talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Who would want to go there anyway? 😷

Well it is known as Caerfilthy after all. :ph34r:

EDIT: Caerphilly in lock down until October at least now. No one allowed in and out of the borough, face masks in shops for anyone 11 and above, no meeting any family or friends, no extended households and......... schools, pubs, bars and restaurants to remain open? :|

Welsh Government in a nutshell there.

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber

Another spike in cases in at least England and France isn't good news. Luckily, the new cases are predominantly under 40s and very few of them in the vulnerable age groups. 30 more deaths were confirmed today in England which is the highest in several weeks. What do you do though?

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Another spike in cases in at least England and France isn't good news. Luckily, the new cases are predominantly under 40s and very few of them in the vulnerable age groups. 30 more deaths were confirmed today in England which is the highest in several weeks. What do you do though?

Similar with us, though the deaths have thankfully remained low. 

Looking like my area could be going into lockdown again (making that assumption as though the clusters are more in the Rhondda Valleys, we all fall under the same council). My mate is two weeks from his trip to Cyprus for his wedding as well. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

More stupidity... telling people they can't gather at home in numbers but can still travel/go to work and pubs and gyms and schools.... 

It's one or the other?? Just cherry picking to seem in control and coming across as being pro active in my opinion... If we followed the same rules as the House of Commons there would not be enough workers in places to keep things going... us and them at it's finest

This Government in a nutshell... 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

With the birth of the new child, I’ve got 5 in my house. Legally from Monday, I can’t have the in-laws over as that makes 7. Yet I can play a midweek 11 a side game, potentially putting myself in contact with 21 separate households throughout the game. Fucking insanity.

Meanwhile your missus and kids are on a different forum wondering how to bump you off so they can have the grandparents round :ph34r:

• Haha 1

It's fucking mental. All of the UK governments are guilty of the same flaw of being shit scared of upsetting people, all the while introducing half-measures that blatantly insult people's common sense.

Yes, people don't want restrictions on their life, but they'll much more readily accept being told "don't meet up with your mates indoors", than "don't meet them at home, but go see them in the pub so long as you pretend you all live within 3 households for our sham track-and-trace system". 

The mind grasps absolutes a lot more easily than half measures.

And I can say for sure that a lot of people I know who were previously very observant, even paranoid, about the measures, have stopped taking them seriously for that reason.

Edited by Inverted

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I am reading that the Government are going to try and enforce the Rules by bringing in 'Covid Marshalls' to ensure people are following the rules... 

A job for @DeadLinesman if ever I heard one... xD

That's a half-hearted attempt, if you employ people to denounce their fellows do full the step and call them "Blockwart".

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I am reading that the Government are going to try and enforce the Rules by bringing in 'Covid Marshalls' to ensure people are following the rules... 

A job for @DeadLinesman if ever I heard one... xD

11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

That's a half-hearted attempt, if you employ people to denounce their fellows do full the step and call them "Blockwart".

A while ago here, the local authorities created a facebook group encouraging people to snitch on those who don't wear masks in public in order to find and fine them. People responded by posting photos of politicians not wearing masks, which led to the group being shut down within 48 hours xD 

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

With the birth of the new child, I’ve got 5 in my house. Legally from Monday, I can’t have the in-laws over as that makes 7. Yet I can play a midweek 11 a side game, potentially putting myself in contact with 21 separate households throughout the game. Fucking insanity.

It’s to stop house parties ain’t it, I get on the tube with 30 other people in my carriage every morning and evening but it’s the pesky kids fault

I don't really get the whining to be honest. The previous rule was that only 2 households could mix. Including in restaurants, bars, parks. The Police don't have time to ask for everyone's address but counting numbers is straight forward. 

It's also not all or nothing. It might contradict on the surface that you can go to work but not have a big family meal but statistically stopping one does impact the R rate. You might get the desired fall without stopping both.