talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator

55 UK deaths reported in last 24 hours. Lowest number of deaths and cases since start of lockdown. 

Monday figures usually are lower because if weekend numbers but even so, it's promising nonetheless. 

This was an interesting article on the current testing within the UK where it is being claimed that they are double counting one test per person as two separate tests... Each person has a Mouth and Nasal swab as part of the test and it is being alleged that the Government are counting this as 2 tests instead of one so that it helps reach their targets.. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/tens-thousands-coronavirus-tests-have-double-counted-officials/

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This was an interesting article on the current testing within the UK where it is being claimed that they are double counting one test per person as two separate tests... Each person has a Mouth and Nasal swab as part of the test and it is being alleged that the Government are counting this as 2 tests instead of one so that it helps reach their targets.. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/tens-thousands-coronavirus-tests-have-double-counted-officials/

Think that's been happening for a few weeks.

Crafty from the government but I won't put anything past them these days as a way to con/mislead the public...

In terms of world wide, there have been more cases than ever reported today.

Europe obviously improving but world wide, it's still far from over.

It's inevitable that there will also be a second wave here in England aswell due to recent antics across the country from people having raves and parties, to beach goers, to protesters and rioters. It has all the makings for a second wave that could be even bigger than the first. Let's just hope the virus doesn't mutate into a deadlier form. In fact let's hope it mutates into a much milder form.

All we need now is a world war at the end of it.

We'll all be living underground by as early as 2022!!

• Administrator

Go Malta!

The people of Malta are to be handed 100 euro (£89) vouchers to spend in the country's bars, hotels and restaurants as the government seeks to kickstart the economy.

Around a quarter of Malta's GDP comes from tourism, which has been halted completely since mid-March due to Covid-19.

In response, the government plans to hand out five 20 euro vouchers to everyone over the age of 16. Four must be used in hotels or restaurants.

Separately, a monthly wage subsidy of 800 euros per worker in the tourism sector will run until September.

Peru seems to be getting less new cases per day. Some positive news from our end, but it will still be a little bit before we're past the worst of it.

There also seems to be a relatively low death toll and people in serious/critical condition. Almost 6k and only 1000 in serious condition. All that and we are set to overtake Italy.

I hope it ends soon. I have 2 family members at risk. My 80 year old grandmother and my cousin who got ill a few years ago and could still be recovering.

17 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

In terms of world wide, there have been more cases than ever reported today.

Europe obviously improving but world wide, it's still far from over.

It's inevitable that there will also be a second wave here in England aswell due to recent antics across the country from people having raves and parties, to beach goers, to protesters and rioters. It has all the makings for a second wave that could be even bigger than the first. Let's just hope the virus doesn't mutate into a deadlier form. In fact let's hope it mutates into a much milder form.

All we need now is a world war at the end of it.

We'll all be living underground by as early as 2022!!

You can thank 3 countries and 3 countries only for the record number of cases: Russia, Brazil and USA.

Also, there is absolutely no script saying there will be a second wave. It's a huge possibility, but who says the virus is going to mutate? What a big conspiracy theory and I hear it a lot as if it's part of a script or if its "Spanish Flu rewritten". This isn't a written story folks. No one knows what's going to happen next.

Also, South Korea and China didn't have second waves. They both had a small second outbreak in certain cities. South Korea thanks to that night club fiasco and China due to Russians entering a city (not sure about the name) with the virus. Otherwise, there's not been anything.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

It's a huge possibility, but who says the virus is going to mutate?

All viruses mutate. It's a natural part of their life cycle. RNA viruses have especially high mutation rate. SARS-CoV-2 (which is an RNA virus) is also mutating as it passes from person to person, although relatively slowly, and those new versions are extremely close to the original. Mutation isn't some scary shit anyway, it's just a change in the virus' genetic code which is the result of "errors" that happen when the virus replicates itself in a host. Most of these mutations are very minor and  have absolutely no significance on how the virus behaves.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

You can thank 3 countries and 3 countries only for the record number of cases: Russia, Brazil and USA.

