talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Say what you like about the governments in the UK, but it's because of thick fucking cunts like these that we'll stay in lockdown for longer. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

It really isn't that fucking hard to follow simple guidance. 

Also, as I mentioned previously (and probably contradicting the first sentence), why are the Welsh Labour Government desperate to play party politics of this when there's a further meeting between the four nations this afternoon? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52230010

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

1 hour ago, Harry said:

This is a great site. I presume most here would be aware of it?

Shows basically all the data you could want. Cases, deaths recoveries, testing rates, etc. 

You didn’t post a link? Unless you mean TalkFootball365 is a great site. And then, yeah I’m aware I post here daily.

• Haha 2

On another note, today I finish my self-isolation. I obviously don't plan to go out but at least now I am able to go to the groceries myself and not have to rely on others. It's walking distance from me so it could count as exercise.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Say what you like about the governments in the UK, but it's because of thick fucking cunts like these that we'll stay in lockdown for longer. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

It really isn't that fucking hard to follow simple guidance. 

Twats, I heard about this on the radio this morning. If only this virus would punish just them with severe illness instead of them having a cough for a few days and passing it onto people who are going to suffer worse.

I think the government have to respond with tougher enforcement unfortunately. The measures are totally reasonable if people actually follow them.

• Subscriber

Fucking idiots, the majority of them have more than likely been given time off work with full pay or claiming benefits provided by the government to help them out and then all they think is I can get pissed as a newt now and not worry about work. 

This is why the Government needs to take a good long hard look at what message it's sending out... They already get a hefty £26,000+ a year expenses package for travel and anything related to their jobs so why not divert the travel expenses/other that's are not being used currently and make better use of that... 

All at a time they are asking footballers to cut back and take a pay cut they go and get awarded more money for themselves... 

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

On another note, today I finish my self-isolation. I obviously don't plan to go out but at least now I am able to go to the groceries myself and not have to rely on others. It's walking distance from me so it could count as exercise.

Looks like you'll be joining the long lines! 

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Did anyone else who got asked to work from home during this period get a £10,000 pay increase to cover their expenses??? 

Absolute joke the MPs get that boost while front line NHS workers barely get given the right equipment, or amounts of, as they battle the disease and risk their lives doing so. 

Massive slap in the face for anyone putting themselves at risk, especially while underpaid for the responsibilities they have. And then they see politicians get increases to their bank balances. Ridiculous and I feel for those frontline workers. It basically hollows out any thanks and well-wishes politicians give to those workers while their pockets get lined even further. 

Now I'll just wait for FIB to come in and tell me I'm wrong and that the £10k expenses are justified :/. All while NHS workers were having to pay for fucking parking while they risk their lives up until recently anyway after Piers Morgan went public with it all. Our country is so backwards sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Absolute joke the MPs get that boost while front line NHS workers barely get given the right equipment, or amounts of, as they battle the disease and risk their lives doing so. 

Massive slap in the face for anyone putting themselves at risk, especially while underpaid for the responsibilities they have. And then they see politicians get increases to their bank balances. Ridiculous and I feel for those frontline workers. It basically hollows out any thanks and well-wishes politicians give to those workers while their pockets get lined even further. 

Now I'll just wait for FIB to come in and tell me I'm wrong and that the £10k expenses are justified :/. All while NHS workers were having to pay for fucking parking while they risk their lives up until recently anyway after Piers Morgan went public with it all. Our country is so backwards sometimes. 

That should have been done ages ago in England. Other than Cardiff and Vale, all car parking for hospitals in Wales are free. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Stan said:

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Did anyone else who got asked to work from home during this period get a £10,000 pay increase to cover their expenses??? 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

This is why the Government needs to take a good long hard look at what message it's sending out... They already get a hefty £26,000+ a year expenses package for travel and anything related to their jobs so why not divert the travel expenses/other that's are not being used currently and make better use of that... 

All at a time they are asking footballers to cut back and take a pay cut they go and get awarded more money for themselves... 

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Fucking idiots, the majority of them have more than likely been given time off work with full pay or claiming benefits provided by the government to help them out and then all they think is I can get pissed as a newt now and not worry about work. 

