talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

I suspect trump will copy him. He'll be ropeable not to have been the first to do this, but for certain help be going to the polls in November claiming to have have cured coronavirus.

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I remain skeptical as fuck

Me too. As sceptical as I have been about their mortality rate being way better than Germany, or China's months of near zero Covid cases.

25 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Apparently the only difference between this vaccine and others in development is they haven't bothered with full testing and seemingly they're not going to bother.

I'm sure there are issues but it is quite funny, in a dark sort of way, how desperately the West are hoping for this vaccine to fail. Rather a raging pandemic than any sort of prestige for Russia. 

I love German satire. 

https://dietagespresse.com/zehn-minuten-nach-impfung-tochter-von-putin-stemmt-240-kilogramm/?fbclid=IwAR3yUXfbufOfc-TOgqTW0qMHg3s6gcrSsFmXenD8rxeoZ16xI22kuxWAc3w

"The vaccine was tested extensively. Either you had no corona, or you went into the woods and shot yourself in the head, twice. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm sure there are issues but it is quite funny, in a dark sort of way, how desperately the West are hoping for this vaccine to fail. Rather a raging pandemic than any sort of prestige for Russia. 

They aren't though mate they're just not impressed that they are following the process, with multiple candidate vaccines in stage 3 trials, whilst Russia bypass the processes.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Apparently the only difference between this vaccine and others in development is they haven't bothered with full testing and seemingly they're not going to bother.

That's not true though. The Phase 3 trials are starting today with thousands of volunteers in numerous countries, as usual. They simply registered the vaccine early in order to be able to fast-track its distribution to key workers.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Harry said:

They aren't though mate they're just not impressed that they are following the process, with multiple candidate vaccines in stage 3 trials, whilst Russia bypass the processes.

As above - phase 3 trials start today. UAE, Saudi Arabia, Philippines and likely Brazil among countries that participate in them. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

As above - phase 3 trials start today. UAE, Saudi Arabia, Philippines and likely Brazil among countries that participate in them. 

what results from these phase 3 trials would be good news? As in, what percentage would be enough to take it forward even more?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

what results from these phase 3 trials would be good news? As in, what percentage would be enough to take it forward even more?

I believe in this particular case, the vaccine is supposed to protect at least 50% of trial participants in order to be deemed effective. 

58 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's not true though. The Phase 3 trials are starting today with thousands of volunteers in numerous countries, as usual. They simply registered the vaccine early in order to be able to fast-track its distribution to key workers.

Basically at the same phase many others companies have already reached? Just with the added Trumpism.

Some analyst somewhere (lol) said the risk is that they dish this out outside of trials and it backfires then the anti-vaxxer cause will grow in numbers and resistance to all other covid vaccines.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Basically at the same phase many others companies have already reached? Just with the added Trumpism.

Some analyst somewhere (lol) said the risk is that they dish this out outside of trials and it backfires then the anti-vaxxer cause will grow in numbers and resistance to all other covid vaccines.

Yes, exactly - the same phase as many others, just with added publicity stunt. 

The second point might be reasonable, but then again, the procedure is not really that different from the approach that other countries are taking. Fast tracking vaccines or drugs always poses certain risks. The Russians expect to be able to distribute the vaccine to the general public in January, that's over 4 months time to conduct Phase 3 trials, and about the same timeline that other vaccine manufacturers are following. I'm looking forward to the phase 1 & 2 trial data they are supposed to publish this month. 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

I suspect trump will copy him. He'll be ropeable not to have been the first to do this, but for certain help be going to the polls in November claiming to have have cured coronavirus.

Me too. As sceptical as I have been about their mortality rate being way better than Germany, or China's months of near zero Covid cases.

I’m sure he will try that. And probably so will Modi and Bolsonero. Weird how so many countries hit so badly by this disease are the ones led by shitty populists.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m sure he will try that. And probably so will Modi and Bolsonero. Weird how so many countries hit so badly by this disease are the ones led by shitty populists.

I don't even trust the data from those countries tbh.

Since shifting the reporting from the CDC America's death curve has flattened, and rate of testing has reduced, positivity rate has increased. Would not surprise me if the excess deaths in states like Florida are much higher than their reported Covid deaths now.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The Netherlands will now be added to the list of countries that require quarantine when arriving back to the UK.

You could see it coming when I was there 2 week ago as they were having a rise in cases then and there weren't any social distancing being followed as such.

France has been added as well and they're going to put the UK on their list in retaliation :4_joy: 

I love how bitter French culture is.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm surpsrised we're not already banned from France. France is just a better place than England, better food, better language, better girls, better cities. London is a dog compared to Paris. And what's next Birmingham or Manchester compared to Lyon? xD

London is the 2nd biggest French city in Europe :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

France has been added as well and they're going to put the UK on their list in retaliation :4_joy: 

I love how bitter French culture is.

I see the Netherlands have joined in as well now.. siding with the French and doing the same thing... 

Gather your pitchforks peasants it's war!!! 

See the source image

• Haha 3