Also, there is absolutely no script saying there will be a second wave. It's a huge possibility, but who says the virus is going to mutate? What a big conspiracy theory and I hear it a lot as if it's part of a script or if its "Spanish Flu rewritten". This isn't a written story folks. No one knows what's going to happen next.

Also, South Korea and China didn't have second waves. They both had a small second outbreak in certain cities. South Korea thanks to that night club fiasco and China due to Russians entering a city (not sure about the name) with the virus. Otherwise, there's not been anything.

China and Korea weren't affected anywhere near as bad in the end. China is the size of England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany combined and they only had 80,000 cases, while these countries combined have had over a million. These countries between them have had more deaths than China had cases. 

It's also already mutated quite alot of times as all viruses do.

It just seems too contagious for it to just disappear. You'd expect someone to always have it.

Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

China and Korea weren't affected anywhere near as bad in the end. China is the size of England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany combined and they only had 80,000 cases, while these countries combined have had over a million. These countries between them have had more deaths than China had cases. 

It's also already mutated quite alot of times as all viruses do.

It just seems too contagious for it to just disappear. You'd expect someone to always have it.

With how contagious it is, it really only takes a couple of cases for a "second wave" to arise.

And yes, it has mutated like all viruses but these Spanish Flu comparisons (so far) are silly as we're still far from being able to say that. Just because it's a pandemic, doesn't mean it's the "same story".

I just hate this mentality that a second wave will happen as if it's part of a script. Like I said, it's likely but it's not guaranteed to happen.

Only thing I agree with is that the virus won't go away. It will just become weaker and be another one in the category of viruses that are gone for the firstborn like Measles and Mumps.

With California reopening I've got to be in the office on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Seems far too early for me to be back here, considering we've had something like 150 new cases yesterday. So if I get COVID... I'm going to blame my employer.

Pretty unhappy to be back here tbh.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

With California reopening I've got to be in the office on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Seems far too early for me to be back here, considering we've had something like 150 new cases yesterday. So if I get COVID... I'm going to blame my employer.

Pretty unhappy to be back here tbh.

Are you working hard?

They are now going to be removing a lot of sugar and salt from foods and drinks in the country according to a nutritionist on tele.

So like Lucozade, the likes of Coke will now no longer be drinkable as it'll taste like shit, and the likes of Mcdonalds burgers and other foods you may want to treat yourself to will also start turning shite due to all new changes in ingredients, etc? It'll probably also lead to various foods being banned entirely. Why should, what people regard as a bit of a luxury, be taken away because of a minority of obese people who are usually that way more because of the amount they eat and lack of exercise rather than the actual foods or drinks themselves? May not sound a big deal, but this is all principle. People are within their right to eat what they want. Let's just fucking ban everything.They will probably ban meat altogether soon, no more alcohol, can't walk down the street in case you fall off a 6 inch curb....Everything's offensive or a big health and safety risk in this country and it's genuinely embarrassing. "It's a risk to health" and how much shite do we breath in in terms of co2 gasses? How many people die due to car accidents everyday? How many people die at work on farms and in construction jobs every year and how many injuries? Let's just literally ban everything in life.

It's a very patronising country this. Whenever you turn on the tv screens, some stuck up posh gimp is telling us how to live, how to eat, how to drink, how to do this, or that. Just fuck off is all I can say. It's pathetic.

They are using covid as an excuse, what aload of nonsense. Letting a virus into your country in the first place is the problem. If a virus starts out in a country, then you take it far more seriously. Not allow it to kill loads of people then use the foods people consume as an excuse, track everyone's phones, or whatever other nonsense they are going to invent and use Covid as an excuse for.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

They are now going to be removing a lot of sugar and salt from foods and drinks in the country according to a nutritionist on tele.