Won’t justify it but I’ll correct it, they’re allowed to claim up to an extra £10k office expenses for setting up home offices and supporting constituents remotely. 

Most work from Westminster or constituency offices, This allows them to set up from home with desks, printers etc, also if they employ staff, any additional costs for their requirements are included in this allowance. 

They will have to produce receipts etc 

• Administrator

£10k though? Seems quite steep in my honest opinion.

Staffing costs I can understand but as @Bluewolf mentioned, there's already a lot that they get on top of salary (£26k+ if that's true). 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

there's already a lot that they get on top of salary (£26k+ if that's true). 

MPs are able to claim an extra £10,000 in expenses while working from home during the coronavirus pandemic.

Parliament has been suspended until 21 April at the earliest, with Boris Johnson and health secretary Matt Hancock both contracting COVID-19 in recent weeks.

While MPs continue to work from home, the extra money offered can be used for expenses such as laptops and equipment, staff salaries and electricity, heating and phone bills.

Ministers have also had their credit card limits increased to £10,000 “to help with cash flow”.

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) said ministers’ cards will not be suspended if they are unable to make minimum repayments on time.

Funds have been made available for each MP in addition to the office budget of up to £26,050 per year.

So my question would be if they already have an office budget of up to £26,500 a year why do they suddenly need an extra £10,000 just to work from home?? Surely they would just divert existing funds?? Also noted that this additional adjustment runs until the end of the year? why not just make a month by month assessment until it's no longer required?? 

• Subscriber

Preliminary results of first large-scale randomized study in a heavily affected district in Germany (Gangelt in Heinsberg) found that 14% of population has already been infected and developed immunity. Study shows that the actual case fatality rate is only 0,37%.

Original link (in German): https://www.land.nrw/sites/default/files/asset/document/zwischenergebnis_covid19_case_study_gangelt_0.pdf

8 hours ago, nudge said:

Preliminary results of first large-scale randomized study in a heavily affected district in Germany (Gangelt in Heinsberg) found that 14% of population has already been infected and developed immunity. Study shows that the actual case fatality rate is only 0,37%.

Original link (in German): https://www.land.nrw/sites/default/files/asset/document/zwischenergebnis_covid19_case_study_gangelt_0.pdf

Do they have any 5G masts in that area?:ph34r:

On a serious note,  there are an estimated 12000 deaths in Madrid so far. If fataility rate is 0.37% then Madrid would have 24000 deaths from 100% infection rate. They're half that now. Madrid would have to have something in the range of 2 to 4 million cases rather than about 400k that the WHO fatality rates would estimate :o

Back of a beer mat estimates obviously 

11 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

MPs are able to claim an extra £10,000 in expenses while working from home during the coronavirus pandemic.

Parliament has been suspended until 21 April at the earliest, with Boris Johnson and health secretary Matt Hancock both contracting COVID-19 in recent weeks.

While MPs continue to work from home, the extra money offered can be used for expenses such as laptops and equipment, staff salaries and electricity, heating and phone bills.

Ministers have also had their credit card limits increased to £10,000 “to help with cash flow”.

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) said ministers’ cards will not be suspended if they are unable to make minimum repayments on time.

Funds have been made available for each MP in addition to the office budget of up to £26,050 per year.

So my question would be if they already have an office budget of up to £26,500 a year why do they suddenly need an extra £10,000 just to work from home?? Surely they would just divert existing funds?? Also noted that this additional adjustment runs until the end of the year? why not just make a month by month assessment until it's no longer required?? 

11 hours ago, Stan said:

£36k office budget then xD 

Madness.

If it’s per annum then presumably it’s not that bad, assumptions here but. 

Locally Neena Gil (Lab) office is just outside our city centre, rent is going to be roughly £1k p/m I’m assuming rent and bills come out that budget.

if she has staff then she may need to buy them printers, laptops etc, the IT support required to set that up so they can work remotely. Couriers for case files etc. 

£36k p/a for that sort of thing isn’t that bad tbh

• Subscriber

The headlines have made the 10k thing sound worse than it is. At the end of the day they shouldn't have to put their hands in their own pockets to pay for materials necessary to do their incredibly important jobs any more than anybody else. It isn't a pay rise.