talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Can someone remind me how long Italy were in lockdown please? 

I have it in my head as two months but can't remember. 

Certain towns in Lombardy were in lockdown in the end of February, nationwide lockdown officially started on March 9th.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Certain towns in Lombardy were in lockdown in the end of February, nationwide lockdown officially started on March 9th.

Are they still in lockdown now or have restrictions eased to the point of being able to go out etc.?

I've lost track on other countries a bit in regards to who's still in lockdown, who can do things etc. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Are they still in lockdown now or have restrictions eased to the point of being able to go out etc.?

I've lost track on other countries a bit in regards to who's still in lockdown, who can do things etc. 

They started easing it out in the beginning of May, people are definitely able to go out and the bars/restaurants are allowed to reopen, as much as I'm aware. 

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

They started easing it out in the beginning of May, people are definitely able to go out and the bars/restaurants are allowed to reopen, as much as I'm aware. 

So roughly about the two months I mentioned before? 

Sorry about the constant questions but as Italy was considered the centre of the pandemic in Europe, I want to get a simple bit of background before I provide a response in here. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So roughly about the two months I mentioned before? 

Sorry about the constant questions but as Italy was considered the centre of the pandemic in Europe, I want to get a simple bit of background before I provide a response in here. 

Yes, sounds about right. Two months of "hard" lockdown and then started gradually removing restrictions. I think they're about to remove the travel ban between provinces too. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

One dissenter within SAGE briefing the media that lockdown relaxation at this current point is a political decision and not a scientific one. 

Quite a few advisers within SAGE saying so. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Thought the Government were following the science?? 

Up to the point they don't agree with it or political favourings take precedence.

@Stan mentioned about the timing of the decision on lockdown rules on Thursday and I was reading this... 

Northumbria's Labour Police and Crime Commissioner said Boris Johnson's announcement about six people from different household being allowed to meet up was made just before a hot and sunny weekend forecast was predicted.

Kim McGuinness said it was as if the policy was "rushed forward to help ministers in a difficult position”.

Ms McGuinness said: “One of the hallmarks of the Government’s handling of this deadly pandemic has sadly been a series of mistimed and badly explained messages. “By pre-announcing changes to lockdown ahead of a tempting weekend of sunshine, the PM must have known he was going to create a situation that is difficult to police.

“The messaging looks like it was rushed forward to help ministers in a difficult position.

“When our country eventually gets through this and the inevitable inquiry into the Government’s handling takes place, the communications plan, or the lack of, will have to be part of that.

Meanwhile Labour councillor Ian Gilbert, from Southend on Sea Borough Council in Essex, said the timings of a number of Government announcements “haven’t been helpful”.

Asked if he thinks Mr Johnson should have waited until Sunday to announce changes to the rules on Monday, Mr Gilbert said: “Yes. I think, from our point of view, in terms of managing public spaces, absolutely.

“Unfortunately I think the whole way that the debate has gone over the past week, with the business about (Number 10 aide Dominic) Cummings and what have you, has all unfortunately contributed to a general sense that lockdown is over.”

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Up to the point they don't agree with it or political favourings take precedence.

Like the Comparison chart they used for 7 weeks and then dumped suddenly when we were at the top for deaths in Europe?? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

@Stan mentioned about the timing of the decision on lockdown rules on Thursday and I was reading this... 

It does make you wonder, right? 

Even if it's a comms thing with the Police, getting them prepared for Monday's changes, could they not just disclose it to them, first, instead of plastering it over the media (through 'sources' between journos/government.

Ironically it makes the Police's job harder. Managing surge in crowds on a hot weekend before changes are official. Agree that government communications through the whole thing has been lacklustre at times, confusing at most.

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Like the Comparison chart they used for 7 weeks and then dumped suddenly when we were at the top for deaths in Europe?? 

And like the number of people tested being 'unavailable' for a whole week now...

Seems mad that we're relaxing 'lockdown' when you look at the number of deaths yesterday in the UK compared to other countries in Europe.

Unfortunately I've seen pictures and videos from people I know today clearly not social distancing in gardens

Edited by LFCMike

• Administrator

Went to a local park today for a walk only.

Saw 2 separate groups of about 9-10 people each. No social distancing and about 1% chance, if that, they're all living in the same household given they all looked similar ages.

2 police officers also walking around. Walked straight past the groups. Not even a warning to socially distance. Not even a cursory look in their direction to think there may be an issue.

It's no wonder people go out to parks and take the risk - when they know it's unlikely police will do anything, what's the deterrent :what:

• Subscriber

We've had no new cases for 9 days and only 3 left in self isolation. We're still supposed to keep 2m when we go out and people are still observing it more or less. I met some of my mates at the beach tonight and there were loads of people out in groups. Plenty of people not strictly observing the 2m rule but its not like people are taking the piss and having massive pile ons.

It's a weird one for us now because while there still could be symptomless cases, no positive tests in 9 days is making people think (including me to an extent) that we've literally got rid of it over here. The next question is when do we open the borders to the UK again? Not soon hopefully. I think it's mad that you guys are lifting restrictions about the same time as us or a few days behind when the R number is barely below 0. There's also massive variance in different parts of the UK which makes the government's insistence that a regional listing is for some reason unacceptable (partly because they can't monitor travel between regions so fair enough to an extent) a bit difficult for them overall.

Seen multiple games of football in my local park, 7 and 11 asides. One group brought their own nets and corner flags. Basketball court is constantly rammed, mainly kids from the surrounding estates as opposed to families.

Families having large gatherings, picnics and BBQs, a few Eid celebrations. It seems to be a party for a lot of people. A lot of people need to be held accountable for their actions, but this has also coincided with govts relaxing of rules and vague statements on rules.

48 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We've had no new cases for 9 days and only 3 left in self isolation. We're still supposed to keep 2m when we go out and people are still observing it more or less. I met some of my mates at the beach tonight and there were loads of people out in groups. Plenty of people not strictly observing the 2m rule but its not like people are taking the piss and having massive pile ons.

It's a weird one for us now because while there still could be symptomless cases, no positive tests in 9 days is making people think (including me to an extent) that we've literally got rid of it over here. The next question is when do we open the borders to the UK again? Not soon hopefully. I think it's mad that you guys are lifting restrictions about the same time as us or a few days behind when the R number is barely below 0. There's also massive variance in different parts of the UK which makes the government's insistence that a regional listing is for some reason unacceptable (partly because they can't monitor travel between regions so fair enough to an extent) a bit difficult for them overall.

You’re on the Isle of Man aren’t you?

14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Seems mad that we're relaxing 'lockdown' when you look at the number of deaths yesterday in the UK compared to other countries in Europe.

Unfortunately I've seen pictures and videos from people I know today clearly not social distancing in gardens

We're similar in Wales regarding people not doing much social distancing or just simply being fed up by still being in lockdown. 

While where I live (as in my actual area and not RCT as a whole) seems to be fine for the majority, I've read that Wales as a whole has been one of the worst affected (based on per 100k), despite being in lockdown for 10 weeks. 

16 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Deaths on a given day are typically from infections 14-30 days ago.

What matters more are new cases and where (geographically and whether in general public or care/hospital setting). 8k a day and a small uptick in London last week.

England is a massive country. More people live on my street than live in Wales. I'm surprised England isn't taking a regional approach to lockdown relaxation based on hot spots found in testing.