talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

My uncle died this afternoon. 

It´s such a tricky disease, we thought he was cured and then he ended up returning to the hospital last week and died there. :(

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear that :(

Thoughts with you and your family at this difficult time. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

It´s such a tricky disease, we thought he was cured and then he ended up returning to the hospital last week and died there. :(

Sorry to hear that :( 

RIP.

• Like 1

• Administrator

UK authorises anti-viral drug remdesivir

From Reuters:

A drug treatment that appears to shorten recovery time for people with coronavirus is being made available on the National Health Service in the UK.

Remdesivir is an anti-viral medicine that was originally developed to fight ebola.

UK regulators say there is enough evidence to approve its use in selected hospital patients.

Remember when I said about the Welsh Government (or ministers at least) taking potshots and being hypocritical? 

Here's our Health Minister Vaughan Gething saying he 'would have quit' or 'would have been sacked' if he did the same. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52805994

While I agree that he probably would have had to resign in some form or another (though more likely under pressure rather than him or Drakeford saying so), I find it a tad hypocritical for someone having a dig when they also have been accused of breaking lockdown rules (albeit to a much lesser extent) and amending his own rules shortly after to allow it. 

19 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Very sorry to hear that.

Everton spoke out after his grandfather died no? Every day Bolsonaro edges as the worst "leader" there is in this crisis.

• Like 1

George Forsyth, the mayor of La Victoria almost cried in a conference yesterday when he saw that over 300,000 people went shopping at clothes store Gamarra.

We won't overtake Brazil and the USA in numbers, but I wouldn't be surprised if as a single city, Lima becomes the worlds hotspot for the virus. I am terrified for my friends and family.

Thank you very much for all the messages guys. I really appreciate it. 

4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Very sorry to hear that.

Everton spoke out after his grandfather died no? Every day Bolsonaro edges as the worst "leader" there is in this crisis.

Everton from Grêmio? I didn´t know that. I´ll check it out. 

Bolsonaro is definitely the worst leader in the world when it comes to the response to the coronavirus, I agree.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Thank you very much for all the messages guys. I really appreciate it. 

Everton from Grêmio? I didn´t know that. I´ll check it out. 

Bolsonaro is definitely the worst leader in the world when it comes to the response to the coronavirus, I agree.

https://rpp.pe/futbol/futbol-mundial/coronavirus-seleccion-de-brasil-everton-tras-el-fallecimiento-de-su-abuelo-por-covid-19-parece-que-el-mundo-se-me-ha-derrumbado-gremio-brasileirao-noticia-1267407

"Bolsonaro, no es una simple gripecita"

He was furious.

• Administrator

Woman arrested for selling fake 'all-clears' in Peru

A market trader in Peru has been arrested for selling fake certificates, showing a person is clear of Covid-19, to fellow stall holders.

The fruit market in La Victoria, Lima, recently reopened after a Covid-19 outbreak.

Rules imposed by the mayor, George Forsyth (a former international footballer) meant traders needed a certificate before they could work.

The woman allegedly sold the certificates for 50 soles (£12; $15) and was arrested while apparently making a sale.

@Inti Brian xD 

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear about your loss @El ProfesorProfesor

@topic

My city, Mumbai, is expected to match New York's numbers in the coming days. Meanwhile the Chief Minister of the state is busy with publicity to make himself look good, rather than doing any fucking good.

So while, most of the country might open on 1st June, I think my city is looking at worse days.

• Like 1