talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

• Administrator

Listened to Fergus Walsh on BBC about that.

He said NHS have enough stock to last a few months but the concerning thing is any production from this point onwards is pretty much going to US.

It'll be interesting to see where we are in 2-3 months time when perhaps stocks are running low or we totally run out :(

1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

It must be not enough that America’s covid policy is killing so many Americans when there are so many other lives America can take around the world as it ineptly fumbles through this crisis.

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Looks like more than Leicester should be in lockdown. 

@DeadLinesman 's street a hotbed for the virus 

Being worse than Luton in any category is cause for obliterating the places and just starting again. See you in the new revolution!!

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Looks like more than Leicester should be in lockdown. 

@DeadLinesman 's street a hotbed for the virus 

While Leicester goes into lockdown, our health minister has said that there's no evidence of the Merthyr cases being in the wider community. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming days. 

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

200.gif

Cracking stuff. Anything Hot Fuzz related gets an instant like. :banana:

Also, we're opening pubs and restaurants (outdoors only) from 13th July, but no plans to open indoors just yet. 

As far as I've read, Northern Ireland opens fully tomorrow, followed by England on the 4th, Scotland (outdoors only) on the 6th and then indoors as well on the 15th.

This is why I feel like banging my head against the wall with the Welsh Government. I have no issues with the cautious approach but we're being far too cautious. We opened non essential shops while still having a 5 mile guidance in place, then asking Ryanair not to use their airport for a few days because of the same guidance that should be removed from the 6th. 

Our lot didn't have an idea when pubs, restaurants and other hospitality areas could open because 'we don't know what will happen in the weeks or months ahead'. :dam:

They're simply too scared to make any big decisions of there own (hence us lagging behind everyone else) while happily taking potshots at the UK government at every opportunity (basically playing politics in a pandemic, though this is nothing new), then at the same time begging Westminster for more money. 

• Administrator

England to announce a list of countries that you can travel from and be quarantine-free. Spain, Germany, France & Italy all reported to be on there. Aren't you guys lucky!

• Administrator

Full list:

Andorra Germany New Zealand
Antigua and Barbuda Greece Norway
Aruba Greenland Poland
Australia Grenada Réunion
Austria Guadeloupe San Marino
Bahamas Hong Kong Serbia
Barbados Hungary Seychelles
Belgium Iceland South Korea
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba Italy Spain
Croatia Jamaica St Barthélemy
Curaçao Japan St Kitts and Nevis
Cyprus Liechtenstein St Lucia
Czech Republic Lithuania St Pierre and Miquelon
Denmark Luxembourg Switzerland
Dominica Macau Taiwan
Faroe Islands Malta Trinidad and Tobago
Fiji Mauritius Turkey
Finland Monaco Vatican City
France Netherlands Vietnam
French Polynesia New Caledonia  

Well that's good news for a lot of our lot then travel wise, they have been waiting all week to see what was going to happen... 

On another note I see pubs are being opened and gatherings of up to 30 people will be allowed and yet nail salons, tanning places can't open??? Not that I care much for tanning salons being shut because if I see another fat necked orange head in pyjamas walking around down the shopping parade I might just let loose but really don't understand how they can give one place a 30 people max and not a place that will not even have a third of that amount the heave ho??? 

And as for people behaving themselves... do me a favour

• Subscriber

Most of the things that were supposed to lead to second waves haven't actually come to pass so far, VE day celebrations, BLM protests. Seems like it might be a case of the more aggressive strains of the virus burning themselves out and the slightly less lethal strains still in circulation or something. 

Just checked in on the data for the worst time in a while....

I knew Brazil was bad but didn't realise they had a 50% positive test rate for all their accumulted cases.

3 million tests for 1.5 million confirmed cases is just terrible.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just checked in on the data for the worst time in a while....

I knew Brazil was bad but didn't realise they had a 50% positive test rate for all their accumulted cases.

3 million tests for 1.5 million confirmed cases is just terrible.

The one where nobody is batting an eye is Mexico. Cases increasing and they have more deaths than Spain. Didn't realize it was that bad there.

8 suburbs in Melbourne are back in lockdown. We're currently the main Australian City battling a resurgence and it's rising pretty quickly... Makes you realise we were already slowing the curve quite a bit pre lockdown the first time. People aren't quite as anxious now which ultimately means the rate of spread is slightly higher in that aspect. Other things have improved, but people overall are being more relaxed.