

39 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The sad thing is that it'll be fully blamed on the UK government and not the thick fucking cunts as @The Palace Fan mentioned. 

28 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The death's today are largely the result of 2-4 weeks ago. Pre-lockdown behaviours. Park wankers will determine 2-4 weeks from now.

The media havent helped the situation by giving a platform to those wibbles that were upset about a heavy handed Police approach. People in London are well aware they're not going to get a flimsy fine because of it. Especially when The Commisioner is making such statements:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/met-chief-cressida-dick-policing-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-a4401451.html

On 02/04/2020 at 14:33, ...Dan said:

I definitely have it.

Throughout the day it's not too bad (i've been spending all day in bed playing Football Manager), but at night when I start to get tired it gets bad. Last night I struggled to brush my teeth and breathe at the same time, had chest pains too. It's difficult to find a position to sleep in where I can breathe properly. I'd describe what I feel in my lungs as discomfort rather than pain, but I feel it a lot, throughout the day.

I haven't had fever and don't have a cough. So guys, don't tell yourselves "I don't have a fever/cough so I don't have it". If you have any symptom, no matter how small, you need to self-isolate.

I feel like I'm recovering from it now. My breathing is getting better, but the lung pain has gotten worse. I have a horrible back pain right now, in line with my left lung, I can barely move without it hurting. I looked up the symptoms of lung inflammation and it seems like that's what I have. As I mentioned in the are you worried thread, one of my lungs is smaller than the other because of a condition I had when i was born. Hopefully it'll get better after a few more days of rest, otherwise I'm gonna have to go and get checked up. I'm not even sure where I would go for that and if they'd even agree to see me?

Also @Harvsky did you have lung pain after your breathing got better?

• Sad 1

Also how is it fair the some people get 90% pay to stay at home and protect themselves from the virus while other people have to go to work UNTIL the get it, risking their health, and then they get £90 a week?

I'm sure a lot of people will have symptoms and continue to go to work because they can't afford to lose the money.

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think people who live alone will really be struggling now. Slightly controversial opinion but I think people who live alone should have one person who they are allowed to see. The problem is people who live alone are more likely to break the lockdown rules down rules now. If they had that one person they were allowed to see they are more likely to stick to that one person. I have a friend who also lives alone who I went and saw yesterday. But I'm only seeing her and she is only seeing me so the risk is lower. Obviously ideally we wouldn't do break the rules but most people live with someone so it is much harder. I think if the government said you are allowed to see one person if you are stopped you could name that person and that could be recorded so if you are caught and you are no where near there and it looks suspicious then you could be fined. The fact is people who live alone are gonna start breaking the lockdown rules soon so if they do this it is more manageable.

I agree. People who live alone should be able to have a person or two they can interact with, provided they aren't symptomatic. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

I feel like I'm recovering from it now. My breathing is getting better, but the lung pain has gotten worse. I have a horrible back pain right now, in line with my left lung, I can barely move without it hurting. I looked up the symptoms of lung inflammation and it seems like that's what I have. As I mentioned in the are you worried thread, one of my lungs is smaller than the other because of a condition I had when i was born. Hopefully it'll get better after a few more days of rest, otherwise I'm gonna have to go and get checked up. I'm not even sure where I would go for that and if they'd even agree to see me?

You're in France?

• Subscriber

The horrible thing to us is as I have mentioned is the lady across the corridor of our block of flats we have known the couple since we moved in here 14 years ago has just found out she has cancer and has not long to go, the wife broke down in tears when her hubby told her and Liz want's to give her a kiss and a cuddle but she can't do that just yet until the isolation period is over with.

The wife has not been outside now for 3 weeks but I told her that I don't think a kiss and a cuddle with old Evalyne would hurt at the moment but the wife is worried in case she makes it worse for Evalyne if she did that, I just hope Evalyne can hang in there for a few months yet because as the way things stand we won't even be able to go to her funeral if she passes away in the next few weeks. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

I can't say if I have had it or not but I did go through the sore throat, headaches, breathing, sweating and my body aching a bit for a few days but I just dug in taking my tablets as per normal, using my asthma & COPD pumps, mentally bucking myself up and using some cough mixture we have for my sore throat but I feel 10 times better now and feel like I did before it hit me.

