talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Found myself agreeing with Piers Morgan a lot more in last few weeks. Didn't think that would happen xD

It’s hard to fault him through this tbf, he is calling the cunts out for being cunts. He’s still a cunt himself, but at least he’s asking the questions that people want asked. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

My wife was a nurse and the shit she has to deal with on occasion baffles me. 

My mate was in ICU a couple of years back and when I went to visit him once, a patient got really abusive to the point of being violent and nurses threatening to call security to calm him down. 

Absolutely ridiculous really, especially in an ICU as well. 

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

My mate was in ICU a couple of years back and when I went to visit him once, a patient got really abusive to the point of being violent and nurses threatening to call security to calm him down. 

Absolutely ridiculous really, especially in an ICU as well. 

It's insane. Having had a personal experience with ICU staff, they deserve at least double of whatever they're currently receiving. Unbelievably caring people.

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Same here really. I'm working from home for the foreseeable future as I work in NHS Wales, but generally checking the updates from Welsh and UK Governments only. 

Constantly chatting about it or checking is going to get more depressing as shit otherwise. 

I wonder if that might partly explains this 

42 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I wonder if that might partly explains this 

Pretty interesting to see that. I haven't really read the media's questions to officials but from what I gather, it's generally the same questions asked or trying to get brownie points than anything. 

I haven't read Walesonline (which is part of the Mirror's lot and pro Labour) much throughout this so wonder if they've been criticising much while backing our lot. 

I also heard the amount of people we tested in Wales yesterday. I'll let you have a guess as it's shocking really. 

4 hours ago, Rab said:

I've kinda stopped following everything because it's depressing as fuck to read.

Are we any closer to a vaccine or a solution that allows us to leave the house?

I only watched the news for the first week. after that I stopped as I knew they'd just be spouting the same shit.

• Administrator

@Gunnersauraus does this affect you positively?

Furlough date was initially for those employed up to and on Feb 28th. It's now been extended to March 19th...

More than 200,000 more employees could now be furloughed following changes to the government scheme to help pay people's wages.

The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which covers 80% of workers' pay, will take applications from Monday from companies which have laid off workers.

Initially, it only supported those already employed on February 28. The cut-off date is now to 19 March.

However, many recently employed workers will still miss out.

Workers need to have been on the payroll by 19 March - the day before the scheme was first announced. This will not cover people who were not put on the PAYE system until later in the month.

Employers would need to have notified HM Revenue and Customs that a new employee was on the payroll. This is done through the Real Time Information (RTI) system which updates the tax authority when someone is paid.

So somebody paid late in March is unlikely to be covered by their current employer.

However, the Treasury wants to guard against businesses hiring "ghost" employees to fraudulently claim furlough payments.

The plight of new starters has prompted a campaign for them to be included in the furlough scheme by unions, opposition parties, and the workers themselves

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52279455

• Administrator

106 y/o recovers from Coronavirus :D 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-52296196

A 106-year-old great-grandmother, thought to be Britain's oldest patient to recover from coronavirus, has been discharged from hospital.

Connie Titchen was applauded by staff as she left Birmingham's City Hospital on Tuesday, after three weeks.

Retired shop worker Ms Titchen, from the city, was admitted in mid-March with suspected pneumonia, the hospital said.

She said: "I feel very lucky that I've fought off this virus."

In a statement released by Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust, Ms Titchen said she could not "wait to see" her family.

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

Found myself agreeing with Piers Morgan a lot more in last few weeks. Didn't think that would happen xD

I love how Piers Morgan has become what he would previously have called a "rampant lefty".

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Germany relaxing rules from start of May. Schools to open around then. 

Careful with this, I saw the same headline but it turns out it will initially only be for certain pupils. Schools in the UK are still open to an extent already with vulnerable students and those that have key workers for parents still attending with a skeleton staff in school. I was in school on Monday morning, providing what I suppose amounts to a "daycare" service for those kids who sadly have nowhere else to go during the day.

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I love how Piers Morgan has become what he would previously have called a "rampant lefty".

Careful with this, I saw the same headline but it turns out it will initially only be for certain pupils. Schools in the UK are still open to an extent already with vulnerable students and those that have key workers for parents still attending with a skeleton staff in school. I was in school on Monday morning, providing what I suppose amounts to a "daycare" service for those kids who sadly have nowhere else to go during the day.

Yes, the decisive factor whether pupils return to school is their age. Pupils in elementary school and what is called Sekundarstufe I, so basically pupils up to the age of 16 will return to school, while older ones are expected to be schooled as before. That's an essential difference from opening schools for every pupil, still less limited as handled in the UK.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Yes, the decisive factor whether pupils return to school is their age. Pupils in elementary school and what is called Sekundarstufe I, so basically pupils up to the age of 16 will return to school, while older ones are expected to be schooled as before. That's an essential difference from opening schools for every pupil, still less limited as handled in the UK.

That's most students then. I'm surprised by that.