talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

When the pubs reopen, I'm giving it a total wide berth. I can see exactly how it's going to go, people are gonna get over excited like they haven't had a beer before, all the idiots will be out and I don't think it's gonna be pretty.

It's BBQ season and I'm happy having social drinks at home or round someone's.

Not too bothered on restaurants either. More than happy to let everyone rush to them.

The only thing I will do is get a proper haircut because it's so bloody hot now, I can't deal with it being too long xD

Loads are going to get haircuts as their currently looking like the Jackson 5.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

When the pubs reopen, I'm giving it a total wide berth. I can see exactly how it's going to go, people are gonna get over excited like they haven't had a beer before, all the idiots will be out and I don't think it's gonna be pretty

That's exactly what our son said, why the fuck did they decide to open them on a weekend and a lot of people who don't have weekend work will go out on a 2-day bender just to get pissed, it would have been better starting it off on a Monday and let people ease their way in as they had work the next day.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

When the pubs reopen, I'm giving it a total wide berth. I can see exactly how it's going to go, people are gonna get over excited like they haven't had a beer before, all the idiots will be out and I don't think it's gonna be pretty.

Not too bothered on restaurants either. More than happy to let everyone rush to them.

The only thing I will do is get a proper haircut because it's so bloody hot now, I can't deal with it being too long xD

Yeah not a chance I'm gonna head to one on that weekend. Much rather be in the comfort of own home/garden enjoying the beers.

I can just see so many people going absolutely mad because they've been turned away from the pub even though there's quite obviously going to be capacity limits for pub owners and they didn't book ahead.

Only time I'd go to a restaurant at the moment is with the other half but even then, might dodge it for that first weekend. 

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Bang on (but I don’t need a haircut). Odeon is reopening on July 4th but I’m giving it a wide berth till we’ve had the baby at the end of the month.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

This was footage from a hearing discussing mandating the wearing of masks in Florida.

It's delusion to a staggering degree. Maybe the most nonsensical rant I've seen.

The last woman telling a doctor to go back to school and get educated because she doesn't think she's worthy of her credentials xD

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just carry on as per normal without any restrictions, will be able to see family and friends again with the easing up of the lockdown, it's our daughters Birthday today and she is coming across with wee Kaiden shortly for some eats and some wine, it's nice being able to sit next to them again. 

It really is mate. But I would say expect a two steps forward, one step back situation for a while.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

It really is mate. But I would say expect a two steps forward, one step back situation for a while.

It's nice seeing wee Kaidens smiling face again close up and nattering away, I got him one of these Roblox toys for his visit today and he was over the moon.

thumbnail_20200625_142308.thumb.jpg.008d322f84bc84762283131af4bfbe64.jpg

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Pretty much this for me as well. Really don't like the idea of going for a meal or to the pub with distancing and everything else in place, especially as you'll have idiots who simply won't listen in general. 

Haircuts are fine for me as I just shave it off anyway (not to @DeadLinesman extent though). 

My take is that when rules change the first people to rush out and do what is now allowed are guinea pigs. The impact of their actions is monitored by scientists behind a glass so to speak. I'll give it a couple of weeks for the guinea pigs to show it's ok before I join in.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

My take is that when rules change the first people to rush out and do what is now allowed are guinea pigs. The impact of their actions is monitored by scientists behind a glass so to speak. I'll give it a couple of weeks for the guinea pigs to show it's ok before I join in.

A bit like waiting a bit before going to the theme park to try out the new Rollercoaster.... give it a month or so in case something happens then when you know it's safe then go... 

12 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Exactly. Said it before, but Odeon re-opens on 4th July. I’ll be giving it till mid/late August before I go.

Can you imagine what's going to be happening here if this gets passed... totally not thought this through at all

Downing Street has confirmed that new laws will be introduced to allow drinking in streets, car parks and outdoor spaces to help the UK's lockdown recovery.

21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Can you imagine what's going to be happening here if this gets passed... totally not thought this through at all

Downing Street has confirmed that new laws will be introduced to allow drinking in streets, car parks and outdoor spaces to help the UK's lockdown recovery.

Lol, what the fuck? Why would this be a solution for lockdown recovery? Tbh this just confirms that Boris drinks even more than I do.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Huh? Is that legit?! 

Street drinking and car parks is asking for trouble. 

How do they expect police to control that when things get a bit lairy? 

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

They all need to fuck off. Cunts.

The angle of that photo though can be deceptive... If you went to a bird's eye view you'd likely find that all those seperate groups were more than 2 metres apart

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

The angle of that photo though can be deceptive... If you went to a bird's eye view you'd likely find that all those seperate groups were more than 2 metres apart

They weren’t. There’s been various news reports over here. They left almost 10 tonnes of rubbish yesterday. Genuinely hope they all get the plague.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

Huh? Is that legit?! 

Street drinking and car parks is asking for trouble. 

How do they expect police to control that when things get a bit lairy? 

Go into shops and banks covering your face, drinking in the streets..I genuinely didn't think I'd ever hear that.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Totally.... Here is a photo of last nights Liverpool celebrations outside Anfield.. Only about 100 people turned up apparently and were well spaced out abiding by the 2 metre rule but from the angle they have taken the photo makes it seem like there are a lot more... :ph34r:

a group of people on a stage in front of a crowd: Thousands of fans gathered in Liverpool to celebrate, lighting red flares and singing football songs

• Haha 4

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Totally.... Here is a photo of last nights Liverpool celebrations outside Anfield.. Only about 100 people turned up apparently and were well spaced out abiding by the 2 metre rule but from the angle they have taken the photo makes it seem like there are a lot more... :ph34r:

a group of people on a stage in front of a crowd: Thousands of fans gathered in Liverpool to celebrate, lighting red flares and singing football songs

Can't really blame them if I'm honest even though if you look at it objectively they're definitely breaking the rules. Are there even rules now or are they just guidelines? I've lost track. The UK has been a total mess throughout this, it's bizarre seeing it happen like that when on the island we've just used simple common sense, done the lockdown properly, closed the borders and now we're two weeks into no more social distancing. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Can't really blame them if I'm honest even though if you look at it objectively they're definitely breaking the rules. Are there even rules now or are they just guidelines? I've lost track. The UK has been a total mess throughout this, it's bizarre seeing it happen like that when on the island we've just used simple common sense, done the lockdown properly, closed the borders and now we're two weeks into no more social distancing. 

Of course not... It was more to have a bit of fun with @Harry when he was talking about the angle of the camera on Bournemouth beach.. xD