The wife and daughter were worried about me as they knew I had landed in the hospital with a collapsed left lung and had to have an operation to put it right, I was scared to give a little cough as the wife would suddenly start staring at me asking if I was ok, but I am fine now lung wise, I only get a dull pain on my left-hand side when I take my daily heart & water tablets which then disappears after a couple of minutes. 

I can't sleep at the moment as I have more or less been snoozing on the sofa off and on all day due to isolating myself so I will stay awake for now and do some reading until my tablets are due around 04.30/05.00, take them and head off to bed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I agree. People who live alone should be able to have a person or two they can interact with, provided they aren't symptomatic. 

Ha ha I was actually expecting to get hammered for saying that and called a selfish cunt 

47 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ha ha I was actually expecting to get hammered for saying that and called a selfish cunt 

Not from me mate. Human contact is important. An enforced lockdown to a party of 1 is harsh, and basically solitary confinement. 

On 02/04/2020 at 17:39, IgnisExcubitor said:

Nice to see you lads in UK appreciating the clap thing. Here the lefty fucks mocked the exercise.

@topic

Just came across this video about Ecuador, which is just plain horrific.

Can the South American lads in here @Inti Brian, @Berserker and @El Profesor confirm if this is true and not just an exaggeration by media.

That´s true. Apparently, things are better in Quito, the capital, but in Guayaquil, the most populous city in Ecuador the health system and public order have collapsed. 

Apparently, this outbreak was caused by equatorians who work in Spain and returned to Ecuador. There are almost 500 000 equatorians living in Spain, the largest latin american community in Spain. Consdering Spain is one of the countries most badly hit by the virus, there´s certainly a connection. 

Another factor is the fact that equatorian government didn´t take the threat seriously and passengers returning from Spain didn´t need to go under a quarantine after arriving in the country.

• Upvote 1

On 03/04/2020 at 11:59, nudge said:

I don't know the exact logistics of it, but basically it was an order placed and paid for by the Berlin police, the masks were coming from China and should had been placed on a German bound cargo plane in Bangkok. Instead it was "seized" and diverted to the US instead. Probably bribed some Thai authorities to get it done, they are quite close with the Americans. Berlin police as well as German politicians including the minister of health alrady confrmed that, but apparently the amount of masks was mis-reported. It should be 200000 instead of 600000. France accussed the US of doing the same to their order too.

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/USA-fangen-von-Berlin-bestellte-Schutzmasken-ab-article21691173.html

They did the same to Brazil. 

Americans intercepted a cargo of 600 ventilators in Miami that were destined to Brazil. As the germans have well defined, this is piracy. 

And it gets worse, I´ve read some rumors in Twitter accusing the feds of selling those supplies to private companies who in their turn sell to american states or to other countries. It makese sense, since NY governor, Cuomo, has been saying for a while now that Us states are bidding against each other for supplies.

A viral Twitter in Brazil summed up the situation well: 

Edited by El Profesor

7 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Twitter rumour (salt, pinch) that Bolsonaro has been removed by military coup

Don´t believe it. Bolsonaro is still in command, but there´s a growing power struggle behind the courtains. 

Healthy Minister Henrique Mandetta is more and more popular by the day with his scientific approach and this week he decided even to contradict the President regarding the need for social isolation. Bolsonaro, feeling threatened by the popularity of Mandetta, started to a campaign against his own minister via his most hardcore followers.  

Well-informed journalists are reporting that Bolsonaro is looking for ways to sack Health Minister Mandetta and replace him with Osmar Terra, a guy who denies the dangers of the pandemy. But so far he hasn´t dared to do that fearing the popular response.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ...Dan said:

No pain but when I thought it was better a bit of exercise caused horrible noise from the lungs.

Call 111 if it gets worse or doesn't go away.

How are you this morning?