So like Lucozade, the likes of Coke will now no longer be drinkable as it'll taste like shit, and the likes of Mcdonalds burgers and other foods you may want to treat yourself to will also start turning shite due to all new changes in ingredients, etc? It'll probably also lead to various foods being banned entirely. Why should, what people regard as a bit of a luxury, be taken away because of a minority of obese people who are usually that way more because of the amount they eat and lack of exercise rather than the actual foods or drinks themselves? May not sound a big deal, but this is all principle. People are within their right to eat what they want. Let's just fucking ban everything.They will probably ban meat altogether soon, no more alcohol, can't walk down the street in case you fall off a 6 inch curb....Everything's offensive or a big health and safety risk in this country and it's genuinely embarrassing. "It's a risk to health" and how much shite do we breath in in terms of co2 gasses? How many people die due to car accidents everyday? How many people die at work on farms and in construction jobs every year and how many injuries? Let's just literally ban everything in life.

It's a very patronising country this. Whenever you turn on the tv screens, some stuck up posh gimp is telling us how to live, how to eat, how to drink, how to do this, or that. Just fuck off is all I can say. It's pathetic.

They are using covid as an excuse, what aload of nonsense. Letting a virus into your country in the first place is the problem. If a virus starts out in a country, then you take it far more seriously. Not allow it to kill loads of people then use the foods people consume as an excuse, track everyone's phones, or whatever other nonsense they are going to invent and use Covid as an excuse for.

Our lot atetrying to price us out with the minimum unit pricing in Wales as part of improving health here. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Our lot atetrying to price us out with the minimum unit pricing in Wales as part of improving health here. 

Better than here. They banned alcohol sale altogether and then the prices started skyrocketing post that. I generally stock up for 90 days regardless of a pandemic or not as I just cant be arsed to go out and buy stuff everytime i want to drink but I know people who said it was pure chaos. On the day the government opened the bars it was a record sale in the state and not any small numbers either. 

55 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Better than here. They banned alcohol sale altogether and then the prices started skyrocketing post that. I generally stock up for 90 days regardless of a pandemic or not as I just cant be arsed to go out and buy stuff everytime i want to drink but I know people who said it was pure chaos. On the day the government opened the bars it was a record sale in the state and not any small numbers either. 

And 3-4 KMs long queues.xD

@topic

Cases are increasing here after the partial opening.

My floor has been sealed for 14 days  after one of my neighbours caught it. No one on my floor is being allowed to step out of the house,  apart from throwing their garbage which the authorities come to collect. 

Funnily on the first day of this floor lock down I gave a 15 minute long lecture to my mum and wife to use the food carefully and ration as much as they could. 

I get up next day to find them cooking three different types of vegetables. :dam:

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

And 3-4 KMs long queues.xD

@topic

Cases are increasing here after the partial opening.

My floor has been sealed for 14 days  after one of my neighbours caught it. No one on my floor is being allowed to step out of the house,  apart from throwing their garbage which the authorities come to collect. 

Funnily on the first day of this floor lock down I gave a 15 minute long lecture to my mum and wife to use the food carefully and ration as much as they could. 

I get up next day to find them cooking three different types of vegetables. :dam:

Stay safe buddy. My sister is in a similar situation and we video chatted the other day and I casually asked hows the rationing going? And she said well .... and then we both laughed.

Edited by Mel81x

The best part in terms of panic buying throughout all this would still have to be the scenes from the Netherlands at the start of their outbreak

Thousands queuing up outside coffee shops for weed, then the day after, the government said that coffee shops could remain open :ph34r:.

• Subscriber

Incredibly, with over 3 weeks since the last positive test, we're scrapping all social distancing guidelines on the island from Monday. Everything opening as normal but the borders remaining closed at least until the end of June. This to me signals an acceptance from our government to leave the borders closed for longer to reopen the island internally. The alternative would have been to stay careful with the restrictions whilst simultaneously slowly relaxing the border controls. It's amazing what a government can achieve with basic competence and common sense and no party politics causing them to stubbornly pursue their own ideology at risk of losing "points" to the opposition. They've also procured 10,000 antibody tests meaning they'll be able to test a sample of over 10% of the population to see how widespread the virus actually has been.

For me it's great as it looks like our school will be going back with full-sized classes to completely normal timetables within a week or two. Amazing really when we were braced for several months of having to maintain some sort of reduced class sizes to respect social distancing, possibly for long enough to take us up to the point where a vaccine is available.

• Upvote 1