talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

The horrible thing to us is as I have mentioned is the lady across the corridor of our block of flats we have known the couple since we moved in here 14 years ago has just found out she has cancer and has not long to go, the wife broke down in tears when her hubby told her and Liz want's to give her a kiss and a cuddle but she can't do that just yet until the isolation period is over with.

The wife has not been outside now for 3 weeks but I told her that I don't think a kiss and a cuddle with old Evalyne would hurt at the moment but the wife is worried in case she makes it worse for Evalyne if she did that, I just hope Evalyne can hang in there for a few months yet because as the way things stand we won't even be able to go to her funeral if she passes away in the next few weeks. 

Depends on the risk she wants to take :what:

How does she know Evalyne doesn't have symptoms or coronavirus, if they're even visible? Does she want to risk getting the virus herself? And vice versa... 

There's a reason why social distancing is in place regardless of circumstance. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

From BBC.

The UK could see an estimated 7,000 to 20,000 deaths during the coronavirus pandemic, one of the country's top epidemiologists has said.

Professor Neil Ferguson told the BBC's Andrew Marr that experts believe the number of deaths "could be anywhere between about 7,000 or so up to a little over 20,000".

He said there are "some signs" the lockdown has helped slow the spread of virus, adding that the epidemic will likely plateau in the next seven to 10 days.

Prof Ferguson, whose modelling has guided the UK government on coronavirus, said: "What is critically important then is how quickly case numbers go down - do we see a long, flat peak or do we, as we hope, see a much faster decline?

"That really depends on how effective the current measures are."

NHS England medical director Prof Stephen Powis said last week that if the death toll in the UK was kept below 20,000, "we will have done very well".

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Who the government?

Wait wtf. Your post on my phone has the graphs from FT showing the trajectories from each country but when I quote you it turns into the tweet about the American pro-Trump media chatting shit about the virus last month. xD

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wait wtf. Your post on my phone has the graphs from FT showing the trajectories from each country but when I quote you it turns into the tweet about the American pro-Trump media chatting shit about the virus last month. xD

CIA interference 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Depends on the risk she wants to take :what:

How does she know Evalyne doesn't have symptoms or coronavirus, if they're even visible? Does she want to risk getting the virus herself? And vice versa... 

There's a reason why social distancing is in place regardless of circumstance. 

Aye, I know that and our daughter said "it's hard mum & dad but I am just as cautious and won't come around with the grandsons until this isolation period is over with, if I get you any shopping then I will leave it at your front door, knock then keep my distance, video cam for talking, it's better to be safe than sorry".  

She suggested which is a good idea is just stand at the front door and Evalyne can stand at her front door and you can talk that way as you are both at a safe distance, I think that would be a good idea so we will wait and see.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

No pain but when I thought it was better a bit of exercise caused horrible noise from the lungs.

Call 111 if it gets worse or doesn't go away.

How are you this morning?

Just woke up from a good 8 hours of sleep and it feels a lot better. Still hurts a bit, but nothing like yesterday. Hopefully it doesn't get worse as the day goes on.

• Upvote 4

• Administrator

Glad you're both improved and/or better @...Dan & @Harvsky

30 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, I know that and our daughter said "it's hard mum & dad but I am just as cautious and won't come around with the grandsons until this isolation period is over with, if I get you any shopping then I will leave it at your front door, knock then keep my distance, video cam for talking, it's better to be safe than sorry".  

She suggested which is a good idea is just stand at the front door and Evalyne can stand at her front door and you can talk that way as you are both at a safe distance, I think that would be a good idea so we will wait and see.

I did that yesterday. Had some shopping I collected and dropped some off to my brother's house. Parked up and stood by the car while they stood at the door. It's weird but the best thing to do in the circumstances. Keep the distance now and we won't have to do so later down the line. 

Meanwhile had the first case of someone related die from the virus. A distant relative mind but a sad death nonetheless. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Glad you're both improved and/or better @...Dan & @Harvsky

I did that yesterday. Had some shopping I collected and dropped some off to my brother's house. Parked up and stood by the car while they stood at the door. It's weird but the best thing to do in the circumstances. Keep the distance now and we won't have to do so later down the line. 

Meanwhile had the first case of someone related die from the virus. A distant relative mind but a sad death nonetheless. 

Sorry to hear about the distant relative passing away.

It's weird talking to the grandson's over video cam, especially wee Kaiden the youngest, we have not seen Kaiden for about 5 weeks now and me and the wife got used to him running around in here, sitting down reading with him and drawing etc but the biggest miss is taking him up the local park for a run-around and have a wee kick of the football, we will have a lot of catching up to do once this is all over with

Just noticed the Welsh Government have made exercising more than once a day illegal and potentially a criminal offence. 

While the idea is to minimise contact with others unnecessarily, how exactly will this be enforced? 

EDIT: Also, when you're constantly being told to stay at home by chief medical officers, then one pisses off to a second home.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52171694

It's no wonder we have failed as a society. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

23 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just noticed the Welsh Government have made exercising more than once a day illegal and potentially a criminal offence. 

While the idea is to minimise contact with others unnecessarily, how exactly will this be enforced? 

Indeed. Using that mentality, say for example the same copper sees you twice outdoors on one day and they collar you for it. How do they ascertain where you went the first time, and where you are going the second time? I am interested in this case about who the burden of proof is on - how do you prove without a massive faff that in the morning you weren't on a cheeky additional walk as you actually went to care for someone, and this time you've realised you need an essential shop?

I think a lot of all of this has to depend on general goodwill and trust, and, as you have said a few times, people not being twats. I have felt very uneasy this past 10 days or so with the way some police forces have jumped on the public and what remains of our liberties. Don't even start me on the little Stasi bastards reporting their neighbours on nowt but their own suspicions.

Edited by tlr

So Vizcarra has made gender quarantine. Men are only allowed to leave the house on some days and Women on the remainder. Sunday nobody is allowed to go out.

Saw a photo with the streets flooded in one of the poorer districts. No wonder the cases are going up. 

Edited by Inti Brian

24 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

So Vizcarra has made gender quarantine. Men are only allowed to leave the house on some days and Women on the remainder. Sunday nobody is allowed to go out.

What if you were a man who identified as a woman? I.e you were @DeadLinesman or @Berserker

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 4

• Subscriber

Novelty this one babies disposable nappies, the wife still has kept some in the drawer for sentimental reason unused from when our grandsons were babies, I told her I would try one to see what I look like with it on and she yelled "DON'T YOU DARE...I have had them for years and they are sentimental to me..."  xD

90633246_2938293249594422_67539468143967

Took part in the 'light off' thing (Switching off lights and lighting a candle/diya for 9 minutes), just like the rest of neighbourhood (and the country).

As the few lefties here in India mock such events, it's important to remember that masses need such tiny moments of joy and feeling of solidarity in these grim times.

And yes, providing goods to the healthcare workers is way way more important. But to completely dismiss such drills is short-sighted too or see these two completely different things in the same light is wrong.

The communities need positivity, and such events provide that.