talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Even if that was true though you'd think the PM would pull through with all the care he'd be given

You can give the human body all the help in the world but if it reacts badly to something there's fuck all you can do about it.

Majority of people can pass kidney stones with little pain, my fiancee's dad passed away from it despite being in an ICU.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Even if that was true though you'd think the PM would pull through with all the care he'd be given

6 minutes ago, Rab said:

You can give the human body all the help in the world but if it reacts badly to something there's fuck all you can do about it.

This. Doesn't matter if you're the PM, a celebrity, or a president with best available care in the world. If you're fucked, you're fucked.  

Boris will get the best treatment, including plasma from a recovered patient, but how he does depends entirely on his body.

I hope he recovers. It also doesn't bode well for the nation to see its highest authority falling during a battle. It would be a psychological blow. 

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why would the media expect to be told the PM’s current medical condition? Patient confidentiality extends to pretty much everyone you fucking morons. They’re all foaming at the mouth so much at these briefings that it’s becoming embarrassing.

The media should be fully aware of confidentiality anyway. Not that it stops them of course. 

• Upvote 1

Think I mentioned it a few days ago in my post, my colleague heading up ventilator component production for us was on a conference call 11pm at night and Boris was chairing it, about 50 people on the meeting, senior doctors, Dyson etc, this wafter Boris was self isolating. 
 He should have rested but he’s tried to carry on and now he’s suffering obviously, tbh he’s gone up in my estimation massively with all this, really got stuck in, I wish him good health

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just remembered his missus is pregnant as well and was showing symptoms. Hope they can both pull through. 

I think she's on the way out of it. It's concerning that Johnson's condition has deteriorated as when he posted those videos last week he did only seem to be showing fairly mild symptoms.

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

I think she's on the way out of it. It's concerning that Johnson's condition has deteriorated as when he posted those videos last week he did only seem to be showing fairly mild symptoms.

Ah that's good about his missus. Didn't know that. 

Maybe he had underlying conditions as well that weren't publicised. 

He did look pretty rough on Thursday mind. 

42 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As someone who hates BoJo, fucking hell... I hope he gets better ASAP. I assume if he’s in intensive care he’s either on a ventilator or about to be on one.

Yes, I hope he gets better. I always had my mind on him and the virus as soon as it was announced that he had it. Prince Charles who is much older recovered, but that was no guarantee that Boris would also get better. 

To be honest, when you catch this virus, you are supposed to rest and relax. However, it seems that Boris has still been heavily concerned with running the country, despite not being well. He really should have been advised/forced to rest as soon as he knew he had it. I mean just looking at him, he's not the leanest of men, he could have already had several mild medical conditions. People much younger and fitter than him have died from Covid-19, so lets hope that he recovers and gets well.

I'm impressed at how many have recovered in Peru. Almost 1000 in a total of 2500 cases. Has our health care system improved or has the healthiest and youngest people been getting it?

Also think our cases spiraled early before slowing down. That could have something to do with it.

• Subscriber

An antiviral drug named EIDD-2801 has showed promising results on mice and will move into clinical trials soon. Action mechanism similar to that of remdesivir but unlike remdesivir, EIDD-2801 can also be taken as a pill instead of having to be administred intravenously, so offers better ease of treatment and potentially prophylaxis. Could be potentially used together with remdesivir for greater efficacy.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-04/uonc-ana040320.php

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I'm impressed at how many have recovered in Peru. Almost 1000 in a total of 2500 cases. Has our health care system improved or has the healthiest and youngest people been getting it?

Also think our cases spiraled early before slowing down. That could have something to do with it.

According to a news report Peru did very well in containing the virus. Perhaps because of that as you said a majority were healthy people. I hope this doesn't sound disrespectful but you have lived in poor countries and rich countries. I would imagine people have stronger immune systems in poorer countries because they have to with less medical care otherwise you would die of diseases that would be treatable in richer countries?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

I'm very happy for you that Peru is doing well. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1