talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

Evidence in the US that Georgia and Florida have been hiding the true number of cases and deaths. https://news.yahoo.com/georgias-coronavirus-numbers-made-reopening-183733274.html - Georgia's done it to justify reopening @Eco - so err... keep staying inside mate.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/department-health-underreporting-covid-19-deaths-orange-osceola-counties/EXM4XIHMCJDABBPBJD3JIVYL4U/ - Florida's been all over the national media with this story today.

Pretty shocking stuff from the supposed "leader of the free world" to be doing the same kind of shite I'd expect of China and Iran, two countries where people are very very much not free.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Evidence in the US that Georgia and Florida have been hiding the true number of cases and deaths. https://news.yahoo.com/georgias-coronavirus-numbers-made-reopening-183733274.html - Georgia's done it to justify reopening @Eco - so err... keep staying inside mate.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/department-health-underreporting-covid-19-deaths-orange-osceola-counties/EXM4XIHMCJDABBPBJD3JIVYL4U/ - Florida's been all over the national media with this story today.

Pretty shocking stuff from the supposed "leader of the free world" to be doing the same kind of shite I'd expect of China and Iran, two countries where people are very very much not free.

It's ironic as I'm sure they're pointing the finger at China for certain things, then they turn out to be no better than them anyway if they're fudging the figures too.

38 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Open up that article. Look to the right of what is trending.

source.gif

The one from the Florida local news?

There's all kinds of insane shite on that page if you look closely enough xD. Florida seems like arguably one of the most mental places in the world.

The breaking headline at the top right now is pretty good too.

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Donald Trump reveals he's taking hydroxychloroquine preemptively, to ward off the coronavirus.

When he said that on TV it looked like when he’s up in front of cameras just lying for the sake of it. I suspect he invests in the manufacturer

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When he said that on TV it looked like when he’s up in front of cameras just lying for the sake of it. I suspect he invests in the manufacturer

Honestly I don't think he's smart enough to make that move. My thought was he was just trying to be in control of the news cycle by dictating the terms.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But on the plus side there's a chance it's true, in which case bleach injections could be just around the corner! 

:ph34r:

Was it just me or was Boris flapping a bit in the PMQ's and getting borderline annoyed at having questions put to him about Care Homes... Also his comedy sidekick Hancock looked a bit nervous at some points when the camera panned over to him... I also notice that NOW we are interested in doing comparisons with other countries when a few weeks ago they abandoned them when it came to the Death rate stats.... 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Was it just me or was Boris flapping a bit in the PMQ's and getting borderline annoyed at having questions put to him about Care Homes... Also his comedy sidekick Hancock looked a bit nervous at some points when the camera panned over to him... I also notice that NOW we are interested in doing comparisons with other countries when a few weeks ago they abandoned them when it came to the Death rate stats.... 

Oh it was superb mate xD

IMG_20200520_130633.jpg.c8b3edd925dfd133a870803e375841dc.jpg

Hearing your own words quoted against you must make him sore xD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Oh it was superb mate xD

IMG_20200520_130633.jpg.c8b3edd925dfd133a870803e375841dc.jpg

Hearing your own words quoted against you must make him sore xD

That's the one, and then there was a little nervous shuffle of the tie.... When Starmer said "And I quote" he looked worried... 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

That's the one, and then there was a little nervous shuffle of the tie.... When Starmer said "And I quote" he looked worried... 

You know at that moment he's probably done his best Gary Lineker impression and absolutely shat himself. 

19 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I see George Useless is asking for Furloughed staff to start going out on the farms picking fruit and helping out with the harvest.... they are determined to get people back out there wherever they can... 

You need Vitamin D, there’s mounting evidence that vitamin D deficiency is a serious problem with this disease. Plus we need food and it’s a way to rescue the harvest and ensure we’re fed. I’m lucky enough to have worked continuously throughout but if I was furloughed and had mouths to feed I’d be harvesting. 

Did anybody see the BBC Horizon coronavirus special last night? I thought it was very good it went into detail about the vast majority of the talking points that have dominated the narrative over the last few weeks.

The London Institute of tropical diseases basically telling them that mast testing is a bit of a white elephant was fucking hilarious considering how utterly rapid sections of our media have been for weeks.

What was really interesting was when they broke down and ethnicity and how this had affected mortality rates, for example black people were four times more likely to die than white people. Pakistani and Bangladeshi people where approximately three times. What they did was they looked at this and they correlated with areas of lower Income which is more likely to have higher mortality rates because those areas tend to have higher proportions of pre-existing health conditions. They took this into account when they were doing their research and they still found that even if you account for this,  BAME as they’re now being called were still more likely to be affected that white or Chinese (although Chinese are also slightly more at risk than white). 

My opinion is that vitamin D if shown to be a big factor also explains this, skin pigmentation does effect vitamin d absorption so it goes some way to explaining why vitamin D is all of a sudden a big factor here. 

Another thing they addressed was that Chinese New Year is now the biggest movement of people on the planet and that this pandemic hit just in time for it has played a massive part in its spread compared with SARS as the Chinese infrastructure of 2003 is 1/10th the size of its current state allowing for a rapid spread. 

Another thing that was pointed out this morning on BBC was that approximately one third of all deaths in the UK are Type II diabetes so that’s our national obesity & that’s why we are more affected than places like Italy. 

Make no mistake we’re going to have to change  as a society after this, we have to start living healthy lives and our government is going to have to address the time bomb that is our obesity crisis 

Edited by Fairy In Boots

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Another thing they addressed was that Chinese New Year is now the biggest movement of people on the planet and that this pandemic hit just in time for it has played a massive part in its spread compared with SARS as the Chinese infrastructure of 2003 is 1/10th the size of its current state allowing for a rapid spread. 

Make no mistake we’re going to have to change  as a society after this, we have to start living healthy lives and our government is going to have to address the time bomb that is our obesity crisis 

Think it was mentioned near the start of the outbreak that Chinese New Year was a huge catalyst for it.

Agree with the bottom statement. Needed change for a while but it's just how we've gone about it.

I try not to get hung up too much on seeing all these long queues at drive-thrus now that fast-food chains have re-opened but kind of tells you a lot - how much people are pining to back and hit those chains and even more so, happily sit for 2-3 hours in their car just to get on a limited menu (at McDonalds, anyway). 

I don't mind having fast food but not that desperate xD 

Plus it's about exercise not just the food served up anyway. I have no idea what it's like in schools these days but I remember in all my school years from lower through to 6th form there was emphasis on PE/Games and sport time throughout the week. 

I still remember being ill in January and it was definitely this. I felt like I was getting bronchitis, couldn't breath when doing tasks I always do and completely lost my sense of smell/taste for 10 days, the latter I was paranoid as fuck about as I'd never completely lost my sense of smell and taste before. 

After speaking to a few people today on the phone I now know atleast 8 people from(or who worked) around here who all had the same and are now looking back on it and realising what they probably had. We all get flu and colds but this was leading people to Google what they had caught, as it was different to your usual cold or flu. I was skitzing thinking I'd lost my sense of smell and taste forever, my mate was at home for 10 days googling Weil's disease, another was rubbing Vicks all over his face...😂

It's been here longer than people claim if you ask me. I was taking the piss at the time saying I had it, although didn't think I actually did as it had only been reported in the far east at that point. Looking back now though, it must have been it, I cannot think what else it'd have been.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think it was mentioned near the start of the outbreak that Chinese New Year was a huge catalyst for it.

Agree with the bottom statement. Needed change for a while but it's just how we've gone about it.

I try not to get hung up too much on seeing all these long queues at drive-thrus now that fast-food chains have re-opened but kind of tells you a lot - how much people are pining to back and hit those chains and even more so, happily sit for 2-3 hours in their car just to get on a limited menu (at McDonalds, anyway). 

I don't mind having fast food but not that desperate xD 

Plus it's about exercise not just the food served up anyway. I have no idea what it's like in schools these days but I remember in all my school years from lower through to 6th form there was emphasis on PE/Games and sport time throughout the week. 

Our school was full of fizzy drink machines and chocolate bar machines. As for dinners, anything unhealthy you can think of such as burgers or pizzas xD. Our school dinners were actually top notch, especially the chicken burgers and chips they serve up.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Our school was full of fizzy drink machines and chocolate bar machines. As for dinners, anything unhealthy you can think of such as burgers or pizzas xD. Our school dinners were actually top notch, especially the chicken burgers and chips they serve up.

Oh don't get me wrong there was all that too :D 

Friday's were always pizza and chips. Beautiful.

I used to help run the tuck shop in middle school and used to take so much crap xD

7 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Our school was full of fizzy drink machines and chocolate bar machines. As for dinners, anything unhealthy you can think of such as burgers or pizzas

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lucky bastards.... When I was at school, normally just Mondays and Wednesdays we used to have to line up with metal trays like prisoners and every dinner lady each more grizzly looking than the last used to plop something on your plate and you would have to eat it even if you didn't like it... One blob of lumpy mashed potato, peas and some form of meat or meat pulp and then the last lady squeezing as much juice out of the tea towel on it to give it moisture.. Don't even get me started on the puddings... They used to throw the stuff in the bowl so hard that half the custard would end up on your face and clothes... When they used to do Liver & Gravy I swear it would have been easier trying to cut through the sole of a shoe... If you were lucky though you might be one of the ones picked to help do the washing up after then at least you got to put your hands in warm water for a while... 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh don't get me wrong there was all that too :D 

I used to help run the tuck shop in middle school and used to take so much crap xD

I bet it has seriously changed over the years in terms of unhealthy food and sugar. Nobody cared in the 90s or very early 00s xD.

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Lucky bastards.... When I was at school, normally just Mondays and Wednesdays we used to have to line up with metal trays like prisoners and every dinner lady each more grizzly looking than the last used to plop something on your plate and you would have to eat it even if you didn't like it... One blob of lumpy mashed potato, peas and some form of meat or meat pulp and then the last lady squeezing as much juice out of the tea towel on it to give it moisture.. Don't even get me started on the puddings... They used to throw the stuff in the bowl so hard that half the custard would end up on your face and clothes... When they used to do Liver & Gravy I swear it would have been easier trying to cut through the sole of a shoe... If you were lucky though you might be one of the ones picked to help do the washing up after then at least you got to put your hands in warm water for a while... 

I'd say I went to secondary school at the perfect time to be honest. 

There was also the £1 special from the local chippy. Sausage, chips and gravy(or peas/curry) for just a quid! You can't even afford the gravy on its own for that now.

3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'd say I went to secondary school at the perfect time to be honest. 

There was also the £1 special from the local chippy. Sausage, chips and gravy(or peas/curry) for just a quid! 

Did it come in proper newspaper though?? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Did it come in proper newspaper though?? 

Hahahaha, the good old days, I can remember my old man coming home with fish and chips all wrapped up in newspaper and after eating the lot, sit there reading the greasy stories with a bottle of lager.

I loved going to the fish & chip shop and doing the same, see them wrap them into white paper then a newspaper as double wrapping, trading standards and health & safety has changed all that nowadays.